2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flop21

HSC
Just look at the answers to get an idea on how to answer questions and what to write, how much etc.
Do you mean answers to past belonging papers, or do you have answers to discovery papers?? I have discovery papers but they don't come with answers. If the latter, can you send them or link them pls?? Thanks!

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
as in, how can i improve from 9/15 to 15/15 by mon lol

coz i know u said know techniques and the rubric well but i might be doing something wrong :/
Wait wat

You've been getting 9 / 15? or is this a hypothetical scenario?

I improved from 10 to the A range by knowing the discovery aspects from the rubric (and integrating them into some of the SA responses), knowing my visual and literary techniques and by actually annotating and highlighting as I go along - This will help a lot especially when flipping forwards and backwards when looking for a quote, etc.

Flop21

HSC
Yep. Know the discovery rubric + a wide range of techniques (don't go crazy, the techniques don't necessarily need to be crazy complex), then apply both of these to directly answer the question in the normal english paragraph structure.

teridax

HSC
N/A
Wait wat

I improved from 10 to the A range by knowing the discovery aspects from the rubric (and integrating them into some of the SA responses), knowing my visual and literary techniques and by actually annotating and highlighting as I go along - This will help a lot especially when flipping forwards and backwards when looking for a quote, etc.
being legit af bruh

yeh, ok. so then, in terms of writing style, do you need to be mechanical and straightforward in your language use for explaining your analysis in S1 (like, no long ass words)

HecticSandWitch

2007 fuccboi hustler king
HSC
Wait wat

Same. Just make sure every sentence addresses the question or rubric. Force the marker into giving you nothing but full marks for that question.

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
being legit af bruh

yeh, ok. so then, in terms of writing style, do you need to be mechanical and straightforward in your language use for explaining your analysis in S1 (like, no long ass words)
It's up to you tbh - Use flowery language where you can. I found that a lot of the fancy worded stuff I've mentioned in my essay can relate to the SA question being asked so I'll chuck it in here and there

teridax

HSC
N/A
Same. Just make sure every sentence addresses the question or rubric. Force the marker into giving you nothing but full marks for that question.
Do you mean by using the key words of the question integrated throughout as you explain?

HecticSandWitch

HSC
Do you mean by using the key words of the question integrated throughout as you explain?
Ofc. So if it asks: How does the text highlight how discoveries can be transformative you say.

The use of narrative shifting illustrates a transformation in not only the way the character understands himself, but the world around him.

That's my go to sentence structure. Technique, link to question and rubric reference. S/A was literally the only section I didn't absolutely butcher for trials (got 15) so hopefully it works in the HSC>

teridax

HSC
N/A
Ofc. So if it asks: How does the text highlight how discoveries can be transformative you say.

The use of narrative shifting illustrates a transformation in not only the way the character understands himself, but the world around him.

That's my go to sentence structure. Technique, link to question and rubric reference. S/A was literally the only section I didn't absolutely butcher for trials (got 15) so hopefully it works in the HSC>
and when u did the 3 markers, did u do a topic sentence for each or just dived into analysis

and what about the 5-6 marker - how does one ace dat shit?

HecticSandWitch

HSC
and when u did the 3 markers, did u do a topic sentence for each or just dived into analysis

and what about the 5-6 marker - how does one ace dat shit?
3 marker: Topic sentence that answers how. For example, from the previous question i'd go.

Through the use of narrative shifts and metaphor, the composer illustrates how the most significant discoveries are those which lead to transformatrions within ourself.

5-6 marker: Treat that shit like a mini essay. Intro, body para for each texts and conclusion. The key here is to absolutely make sure that every sentence is in someway linked to the question, so one doesn't waste words!

itzmeeks

HSC
Fuck that means they are going to be long non-fiction extracts or articles, unlikely to have an image. :(
They're likely to have something like a book review with an image, and they would ask you how the image and text work together to convey an aspect of discovery.

HecticSandWitch

HSC
They're likely to have something like a book review with an image, and they would ask you how the image and text work together to convey an aspect of discovery.
^ That's the trend I'm seeing too as I flick through a couple trials.

Flop21

HSC
^ That's the trend I'm seeing too as I flick through a couple trials.
But why would trials be any indication of what the actual HSC is going to be?

Creators of HSC exams are not allowed to teach that subject for the year + have to keep their mouths shut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)