2016 hsc (1 Viewer)

Pius

HSC
Hey guys, I've currently started year 12 and I was just wondering what resources or websites were quite beneficial for you in your HSC studies. Many have recommended HSC in the Holidays and HSChub.

Good luck in your final HSC exams!

photastic

HSC
Hey guys, I've currently started year 12 and I was just wondering what resources or websites were quite beneficial for you in your HSC studies. Many have recommended HSC in the Holidays and HSChub.

What subjects?

HecticSandWitch

2007 fuccboi hustler king
HSC
HSC Hub-Pretty sick, helped with eco, no clue about other subjects.

HSC in the holidays: Would have got more out of it if I spent the 8 hours studying on my own, I'd avoid it if I'm honst.

leehuan

HSC
When I tried to do English, except for before exam blocks...

-Sparknotes
-Shmoop
-Sources with info on texts

Also, HSChub is always beneficial.

JavaScript

HSC

YouTube.com
Search Eddie woo.
And thank me later.

coolyogesh1987

HSC
I went to HSC in the Holidays for four subjects and I can honestly say that these were the best! Each day was run in a small group with Senior HSC markers who showed me exactly what they are looking for in each exam. All the content was covered and we had help with questions all day. For the 3 exams that I have already done, some of the questions asked were almost exactly the same as what we practised!

Definitely recommend. I don't know about HSCHub

Pius

HSC
I'm torn between a yearly subscription for HSC Hub and Edflix. Which one do you think is more helpful or should I purchase a subscription for both?

HecticSandWitch

HSC
Boy do these read a hell of a lot like spam. That being said, I am legit mirin that list of tutors so hard, whoever runs edflix must be paying an arm and a leg for all those gps and ahigs multi state rankers.
How much do you reckon you can charge as a State Ranker anyway? Are people willing to pay that much more for a premium?

HecticSandWitch

HSC
On their website it says you have premium access to all the tutors for $15 p/w . I don't know, is that expensive??
I mean I wonder how much the tutors get paid!

And holy shit turns out I know that Aki Flame guy from some courses we did together as little kids, and I remember him only because he was the first name on my email list for a long long time. What a boss as well, 99.85, lad.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Eurgh...Aren't you on a site that would help you with all, if not, most of your subjects, like right now? Lots of past students here who can help, notes of free notes and resources on in the selling section as well.

RecklessRick

HSC
N/A
How much do you reckon you can charge as a State Ranker anyway? Are people willing to pay that much more for a premium?
idk, a couple of these guys are actually friends of friends so I'll see if I can find out. But if you state ranked multiple subjects and went to view or newington or ascham like some of those kids you don't imagine you'd work for less than $40 an hour.

Also legit what's up with all these spam accounts?

HecticSandWitch

HSC
idk, a couple of these guys are actually friends of friends so I'll see if I can find out. But if you state ranked multiple subjects and went to view or newington or ascham like some of those kids you don't imagine you'd work for less than $40 an hour.

Also legit what's up with all these spam accounts?
Wow that's an interesting thought, I never knew that school played such a big influence in tutoring? Makes sense in retrospect though, I can see a North Shore Parent paying more for someone educated in the private education system because that's the system they're familiar with.

RecklessRick

HSC
N/A
Wow that's an interesting thought, I never knew that school played such a big influence in tutoring? Makes sense in retrospect though, I can see a North Shore Parent paying more for someone educated in the private education system because that's the system they're familiar with.
I hadn't even thought of that, but I guess that does make sense. I was thinking of it more from the perspective of a) schools like that tend to allow old boys/girls to advertise as private tutors internally and b) if you went to one of those schools you probably don't need the extra money as much as say someone from a comprehensive.

HecticSandWitch

HSC
I hadn't even thought of that, but I guess that does make sense. I was thinking of it more from the perspective of a) schools like that tend to allow old boys/girls to advertise as private tutors internally and b) if you went to one of those schools you probably don't need the extra money as much as say someone from a comprehensive.
Ahhhh that does make a lot of sense as well, although my selective school lets us put up flyers if we're doing 1 on 1 tutoring (I say that, what I really mean is they don't pull them down).

Pius

HSC
I visited the EdFlix Facebook page and the majority of the reviews were written by its tutors...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)