2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

astroman

HSC
i haven't read it all but from the segments i read its pretty interesting, it's definitely very descriptive, especially the torture scenes.

HSC
So 1984 is just a story about what it was like in 1984? Is it hard to read btw? Planning to do some light reading

PhysicsMaths

HSC
I loved the quote "we shall meet in a place where there is no darkness,"
But behind the characters and the plot, the underlying message seems to be a critique of the totalitarian society that most were living in at the time. I think the book may have been influential to the audience as they may have begun to question their government, and the role that they play within society

HSC
But that also means that the markers have lower expectations so the bar is lowered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
don't worry, more resources for you next year. Notes, practice papers, sample essays

pretty much all the preceding AOS are interrelated lol

hsc markers be like

omg, you can discover a sense of belonging through a journey that catalyses change which broadens our understanding of self and the world

wow humanity is so flawed, wank wank wank
extremely true- discovering a sense of belonging, our identity or even a physical journey leading to a discovery :/

All we can do is try our best. I've been studying relatively consistently but I just keep doubting my abilities. Or maybe I'm just being realistic? Whatever it is being POSITIVE is key! I assume you all have two or three weeks until your first exam. It's time to give it all you have! Good luck :) so whats this studying method?
Good luck!
But memorising all the information for half yearlys is tiring
Idk the mysterious super study method, but I know some people use the '30:5 method', where there's a 5 minute break for every 30 minutes, breaks are very important
I think I use an hour/15 min break method with drink/ micro breaks
Bio half yearly on Thursday. I just wanna give up :(
ugh, bio. Good luck for tomorrow! As long as you answer the question the best you can and give the teacher no excuse but to give you marks

HSC
ugh, ikr :( my maths exam is in two weeks and two days, gg. and i need to get moving on memorising my notes for modern history, chemistry, biology and economics (fucking hell dis is gonna kill my brain)
what maths do you do?
so much content and I'm further condensing my notes and adding memorable triggers
I don't even know if all of these will retain in my brain

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
I have a confession, (not really a confession but I didn't specify what I mean't in my previous post), the test I got 95% wasn't a half-yearly exam, it was a topic test on Maintaining a Balance, I think everyone thought that I got that mark for my half-yearly exam. Not sure whether to be happy or to be sad...

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
I have a confession, (not really a confession but I didn't specify what I mean't in my previous post), the test I got 95% wasn't a half-yearly exam, it was a topic test on Maintaining a Balance, I think everyone thought that I got that mark for my half-yearly exam. Not sure whether to be happy or to be sad...
It still is a good mark, you should be happy about it

HSC
Be happy because that proves you know your content. Topic tests are good practising to know where you're at

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Aye head up man

That's still a killer mark for a topic test!

Your next challenge though will be to replicate or even exceed those results in the half yearly exam :)

Good luck, I have faith in you ~

flyingmwa

HSC
don't worry, more resources for you next year. Notes, practice papers, sample essays

extremely true- discovering a sense of belonging, our identity or even a physical journey leading to a discovery :/

Good luck!
But memorising all the information for half yearlys is tiring
Idk the mysterious super study method, but I know some people use the '30:5 method', where there's a 5 minute break for every 30 minutes, breaks are very important
I think I use an hour/15 min break method with drink/ micro breaks

ugh, bio. Good luck for tomorrow! As long as you answer the question the best you can and give the teacher no excuse but to give you marks
Thanks! Ofc gotta answer that question or just write everything I can think of relatig to the dot point if I muck up.

flyingmwa

HSC
Still good on you mate! Just shows how hard you have been working. It shouldn't really matter whether its a topic test or an assessment you should still put the same amount if effort and you did so be proud of yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)