2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris_S

HSC
All of them are fairly good except module A - speeches I hate them so much! They are long and fairly boring as well lol

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
All of them are fairly good except module A - speeches I hate them so much! They are long and fairly boring as well lol
Ugh, don't mention Margaret Atwood...

We seem to be doing the same prescribed texts, let me guess, you done The Tempest as your AoS?

Chris_S

HSC
Yeah I am not a fan of Spotty Handed Villainesses and Sadat's speech. Sadat's speech goes for so long and took me ages to annotate with my class! Least Deane's and Keating's were fairly short

Chris_S

HSC
Favourite though was probably Pearson's as I had the best sources for it along with Deane's and Keating's. Altogether, I would've preferred to do none of them lol

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Favourite though was probably Pearson's as I had the best sources for it along with Deane's and Keating's. Altogether, I would've preferred to do none of them lol
Well I done Keating and Sadat for my speeches as I had the most resources for them, however if I was to choose the most interesting speeches, it has to be Geraldine and Lessing, they were way less boring than the rest of the speeches. I can't wait to start watching Wag the dog, watched a trailer of it and it seems pretty interesting.

Chris_S

HSC
Yeah it is you will enjoy it! De Niro and Hoffman play the roles really well as well

pomsky

HSC
How do you related text this?
It really depends on what aspect of discovery you wanna focus on. I originally started with 3 related (kudos to teacher) but two of them were piss-poor and focused on physical discoveries while I wanted to compare emotional/ psychological discoveries with my core (because that was how I was tuaght, and there really isn't much going on in the Tempest)

Thunderstorm

HSC
Will read into this first thing tomorrow, thank you!

Had a good look at a few options in your related texts thread and while there's some gold, I had trouble finding something tailored for The Tempest so hopefully I'll find some inspiration here haha

It really depends on what aspect of discovery you wanna focus on. I originally started with 3 related (kudos to teacher) but two of them were piss-poor and focused on physical discoveries while I wanted to compare emotional/ psychological discoveries with my core (because that was how I was tuaght, and there really isn't much going on in the Tempest)
Very similar situation with me dude, kinda just gone back to key scenes and overriding ideas rather than a rubric focus and trying to adapt the other way, so collecting better texts

Last edited:

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Will read into this first thing tomorrow, thank you!

Had a good look at a few options in your related texts thread and while there's some gold, I had trouble finding something tailored for The Tempest so hopefully I'll find some inspiration here haha

Very similar situation with me dude, kinda just gone back to key scenes and overriding ideas rather than a rubric focus and trying to adapt the other way, so collecting better texts
Good luck with finding a related text..

fraserlawr

HSC
3,060 posts. Impressive. Nice signature by the way :p
How's motorcycle diaries going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)