• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rawrliongirl

HSC
Does anyone know at what age lorikeets can fly?
The one I found still has a black beak and that apparently means it's a juvenile.
I'm not sure if it can't fly, or if something was wrong with it yesterday when it kept flying into the fence.. :s

Flop21

HSC
The one I found still has a black beak and that apparently means it's a juvenile.
I'm not sure if it can't fly, or if something was wrong with it yesterday when it kept flying into the fence.. :s
Ring WIRES

http://www.wires.org.au/contact/contact-us

pls they will help, that's the purpose of their existence

Fiction

HSC
They can sort of glide when they're young - mine started flying ish at around 6 months (I think); at that point in time her beak was still slightly black, like it wasn't bright orange yet. I don't really keep track of the time but they can fly when their wings grow out and they have to have some hint of a tail.

Flop21

HSC
send help

i'm so sick i might be dying

Flop21

HSC
62% came bottom half... Did better in ex 1 doe still doesnt make up for chem...
Don't worry Drsoccerball, there's always that one test that we screw up in trials. If it makes you feel better I got a lower mark for my math's trials - and that's literally the only subject that is important for me (uni next year).

And it shouldn't effect your rank TOO much, if you've done alright throughout the year.

I just got my English results back... oh my god. First essay in paper 2 was the essay I memorised the most and thought it was my BEST one. My last essay in that test I forgot everything. Couldn't even remember the name of the bloody director of my related text. I barely wrote anything.

Guess, what? Essay 1 was my lowest mark, essay 3 got pretty much full marks... English is honestly crazy (shows how much bias goes into it as well, each essay marked by a different person).

Drsoccerball

HSC
Don't worry Drsoccerball, there's always that one test that we screw up in trials. If it makes you feel better I got a lower mark for my math's trials - and that's literally the only subject that is important for me (uni next year).

And it shouldn't effect your rank TOO much, if you've done alright throughout the year.

I just got my English results back... oh my god. First essay in paper 2 was the essay I memorised the most and thought it was my BEST one. My last essay in that test I forgot everything. Couldn't even remember the name of the bloody director of my related text. I barely wrote anything.

Guess, what? Essay 1 was my lowest mark, essay 3 got pretty much full marks... English is honestly crazy (shows how much bias goes into it as well, each essay marked by a different person).
But the thing is i had a relatively good rank for chem and my teacher marked like a bitch for my paper.......... biggest bs. Also im going to get bad in the rest of my tests...

Ello1234

HSC
But the thing is i had a relatively good rank for chem and my teacher marked like a bitch for my paper.......... biggest bs. Also im going to get bad in the rest of my tests...
umm I thought you said your chem teacher this year is good?

Flop21

HSC
Yeah well that's odd. Check over it, add up the marks a few times to make sure it's all okay. Maybe she thought by marking you more harder, you'll push yourself for the HSC and smash externals. They are still technically only worth ~15% and HSC is worth 50%.

So best thing now would be to try and accept it and get onto smashing the HSC. But I get what you're feeling, I'm still depressed about my math mark.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Hey guys, I just want to ask is the best way to study for maths in these couple of weeks to go through past papers? I can't think of anything else to do however should I aim for a paper a day or more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)