2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flop21

HSC
Was equal first in Business Studies, but i got 2nd, oh well it shouldn't affect me too bad.
Was 1st half yearly, but yearly 3rd :(

Oh well, I'm happy with my ranks. They didn't screw anything up.

Flop21

HSC
So how are these ranks calculated? Do teachers send in the assessment results + the weighting of each assessment then BOS calculates the rank?

diladial

gone ghost
HSC
the 'coop system undergoing maintenance' thing just keeps the suspense going lol... i wouldn't really mind with no interview offer but i just want to see what i got....

diladial

gone ghost
HSC
Isn't it just by the aggregate of your internal marks ?? according to weighing of each task, then ordered from highest to lowest

Flop21

HSC
the 'coop system undergoing maintenance' thing just keeps the suspense going lol... i wouldn't really mind with no interview offer but i just want to see what i got....
I think you get an email if you got one, and you don't get an email if you didn't get one. Last year they came out later in the day, like 5pm I think.

invisible036

HSC
What to do if the ranks on Student online didnt match with your report? My chemistry rank went down by one. The number of students in the cohort decreased as well.

Flop21

HSC
What to do if the ranks on Student online didnt match with your report? My chemistry rank went down by one. The number of students in the cohort decreased as well.
Check with your school first, they might be able to explain what happened. If not, then it tells you on the page what to do (appeal).

Flop21

HSC
really want co-op interview offer FUARK!!
Someone tell us if they get an interview (email).

EDIT: Holy shit, talk about getting your hopes up...

It's an email saying congrats for finishing the HSC...................

Last edited:

malcolm21

HSC
N/A
Someone probably didnt do your external so theyre not part of the cohort anymore

RecklessRick

HSC
N/A
Every 1st = 3 points, 2nd = 2 points, 3rd = 1 point and the person with the most points get it. But I know that one of my friends only came 2nd in one thing so she'll get it.
That sounds like a stupid system, what if one person does a bunch of subjects with poor quality candidatures coming first in all of them, and another does subjects with good quality candidates coming 2nd or 3rd?

Why not just base it off ATAR?

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
That sounds like a stupid system, what if one person does a bunch of subjects with poor quality candidatures coming first in all of them, and another does subjects with good quality candidates coming 2nd or 3rd?

Why not just base it off ATAR?
That is totally correct, but speaking from my experience during the past 5 years that rarely happens. The people coming first in 3+ subjects usually all have an acceptable amount of non-"easy"subjects.
Our school's presentation evening is always Dec 9-12th ish, always before Results/ATAR are released.

RecklessRick

HSC
N/A
That is totally correct, but speaking from my experience during the past 5 years that rarely happens. The people coming first in 3+ subjects usually all have an acceptable amount of non-"easy"subjects.
Our school's presentation evening is always Dec 9-12th ish, always before Results/ATAR are released.
Weird, our school just publishes dux after results come out

leehuan

HSC
At my school, we have this "Cardinal Freeman Award for Excellence - 1st Place" and similar awards for 2nd and 3rd. This uses a very poor system which I don't even want to know about.

But the "Dux of the College" is determined using ATAR instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)