2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

teridax

HSC
N/A
I guess it depends on what texts you have per module, because for mod A, John Donne and W;t has some specific questions regarding death and love. So having backup is necessary for mod A for me at least.
True, but the themes they have identified (and if they do identify) are themes that are already important to the texts, and that you should have already studied. Again, if you haven't, the themes aren't too difficult to relate to the other themes present in the text.

Chris_S

HSC
I am just wandering for a compare question in biology or chemistry is it better off to write it up in short response format or do a table?

Ekman

HSC
2u guys, did u touch year 11 content in the holz?
Not really but fortunately each of my subjects for the HSC course touch up on year 11 content
-Chemistry (Prelim was about doing calculations, so as you do past papers you are brushing over year 11 content)
-Economics (topic 4 is literally the year 11 content)
-Maths (ext 2 doesn't have prelim, and stuff that you need for ext 1 prelim spills onto content in HSC)
-English (doesn't require any prelim content).

Drsoccerball

HSC
Not really but fortunately each of my subjects for the HSC course touch up on year 11 content
-Chemistry (Prelim was about doing calculations, so as you do past papers you are brushing over year 11 content)
-Economics (topic 4 is literally the year 11 content)
-Maths (ext 2 doesn't have prelim, and stuff that you need for ext 1 prelim spills onto content in HSC)
-English ( doesn't require any prelim content).
Doesn't require any content*

Librah

Not_the_pad
HSC
I am just wandering for a compare question in biology or chemistry is it better off to write it up in short response format or do a table?
Table if your organised enough. If you waste alot of time actually drawing/creating a suitable table, don't bother.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Tabling if you know the specifics

Both methods are allowed for comparing

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Quick question, if I'm coming first in a subject out of two people and in my final yearly report I get say 80%, and then it's time for the HSC and I get a raw mark of 65, what will my final mark be?

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Quick question, if I'm coming first in a subject out of two people and in my final yearly report I get say 80%, and then it's time for the HSC and I get a raw mark of 65, what will my final mark be?
Depends if the person ranked second gets a higher mark in the HSC exam.

If they don't then you just get the raw mark of 65.

porcupinetree

not actually a porcupine
HSC
After your raw exam marks are aligned (adjusted to the BOSTES standards), the sum of all the aligned exam marks of your cohort will be distributed among your cohort; this is what makes your assessment mark. The distribution of these marks is dependent upon your rank in the cohort and the relative spaces between the ranks.
For example
If your raw assessment mark is 80, and the other person gets 50, then the BOS will note that you are better than the other person by a specific amount (idk if the BoS works it out by percentages, i.e. person 2's mark was 62.5% yours, or by some other calculation). Then they totally disregard the numerical value which your school submitted.
Then, you'll sit the HSC exam, get a raw mark of 65, which might be aligned to 75 for example. Say the other person gets raw 60 and aligned 70. Then, to calculate your assessment mark, they'll take the sum of the aligned marks (75+70=145), and distribute them among the cohort according to the ranking and distances between ranks (if they do indeed calculate distances by percentages, then in this scenario you would get an assessment mark of 89 and the other person would get 56)

Your final HSC mark is the average between assessment mark and aligned exam mark.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Depends if the person ranked second gets a higher mark in the HSC exam.

If they don't then you just get the raw mark of 65.
The person ranked second won't get higher than me, so what would be my final mark? The average of 80 and 65?

EDIT: Basically pretend that there isn't a second person in the class because he doesn't even come to class anyway.

porcupinetree

not actually a porcupine
HSC
The person ranked second won't get higher than me, so what would be my final mark? The average of 80 and 65?

EDIT: Basically pretend that there isn't a second person in the class because he doesn't even come to class anyway.
It's impossible to determine what your final mark will be, because:
1. Your exam mark (and the other person's) has to be aligned
2. These exam marks are used to determine your assessment mark. Your internal mark of 80 means literally nothing to the BoS unless they know your rank, spacing between ranks, and aligned exam marks of the cohort

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
It's impossible to determine what your final mark will be, because:
1. Your exam mark (and the other person's) has to be aligned
2. These exam marks are used to determine your assessment mark. Your internal mark of 80 means literally nothing to the BoS unless they know your rank, spacing between ranks, and aligned exam marks of the cohort
How about if we just assume that I'm the only one in the class, 1/1, and obviously there's no one else to allign my marks with, what will my final mark be?

porcupinetree

not actually a porcupine
HSC
How about if we just assume that I'm the only one in the class, 1/1, and obviously there's no one else to allign my marks with, what will my final mark be?
Say, for example, you get a raw assessment mark of 80. Then you go into HSC and get a raw exam mark of 70. The BoS align this according to their standards (Step 4 in http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/hsc-results/determining-achievement.html), so they might align to a 75 for instance. Then the BoS uses this mark to 'moderate' your assessment mark as I described earlier - but there's only one person in your cohort, which means that you will get the exact same moderated assessment mark as your aligned exam mark - so you'll get a 75 for both. These two marks are the ones you receive, and your final HSC mark is the average of the two.

lightthefuze

HSC
Did a solid 5 hours of study (notes, '09-'14 1u sor MC questions, mind maps, past short answer responses for cafs etc. ) all handwritten!!! And includes 20 mins for dinner.

I guess my productivity levels are back to where they were earlier in the HSC journey! I felt like I was going to burn out completely this term, seems like going to bed earlier, optimism and prioritising is key.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)