2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekman

HSC
so i just received my mod B hamlet task where i received 17/20 (just made the top band haha)

not sure whether i should be happy considering that some got marks above mine and a few even got full marks :/
Well it depends on your expectations. Did you expect 20/20 or did you expect 15/20?

Ekman

HSC
i was expecting a 12/20 because i bs'ed my analysis so much :haha:

also because i now realise i have to smash trials and do well in the last assessment (which is a mod c speech) in order to save my rank
Well there is a 5 mark difference between your expectation and your actual mark. So in my opinion I think you should be happy, but always know there is room for improvement.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
so i just received my mod B hamlet task where i received 17/20 (just made the top band haha)

not sure whether i should be happy considering that some got marks above mine and a few even got full marks :/

I think be happy :)

You did better then you were expecting! Plus you made it into the excellent band :p

Ekman

HSC
I asked because I was curious about the average and how people faired in the exam. In my honest opinion you should be happy, its mod b, you got band 6, you smashed your expectation and you beat a majority of those 60 people.

Thunderstorm

HSC

Well done mate. Reading your thread about English a month or so ago, this sounds like progress. Keep at it

pomsky

HSC
lol trials.
hello stress.

How's everyone prepping for math/ eco? And grats Hawk haha

Ekman

HSC
guess your little m0tivation speech (alongside fiction's bluntness rofl) helped :p

and thank you haha

well, in terms of eco, i just need to create flashcards for the diagrams, know the content back to front (hello reciting...), do heaps of MC coz they're a bitch, know hsc verbs so i can structure my responses to the SA on the fly, and do a few practice essays (i still need to try to do a practice essay on the BOP, exchange rates and micro rofl). also need to update my stats bank lel

maths... i just need to do more practice on series and sequences coz this is a motherfken pain in the arse lol. apart from that, do as many exam-type Q's and try do a timed past paper every day from next week onwards

wbu m8?
Damn I heard that I should have a stat bank but I actually didn't make one (I instead memorise trends for each topic rather than stats, barring the case study).

Should I be worried?

Last edited:

Ekman

HSC
i've heard of people who just utilised the t/b only without referring to online sources and still got b6. same thing normally applies to those who conduct their research and deserve their results. so in all honestly, it shouldn't be too bad - cause it seems that you're covering your arse with the memorisation of trends. best if you verify with mreditor as i'm no model eco student haha. but personally, i'm just gonna memorise the key stats (inflation rate, GDP, interest rate, composition of trade, etc.) as imo, you'd want to substantiate your theory with good research that will make the marker jizz

and lol, the case study - that is the worst thing imo - that's the only thing i'm literally going to have a prepared structure. but other than that, will just yolo and write on da spot
Oh are you kidding me, every economics student should know those stats back to front. If you don't know Australia's inflation or interest rate, let alone the GDP and the exchange rate, you are cutting a major fine. I thought you were talking about the useless stats that you can fudge a bit in the HSC (such as imports/exports, financial flows, etc (anything that has to do with money))

In terms of the case study, I unfortunately wont remember that much from it, so I have to memorise all the important stuff. People in my cohort are theorising that it wont be the case study again this year (as they asked it last year), so im just prepping for it to be in the short answers.

rawrliongirl

HSC
Tried studying for the first time today and did around 5 hours. Tbh idk how people are pulling off 8 hours a day I feel like I'm going to die lmao

how's everyone going?
At least you were productive :3
I spent almost 2 hours listening to the same song on repeat instead of doing my history assessment ;-; I think I've actually lost it. :')

Yeah Idk how to even pull off 1 hour of effective study...so 8 is unimaginable! Lol wot even is study? hahahaha :'))))

How's it already Wednesday?!! I have soooo much shit to do and I feel like I'm not going to be able to finish it all!! D:

lightthefuze

HSC
Is anyone going to those trial hsc study days etc?

I really wanna go and get the 'study done for me'

However, I'd rather invest the $$$ into HSC lectures

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ekman

HSC
Is anyone going to those trial hsc study days etc?

I really wanna go and get the 'study done for me'

However, I'd rather invest the $$$ into HSC lectures

Where are you planning on getting that study done?

Ekman

HSC
I'm already studying, doing past papers etc. Tvm

These revision lectures can just supplement what I've missed out on/haven't understood

I guess you misunderstood my question. Where are you going for these lectures? University of Sydney?

lightthefuze

HSC
I guess you misunderstood my question. Where are you going for these lectures? University of Sydney?
Oh sorry!

USYD, Notre Dame, Macquarie even. I was planning on going to the Notre Dame ones next week, $345 per person (you can go to any subject and get food) threw me off though. I could go to one TSFX lecture that I really wanted to go to for $30+

Ekman

HSC
Oh sorry!

USYD, Notre Dame, Macquarie even. I was planning on going to the Notre Dame ones next week, $345 per person (you can go to any subject and get food) threw me off though. I could go to one TSFX lecture that I really wanted to go to for $30+

Oh I see. Well I went to one in usyd for eco and I found it completely useless. The way they answered short answers was elementary. I only went for one day then I unenrolled straight away.

Then again it could be useful to you, I tend to have a lot of expectations for courses like those.

lightthefuze

HSC
Oh I see. Well I went to one in usyd for eco and I found it completely useless. The way they answered short answers was elementary. I only went for one day then I unenrolled straight away.

Then again it could be useful to you, I tend to have a lot of expectations for courses like those.
I went to a Marketing lecture for Business Studies and I should've just printed notes off the internet from past Business students, gathered a bunch of SMH business articles and applied them to past paper questions. Cannot believe I wasted $60.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)