• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
just wanna ask

if my final rank was 15/59 at a 120 ranked school in english advanced, is there still a chance of getting a high b5 provided i smash the externals?

kinda shitting myself right now with my horrible rank lol
What was your mark for your trials and how did the top 14 people go?

teridax

HSC
N/A
What was your mark for your trials and how did the top 14 people go?
71/105 (fuck)

i think the top 14 went decently, like the mark gap between 13th and 19th was like two marks

average was 59.5/105

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
71/105 (fuck)

i think the top 14 went decently, like the mark gap between 13th and 19th was like two marks

average was 59.5/105
Do you know that the minimum mark for a band 5 in Advanced English is 66/67? If you work hard from now until the HSC then you will surely get that band 5.

FlameLash

HSC
Do you know that the minimum mark for a band 5 in Advanced English is 66/67? If you work hard from now until the HSC then you will surely get that band 5.
He knows he's getting a band 5 but he wants a high band 5.

drainbammage

HSC
If 2 people tie for first in a subject does that mean they both get the highest mark in their grade for their internal mark?

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
If 2 people tie for first in a subject does that mean they both get the highest mark in their grade for their internal mark?
You will each receive a moderated assessment mark that is equal to the average of the top two examination marks

Drsoccerball

HSC
No. The school always seperates ranks because 1 98 and 1 99 is better than one equal first 99. So since there is most likely always someone at least .000000000001 in front they get the first position.

Mr_Kap

HSC
No. The school always seperates ranks because 1 98 and 1 99 is better than one equal first 99. So since there is most likely always someone at least .000000000001 in front they get the first position.
But my brother came equal first in physics last year so obviously all schools don't separate.

Drsoccerball

HSC
But my brother came equal first in physics last year so obviously all schools don't separate.
They say equal first but one person is always in front and that person takes the position. Similar to me in maths last year i was coming first and 2 people were like .5 behind me and they sent our marks veryyyy close but i was still ranked first.

Mr_Kap

HSC
They say equal first but one person is always in front and that person takes the position. Similar to me in maths last year i was coming first and 2 people were like .5 behind me and they sent our marks veryyyy close but i was still ranked first.
No. When BOS puts up the thing to confirm ranks, I'm pretty sure both of them had physics rank as first.

D94

HSC
N/A
Schools submit whole marks, they don't submit ranks. If it so happens that two or more students are on the same whole mark then they will be given the same rank.

Drsoccerball

HSC
Schools submit whole marks, they don't submit ranks. If it so happens that two or more students are on the same whole mark then they will be given the same rank.
I asked my HSC coordinator who sends the mark and he said that no one ever gets sent with the same rank.

D94

HSC
N/A
I asked my HSC coordinator who sends the mark and he said that no one ever gets sent with the same rank.
Maybe at your school, but definitely not at all other schools. It's also a ridiculous statement to make, how would that work with more than 100 students doing a subject? Schools submit whole marks not ranks, how do you suppose that works with your school's logic?

drainbammage

HSC
I calculated it and i barely edged out the dude who came 2nd in Physics. But on the reports it said that me and him were tied and the 2 people that were after us were tied as well. So do the BoS determine your ranks with exact marks or just in 1 percent increments?

Drsoccerball

HSC
Maybe at your school, but definitely not at all other schools. It's also a ridiculous statement to make, how would that work with more than 100 students doing a subject? Schools submit whole marks not ranks, how do you suppose that works with your school's logic?
I think they separate the marks and still send them in their exact value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)