2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSC
When's the deadline for EAS?
What category would house damage be under. Got destroyed a bit by floods and insurance has got us living in hotels and such (moving every 4 weeks, SO ANNOYING).
I couldn't find this under any category on EAS.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
What category would house damage be under. Got destroyed a bit by floods and insurance has got us living in hotels and such (moving every 4 weeks, SO ANNOYING).
I couldn't find this under any category on EAS.
I'm sorry that's been happening to you, but I don't think you can put that as a disadvantage because there isn't anything you can put it under.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
This might seem like a really stupid question but how do I know if I'm receiving youth allowance? I have my own centrelink reference number and I heard that if I have one that means I'm receiving youth allowance, is that true?

HSC
I'm sorry that's been happening to you, but I don't think you can put that as a disadvantage because there isn't anything you can put it under.
Yeh that's what i thought.
But i've heard someone get bonus points through EAS because there house burnt down.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Yeh that's what i thought.
But i've heard someone get bonus points through EAS because there house burnt down.
Under what category would that disadvantage go under though? You might need to speak to your year/career advisor.

Thunderstorm

HSC
The initial 'deadline' is 30th of september. After that you have to pay to change your preferences, and I think the fees are like over $100 wtf.
Legitness? I was under the impression you could go in and change them anytime free of charge once you put it in...

Flop21

HSC
Legitness? I was under the impression you could go in and change them anytime free of charge once you put it in...
Before the 30th yeah. But still you have to pay $30 or something to actually submit your preferences. Actually I'm not sure if you have to pay that fee again if you want to change before the 30th.

But yes, after that deadline you have to pay. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but yeah pretty sure (what teachers have told me).

Flop21

HSC
This might seem like a really stupid question but how do I know if I'm receiving youth allowance? I have my own centrelink reference number and I heard that if I have one that means I'm receiving youth allowance, is that true?
You have to actually apply for it.

I'm not exactly sure what a reference number is as I haven't applied myself yet. But I did go in and the lady gave me some numbers to use when applying (I suppose my reference number??).

BlueGas

HSC
N/A

I'm not exactly sure what a reference number is as I haven't applied myself yet. But I did go in and the lady gave me some numbers to use when applying (I suppose my reference number??).
I didn't even apply for youth allowance, but my career advisor told me that if you have a Centrelink reference number then you have youth allowance.

Flop21

HSC
I didn't even apply for youth allowance, but my career advisor told me that if you have a Centrelink reference number then you have youth allowance.
At centrelink I was told I had to go home, use the numbers they gave me - including a customer reference number, log onto mygov and apply or set something up.

I can't imagine they just give out money to any kid. They have to see if your eligible etc.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad

Yep.

That's just a reference number for online applications, you still need to do the form online

They ask everyone if they want to get a online account

lastofus

HSC
Great day at both UTS and USyd today! Btw, has anyone been to one of those 'HSC in the Holidays' Workshops (perhaps for the Trials etc.)? I'm looking into it but I noticed the prices are pretty expensive. So I was just wondering, are they worth it?

happyhunter

HSC
UTS's IT building was AWESOME though.

Did anyone see the super lab in the science building? That was really cool as well.
Yes! I went to the IT lecture and it really makes me consider going to UTS.

Flop21

HSC
Yes! I went to the IT lecture and it really makes me consider going to UTS.
Yeah, only thing their actual degrees are not what I'd like them to be. Don't really want an 'IT' degree. And their ICT engineering degree is the only one that has 'software engineering' as a sub major or whatever. But that still forces you to do a tonne of stuff that I don't think I'd want or need. E.g. just want a degree focusing on software engineering / computer science.

Flop21

HSC
Do you think it's possible to all those getting 94+ in trials to get 100 raw in the HSC?

porcupinetree

not actually a porcupine
HSC
That feel when you're inspired to do heaps of study, but feel too unwell to fully concentrate on any school work. I guess I should just try and rest for the rest of the day and see how I feel tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)