2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ello1234

HSC
I just had to get sick before exams start! I've never been so sick in my life ><.

Flop21

HSC
This is me and I feel guilty af
Well at least I'm not the only one. My immune system is JUST kicking in now, so starting to feel more like a regular cold now.

I could kill whoever the coughing asshole was on the train that got me sick.

crispycarrot

HSC
Well at least I'm not the only one. My immune system is JUST kicking in now, so starting to feel more like a regular cold now.

I remember having a coughing seizure in front of a girl on a train some time ago...

How do you get sick? I haven't been sick since I last wore my hat backwards in year 7.

Last edited:

Drsoccerball

HSC
Cleaning my room emptied the scrap paper box at the beginning of this term and it was ovrloaded weighed at least 15kg

Flop21

HSC
I remember having a coughing seizure in front of a girl on a train some time ago...

How do you get sick? I haven't been sick since I last wore my hat backwards in year 7.
cover your darn mouth

Ekman

HSC
I was sick before my extension 2 maths exam. I usually enjoy doing maths questions, but when you are sick it is complete torture

Flop21

HSC
I was sick before my extension 2 maths exam. I usually enjoy doing maths questions, but when you are sick it is complete torture
Well at least all us getting sick now, and before, are probably not going to get sick again any time soon.

Gabriel Moussa

HSC
Well they apparently waited for them to do their trials, and marked their papers/majors first, so they were initially delayed by 1 week, so it approximately took them 2 weeks to mark our papers
can confirm

HSC
Well at least all us getting sick now, and before, are probably not going to get sick again any time soon.
Unless a new strain comes and then the memory B and T cells will be useless against that, meaning it makes no difference if you were sick before.

Fiction

HSC
It took the two teachers 4 weeks to mark approximately 45 peoples trials...
tbf, you do have more than one essay per paper for the trials :p
Isn't it like 6, including the reading task? 45* 6= 270 papers

porcupinetree

not actually a porcupine
HSC

This was literally me like 3 days ago. Best if you take a few days off for a break; it's better to try and recover quickly rather than push yourself, otherwise you'll end up taking like 1-2 weeks to fully recover

astroman

HSC
Is it still beneficial to do trial papers? I find trials harder than HSC papers and they have the same layout and content so should I practice doing them or just focus on HSC papers?

calamebe

HSC
Is it still beneficial to do trial papers? I find trials harder than HSC papers and they have the same layout and content so should I practice doing them or just focus on HSC papers?
If they have the same content as the HSC papers will, I see no problem with it. Unless the HSC papers have a totally different style of questions, I'd say go for it.

teridax

HSC
N/A
What broad ideas and concerns are you Hamlet peeps gonna prepare for the hsc? I have; delay (the titular protagonist's oscillation b/w inaction and action), existentialism (life vs death), psychological fluctuation (the tragic hero's madness), conflicting paradigms (morality - in terms of the binary opposition of humanism and Christian ideals), treatment of women (misogyny/female discourse) and corruption of false appearances in Denmark (upsetting of natural order discords nature of perception and truth).

What else could be included in my 6 prepared ideas and concerns?

Ekman

HSC
What broad ideas and concerns are you Hamlet peeps gonna prepare for the hsc? I have; delay (the titular protagonist's oscillation b/w inaction and action), existentialism (life vs death), psychological fluctuation (the tragic hero's madness), conflicting paradigms (morality - in terms of the binary opposition of humanism and Christian ideals), treatment of women (misogyny/female discourse) and corruption of false appearances in Denmark (upsetting of natural order discords nature of perception and truth).

I have exactly the same concepts, but I also have Filial duty, which ties into corruption and morality, so my extra paragraphs that I have, overlap in terms of concepts, so in my generic I have 3 main concepts (Existentialism, Appearance vs Reality and Corruption) + extra specific points for any other concept.

porcupinetree

not actually a porcupine
HSC

I've basically got 2 paragraphs in my essay, one of them examines Hamlet's vacillation before Act 5 whereas the other explores Hamlet afterwards. I haven't got whole paragraphs planned for each individual idea/theme, but I have a good idea of how I would adapt my pre-existing essay to a question asking about e.g. two key scenes, appearance vs reality, etc

teridax

HSC
N/A
I have exactly the same concepts, but I also have Filial duty, which ties into corruption and morality, so my extra paragraphs that I have, overlap in terms of concepts, so in my generic I have 3 main concepts (Existentialism, Appearance vs Reality and Corruption) + extra specific points for any other concept.
sounds good haha

I've basically got 2 paragraphs in my essay, one of them examines Hamlet's vacillation before Act 5 whereas the other explores Hamlet afterwards. I haven't got whole paragraphs planned for each individual idea/theme, but I have a good idea of how I would adapt my pre-existing essay to a question asking about e.g. two key scenes, appearance vs reality, etc
So is your pre-existing essay outlining a chronological argument? Fuck, I don't know how you don't have whole paragraphs planned for each individual idea/theme, because my writing is already shit lol.

Last edited:

Ekman

HSC
Well just out of curiosity, how would you adapt it to my school's mod b question for the trial. The question asked about how Shakespeare shapes meaning through characterisation, and we had to talk about Hamlet and another character of our choosing as a form of comparison. So wouldn't you need other points/paragraphs about other characters?

porcupinetree

not actually a porcupine
HSC
Well just out of curiosity, how would you adapt it to my school's mod b question for the trial. The question asked about how Shakespeare shapes meaning through characterisation, and we had to talk about Hamlet and another character of our choosing as a form of comparison. So wouldn't you need other points/paragraphs about other characters?
Yeah, my essay is basically just a very loose structure which I can change in order to adapt. e.g. for your school's question, for the first paragraph I would compare Hamlet's inaction before act 5 to Laertes ("the drop of blood that's calm proclaims me bastard") and then for the 2nd paragraph I'd talk about Hamlet's anagnorisis and his 'alignment' to the indomitable mindset of Laertes - this is represented as they "exchange forgiveness"

Ekman

HSC
Yeah, my essay is basically just a very loose structure which I can change in order to adapt. e.g. for your school's question, for the first paragraph I would compare Hamlet's inaction before act 5 to Laertes ("the drop of blood that's calm proclaims me bastard") and then for the 2nd paragraph I'd talk about Hamlet's anagnorisis and his 'alignment' to the indomitable mindset of Laertes - this is represented as they "exchange forgiveness"
Hmmm so you do have prepared analysis then for other characters besides hamlet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)