2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekman

HSC
if you guys are interested, I'm going to have a hsc interactive answer/ discussion thing

Probably just for discovery. We can collectively analyse texts and attempt at responding to the questions (I got some sample paper 1s)
Also, there could be a sharing of random stuff we find and then relating them to discovery (whether this is from past AOS papers or something you've come across online)

Why am I doing this?
Well just answering questions after questions is boring and having group interaction makes you actually do stuff. There's no marking criteria/ sample answers set for these practice discovery papers so it's best to hear answers from other people. It'll be good to have discussion on how we can answer the questions which is giving feedback to whoever wrote that response. I would make a marathon thread but that isn't going to be flexible as this idea. More importantly, you can be anonymous since it doesn't state the contributor unless you specify yourself

so interested?
contact this email for more info and I'll give you an invite: mythologicalsnow@gmail.com (note this is a random spare email, not my real details)
How is this discussion thing going to work? You give us a sample question and we email you back the answers, or will there be a google document and everyone puts up their answers and we can edit one another's?

HSC
How is this discussion thing going to work? You give us a sample question and we email you back the answers, or will there be a google document and everyone puts up their answers and we can edit one another's?
the last part exactly. Everything will be seen and to be edited. Like group work

rawrliongirl

HSC
I literally just spent a whole week non-stop working on my major project that was due tuesday. Oh my God. So glad that nightmare is over.

12 hours * 7 days = 80 hours.
ommgggg im still working on my multimedia major and im dying ahhh
i have so much to do D:
i am actually working on it rn.
what have i actually been doing these past 2.5 terms?

Flop21

HSC
if you guys are interested, I'm going to have a hsc interactive answer/ discussion thing

Probably just for discovery. We can collectively analyse texts and attempt at responding to the questions (I got some sample paper 1s)
Also, there could be a sharing of random stuff we find and then relating them to discovery (whether this is from past AOS papers or something you've come across online)

Why am I doing this?
Well just answering questions after questions is boring and having group interaction makes you actually do stuff. There's no marking criteria/ sample answers set for these practice discovery papers so it's best to hear answers from other people. It'll be good to have discussion on how we can answer the questions which is giving feedback to whoever wrote that response. I would make a marathon thread but that isn't going to be flexible as this idea. More importantly, you can be anonymous since it doesn't state the contributor unless you specify yourself

so interested?
contact this email for more info and I'll give you an invite: mythologicalsnow@gmail.com (note this is a random spare email, not my real details)
What site are you using?

Occupied

HSC
N/A

Why am I doing this?

so interested?
does it have to be through email? I dont really use mine much

King Arthur

HSC
I was wondering if anybody could help with this questions, specifically the y axis part. "Find the equation of the parabola with vertex at the origin, axis y=0 & passing through (1 1/4, 5). Thanks.

Drsoccerball

HSC
I was wondering if anybody could help with this questions, specifically the y axis part. "Find the equation of the parabola with vertex at the origin, axis y=0 & passing through (1 1/4, 5) . Thanks.
Whats this suppose to be...

Chris_S

HSC
Unfortunately these holidays won't be a relaxing one! Got trials and have to study! GG everyone

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Unfortunately these holidays won't be a relaxing one! Got trials and have to study! GG everyone
It's so fascinating that years before Year 12 I loved the holidays because I can rest and finally play games non-stop, but now in Year 12 I love the holidays because it gives me more time to study.

Ekman

HSC
I was wondering if anybody could help with this questions, specifically the y axis part. "Find the equation of the parabola with vertex at the origin, axis y=0 & passing through (1 1/4, 5). Thanks.
The y axis basically means that the parabola crosses the y axis (meaning when x=0) at y=0, which is just a re-iteration of the information about the vertex being at the origin (meaning the x and y intercepts are at 0,0). So you automatically use the standard form of y=ax^2, where you find out that a=80/121. So your final answer is:

Drsoccerball

HSC
The y axis basically means that the parabola crosses the y axis (meaning when x=0) at y=0, which is just a re-iteration of the information about the vertex being at the origin (meaning the x and y intercepts are at 0,0). So you automatically use the standard form of y=ax^2, where you find out that a=80/121. So your final answer is:
but it says axis is y=0 meaning its an inverted parabola

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)