2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

astroman

HSC
i did good, but i didn't know what concurrency was and same with netiquette , also i didn't write about the most correct development approach but will still get a possible mark. Everyone else did bad, so there is some hope, need rank 1 :p

Fiction

HSC
ello~
Just a quick bio question -
Does anyone know if renal dialysis involves haeodialysis and pertioneal dialysis - s'cuse my spelling :D

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
ello~
Just a quick bio question -
Does anyone know if renal dialysis involves haeodialysis and pertioneal dialysis - s'cuse my spelling :D
If I remember rightly (My bio memory is pretty awful) Peritoneal dialysis and Haemodialysis are the types of dialysis ( so are separate)

Fiction

HSC
If I remember rightly (My bio memory is pretty awful) Peritoneal dialysis and Haemodialysis are the types of dialysis ( so are separate)
Thanks :) Out of curiosity what's renal dialysis then? Because the dot point addresses renal dialysis but my textbook has peritoneal and haemo so I'm assuming renal = overarching term.

But I'm not sure? And being unprepared for half-yearlies I don't want to start looking at length documents to find out lewl //lazy

StudyToDeath

HSC
i did good, but i didn't know what concurrency was and same with netiquette , also i didn't write about the most correct development approach but will still get a possible mark. Everyone else did bad, so there is some hope, need rank 1 :p
Fingers Corssed!

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Thanks :) Out of curiosity what's renal dialysis then? Because the dot point addresses renal dialysis but my textbook has peritoneal and haemo so I'm assuming renal = overarching term.

But I'm not sure? And being unprepared for half-yearlies I don't want to start looking at length documents to find out lewl //lazy
Renal dialysis is an artificial process in which waste in the blood are removed (this is basically a very simple meaning). Don't worry about the meaning of this though, they'd probably ask you compare Renal Dialysis to the Kidney.

moonshoes

HSC
N/A
Renal dialysis is an artificial process in which waste in the blood are removed (this is basically a very simple meaning). Don't worry about the meaning of this though, they'd probably ask you compare Renal Dialysis to the Kidney.
Compare renal dialysis with the kidney:

Kidney
Continually removes waste from blood in a natural and rapid process. The kidney uses active and passive transport in filtration of blood and reabsorption of useful products such as glucose, amino acids and potassium ions. Filtration occurs in the mainly in the glomerulus and Bowman's Capsule and reabsorption occurs mainly in the Loop of Henle and Tubules. This is an internal process in which urination excretes the wastes from the kidney.

Renal dialysis is the removal of wastes from blood in an artificial and slow process in which the patient is hooked up to the dialysis machine. Renal dialysis relies on passive transport and filtration only through dialysis tubing. This process is usually external and only some (or no) urine is excreted.

Thanks for helping me revise ;)

Soulful

HSC Hipster
HSC
does anyone get really distracted during an exam? Today during a maths exam the only thing I could concentrate on was the whirring of the fan and people flipping their pages fml

Anthel

HSC
N/A
Dont worry, I berrive in yooou

you can dooooit

teridax

HSC
N/A
does anyone get really distracted during an exam? Today during a maths exam the only thing I could concentrate on was the whirring of the fan and people flipping their pages fml
tbh, normally what happens (for english in particular) in the exam is that people mutter swear words under their breath when they receive the essay question

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I have that issue unfortunately...

Drsoccerball

HSC
People click their pens, tap, make squeeqy noises with their shoes, blow their noses... I get the shits

Ekman

HSC
Im usually distracted by the quiet snickering of the supervising teachers, as well as their big smiles on their faces, when they make hard exams...

Ekman

HSC
People click their pens, tap, make squeeqy noises with their shoes, blow their noses... I get the shits
Lol its so true, problem is you cant do much when you have people who click their pens are sitting right behind you. It happens a lot in maths tests, especially in ext 2 tests...

HSC
Im usually distracted by the quiet snickering of the supervising teachers, as well as their big smiles on their faces, when they make hard exams...
some supervisors do that and their voices echo, so it's not even a whisper laugh
Lol its so true, problem is you cant do much when you have people who click their pens are sitting right behind you. It happens a lot in maths tests, especially in ext 2 tests...
sometimes in tests I hear people hyperventilate or idk crying? I just want to ask if they're ok. Also, when people sneeze, I'm so attempted to say bless you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)