2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flop21

HSC
Are we suppose to talk about how the composers have caused discovery for US in anyway?

pnd1

HSC
Any one hear the English exams have been postponed ??! till novemeber???? ;P

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Are we suppose to talk about how the composers have caused discovery for US in anyway?
Depends on the question, but I doubt you'd need to talk about that.

That tends to be more mod c...

teridax

HSC
N/A
If the question referred to this chunk of the rubric: "Students consider the ways composers may invite them to experience discovery through their texts and explore how the process of discovering is represented using a variety of language modes, forms and features." - then yes, you do. Just talk about how the audience/responder/reader has been affected by the discoveries the composer espouses in their text.

Ekman

HSC
How much would we be penalised for spelling mistakes?

teridax

HSC
N/A
if it's only once or twice in your essay, the marker probably won't care

but if it's recurring, then probably yes

atargainz

HSC
You don't have to but I did that for my trials and the teacher absolutely loved it, said it showed depth and shit. So my go to ideas for discovery are now essentially how it affects the persona intrinsic to the text as well as the readers and broader society extrinsic to the text. It happens to work very well for my texts (Frank Hurley doco)

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
Spelling mistakes just leave a bad impression on the marker I think, and that can contribute to loss of mark(s). Also make sure to write in proper grammar and stuff, so write things like "could have" rather than "could of", etc. (This is English after all.)

Ekman

HSC
Also would I lose marks for using symbols like '&' in substitute for words like 'and'?

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
Also would I lose marks for using symbols like '&' in substitute for words like 'and'?
Also tends to create bad impression as it is informal. The writing should be formal so use "and" instead.

For HSC Sciences or other subjects it wouldn't matter much, but this is English, so best to have proper spelling and everything.

Flop21

HSC
Now this is something I've lost marks for before. For some reason my old teachers really shoved it in our heads to NOT use '&' so I'm assuming that they did that for a reason.

It's informal and probably wouldn't count as "appropriate language for audience" which is in the marking criterias.

Flop21

HSC
Good lluck with your exams! Dw tafe will always have your back if you ever perform badly. You should lodge an application soon though
You keep saying that, you might jinx yourself and you end up going to tafe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)