• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Occupied

HSC
N/A
yea well...

the thing is, what i dont like about eng is that (for me, at least), no matter how much effort i invest the marks generally seem to be based on how the teacher feels on the day. i can work my fking ass off for my maths and science and other humanities and attain solid marks, whereas english is unpredictable lol. i swear my shit which was based on BS the night before that gets good marks whereas the shit i write 2-3 weeks in advance gets given feedback with a metaphorical "fk u". it also makes it worse when there's plagiarism which is rife in hsc english and despite one's complaint to the teachers, they can't do much, especially since the previous assessments in our school internals had the Q given out prior, meaning you could just regurgitate whatever piece of wankery you've come up with on the spot. tbh, i don't mind learning about the texts, they are interesting to me. i just reckon the marking can be more clear cut. i also question the merits of literature language being able to be applied to all contexts for future which imo is total bullshit (that's another debate tho)
yeah well m8 at least ur whole essay is going to be marked

astroman

HSC
It doesn't look bad from afar but when u look at it it's not really that readable. Then again it's not terrible and am sure markers will pass it in the exam and still attempt to mark it.

Last edited:

Occupied

HSC
N/A
I've seen worse :)

It seems like you also begin to leave letters out of words as you progress through writing your SA responses/creative/essay
plz guys, lets stop admiring my handwriting :p
wait so is messy handwriting a thing for scribes? bc since i took out my assessment the comment was actually written in high modality LOL "MUST"
and yeh, lazy hand but see i can read it just fine

Flop21

HSC
yea well...

the thing is, what i dont like about eng is that (for me, at least), no matter how much effort i invest the marks generally seem to be based on how the teacher feels on the day. i can work my fking ass off for my maths and science and other humanities and attain solid marks, whereas english is unpredictable lol. i swear my shit which was based on BS the night before that gets good marks whereas the shit i write 2-3 weeks in advance gets given feedback with a metaphorical "fk u". it also makes it worse when there's plagiarism which is rife in hsc english and despite one's complaint to the teachers, they can't do much, especially since the previous assessments in our school internals had the Q given out prior, meaning you could just regurgitate whatever piece of wankery you've come up with on the spot. tbh, i don't mind learning about the texts, they are interesting to me. i just reckon the marking can be more clear cut. i also question the merits of literature language being able to be applied to all contexts for future which imo is total bullshit (that's another debate tho)

lmao, this has turned into an anti-english rant
This is what I hate about English. I can't debate any marks I'm given because I have no idea HOW they are marked. Marking criteria is pretty much this: top band = excellent analysis, next one down = good analysis, sound analysis, poor analysis etc. etc.

Wtf is "excellent". I feel like that's what makes it bias because teachers can have their own opinions on what they think is good, excellent etc. The English criterias need to be more specific on what the hell they want.

Sometimes you'll get a nice and good teacher who's really helpful and will write down what you did wrong, what you need to improve. But when you're stuck with just an average teacher it's so hard.

Flop21

HSC
plz guys, lets stop admiring my handwriting :p
wait so is messy handwriting a thing for scribes? bc since i took out my assessment the comment was actually written in high modality LOL "MUST"
and yeh, lazy hand but see i can read it just fine
I think you just need to make sure you join and complete your letters. I always need to do this. Doesn't matter how uneven or crap your writing is, as long as the letters are there, they can read it.

Occupied

HSC
N/A
This is what I hate about English. I can't debate any marks I'm given because I have no idea HOW they are marked. Marking criteria is pretty much this: top band = excellent analysis, next one down = good analysis, sound analysis, poor analysis etc. etc.

Wtf is "excellent". I feel like that's what makes it bias because teachers can have their own opinions on what they think is good, excellent etc. The English criterias need to be more specific on what the hell they want.

Sometimes you'll get a nice and good teacher who's really helpful and will write down what you did wrong, what you need to improve. But when you're stuck with just an average teacher it's so hard.
IKR? some teachers dont know what theyre talking about. im just lucky mine does
idk
everyone who likes english does well in it so mayb 'excellent' means something different to high achievers?
LOL BSING BUT W/E

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)