2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

laurrrnmower

Pizza Slut
HSC
Hello hello hello my name is lauren and this is my first post so hopefully I'm doing it right????? my question isn't really about a specific subject so idk

so for the HSC i'm picking up ext 2 english, which means I'll have 14 units, 2 of which i'm looking to drop. I'm tossing up between ancient history and visual arts. I'm rank 1 in art and my teacher said she thinks i can definitely get a band 6, my only problem being that with ext 2 i will have 2 major works. for ancient i think i'm roughly rank 7 of the two classes, but i've had a lot of problems with my teacher to the point where i hate being in the classroom but the hsie head teacher refuses to let me move classes. i like the content in ancient but i don't know if i can go another year in that class.
so basically,
if i drop ancient and keep art i will have 2 major projects, the ext i will aim to more or less finish in the christmas holidays though.
if i drop art and keep ancient and die in that class for the year will it scale better assuming i do well? my school is kind of secretive about scaling so i've got no idea what's up with it

sorry if this is on the wrong forum!!!
thank you :)

turntaker

HSC
Hello hello hello my name is lauren and this is my first post so hopefully I'm doing it right????? my question isn't really about a specific subject so idk

so for the HSC i'm picking up ext 2 english, which means I'll have 14 units, 2 of which i'm looking to drop. I'm tossing up between ancient history and visual arts. I'm rank 1 in art and my teacher said she thinks i can definitely get a band 6, my only problem being that with ext 2 i will have 2 major works. for ancient i think i'm roughly rank 7 of the two classes, but i've had a lot of problems with my teacher to the point where i hate being in the classroom but the hsie head teacher refuses to let me move classes. i like the content in ancient but i don't know if i can go another year in that class.
so basically,
if i drop ancient and keep art i will have 2 major projects, the ext i will aim to more or less finish in the christmas holidays though.
if i drop art and keep ancient and die in that class for the year will it scale better assuming i do well? my school is kind of secretive about scaling so i've got no idea what's up with it

Drop both

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad

so basically,

Hi welcome to bos :)

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC

so basically,

Id say drop ancient, you seem to be smashing VA and you'll be much better off keeping a subject you enjoy! And dont worry about two majors, im in the same boat as you doing Society and culture with ex2 English and its doable! Good luck :)

laurrrnmower

Pizza Slut
HSC
Drop both
Haha I wish! But I guess if something gets too much I can drop it down to 11/10 units

Hi welcome to bos :)
Thanks, I took your survey :~)

Id say drop ancient, you seem to be smashing VA and you'll be much better off keeping a subject you enjoy! And dont worry about two majors, im in the same boat as you doing Society and culture with ex2 English and its doable! Good luck :)
Thanks for the advice and good luck with your major works!

rawrliongirl

HSC
Re: Year 11 2014 Chat :)

Should I drop to General Maths? I got my yearly result for mathematics back and got 34% and since I had a breakdown my dad said that maybe I should drop...but idk :s should I risk trying tutoring in mathematics to try and help me get at least to 70% or should I drop down to General?

btw..i don't know if i CAN achieve at least 70% within a few months when i've been consistently getting 30%-45% all year...and consistently failing since halfway through year 10

Last edited:

enoilgam

HSC
I agree with this, but dont drop just because you have a bad teacher.

laurrrnmower

Pizza Slut
HSC
I know it sounds petty, but all year I've struggled with this teacher and now that his bad teaching has been brought to the principal's attention and my mum has complained he is treating me sub-par to the rest of the class and hardly answers my questions. I enjoy the content I just hate the atmosphere in the class. It doesnt help that most of my class doesnt want to work or learn either haha

rawrliongirl

HSC
Me no believe the time has finally come.
It's been a pretty terrible start to the year for me as well, haven't got a very good outlook on the next 12 months now...

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
I honestly feel like doing this because of my Business Studies teacher

He's never had a student that has managed to obtain a band 6

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Me no believe the time has finally come.
It's been a pretty terrible start to the year for me as well, haven't got a very good outlook on the next 12 months now...
Don't base what the rest of the following year will be like over the first few days

You may start of terrible, but you can end well

enoilgam

HSC
I know it sounds petty, but all year I've struggled with this teacher and now that his bad teaching has been brought to the principal's attention and my mum has complained he is treating me sub-par to the rest of the class and hardly answers my questions. I enjoy the content I just hate the atmosphere in the class. It doesnt help that most of my class doesnt want to work or learn either haha
It's not petty at all, I just think it shouldnt be a reason to drop down. In uni and especially the workplace, you are going to have to deal with colleagues and bosses who are dumb, useless or treat you badly. In those situations, it's much harder to run away or avoid it. So it's better to learn when you are younger than it is when you are older.

laurrrnmower

Pizza Slut
HSC
It's not petty at all, I just think it shouldnt be a reason to drop down. In uni and especially the workplace, you are going to have to deal with colleagues and bosses who are dumb, useless or treat you badly. In those situations, it's much harder to run away or avoid it. So it's better to learn when you are younger than it is when you are older.
Oh yea I've had that whole talk haha, but I'd rather take the cowardly way out if it means I don't have to cry like every night for the rest of the year lmao
Also I'm pretty sure ancient is my worst ranking subject anyway

I honestly feel like doing this because of my Business Studies teacher

He's never had a student that has managed to obtain a band 6
That does not sound fun. I adore my business teacher, I wish I could give her to you~ Is there another business teacher you can get notes from? Thats what I've been doing for ancient :)

enoilgam

HSC
Oh yea I've had that whole talk haha, but I'd rather take the cowardly way out if it means I don't have to cry like every night for the rest of the year lmao
Also I'm pretty sure ancient is my worst ranking subject anyway
If it's making you feel that miserable then drop out - always put your personal wellbeing first.

Fiction

HSC

so basically,

OMG :O I've got pretty much the same issue with you at the moment :c Except since I've picked up Eng Ext 2, I now have 15 units //shot I'm also debating whether to drop eco/bio or VA atm. VA is like easy marks but apparently 2 major works aren't recommended. Oh well c: Best of luck!

EDIT: You want to finish your ext by the xmas holidays? o3o

Last edited:

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
OMG :O I've got pretty much the same issue with you at the moment :c Except since I've picked up Eng Ext 2, I now have 15 units //shot I'm also debating whether to drop eco/bio or VA atm. VA is like easy marks but apparently 2 major works aren't recommended...
It isn't recommended. Major works require lots of time and effort.

Eng ext 2 major works are a solid 3000 - 4000 words, and VA requires you to work on your ART project for a few months

It is kinda suicidal

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Keep both?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)