• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2016ers Chit-Chat Thread (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

leehuan

HSC
thanks brah, but what do you mean by always write over the lines? As in don't write extra in the margins?

I've tried to train myself to only answer the question explicitly and dont add extra, but for tomorrow, do you guys reckon its worth just vomiting everything for the sake of getting marks?
In the HSC you get extra writing space. I always filled up that writing space.

StudiousStudent

HSC
When your bio half yearly is at 9am and everyone around you is revising... posting on BoS is the logical thing to do with that crucial spare time.

My nerves,
Though.

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
I was going to give you tips but..seems like Nailgun has everything under control here...

Also fyi I didn't really at half yearly point but for the trials and real things I tended to answer way more than whatever space they gave me. Overanswering doesn't lose marks unless it's extraneous and/or it creates a contradiction
Teachers always say in my school - for Phys mainly, always write in the spaces provided and like places emphasis to not go over. I don't do Phys but I have friends who do it.

StudiousStudent

HSC
Jesus Christ that bio test was hard. Most of the questions were based off content we haven't even covered in class yet. I read ahead in the syllabus but not THAT far ahead.

Thankfully the vast majority of students felt the same. There was literally a few people that left mid test.

I'll get between 49-51% for sure, and I'll have to wait two weeks to find out just how poorly I performed :(

Thank god I've done well in all of the prior tests/assessments.

leehuan

HSC
Teachers always say in my school - for Phys mainly, always write in the spaces provided and like places emphasis to not go over. I don't do Phys but I have friends who do it.
If you CAN then sure why not. Full marks for a concise response is the best.

But I don't care. I will do anything to answer the question to the best of my ability, so whilst it didn't matter too much for half yearlys and stuff for the real thing I always went over

leehuan

HSC
Jesus Christ that bio test was hard. Most of the questions were based off content we haven't even covered in class yet. I read ahead in the syllabus but not THAT far ahead.

Thankfully the vast majority of students felt the same. There was literally a few people that left mid test.

I'll get between 49-51% for sure, and I'll have to wait two weeks to find out just how poorly I performed :(

Just get a good rank

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
imo thats bs
always write how much you think will get you full marks, and then maybe some

i dont really see any advantage to writing less as long as you are still concise
maybe it would help with time, but science exams are never really time pressure

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC

Thats a very precise margin lol

StudiousStudent

HSC
Thats a very precise margin lol
Precisely so :tongue:

I knew *around* half the content for sure.

A quarter I had a vague idea about but I couldn't be certain.

I left the questions we hadn't covered in class intending to come back to them, but time got away and as the teacher was saying 'pens down' I circled random ones, thinking if I guess 10 questions, I'm bound get some right, lol.

I go into too much detail for the questions I do know though, which is why time management is a problem for me.

leehuan

HSC
Wait, on second thought not sure if doing it is a good idea whilst you have half yearlys on ok I take that back for now....

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
imo thats bs
always write how much you think will get you full marks, and then maybe some

i dont really see any advantage to writing less as long as you are still concise
maybe it would help with time, but science exams are never really time pressure
I think its just preparing you to write more concise answers. As I've heard, HSC markers don't really give a fuck - if a response is too long or too much waffle they won't hesitate to take 1 or 2 marks off of it. I mean, from what teachers have said - staring at a screen for 8 hours looking through responses isn't very appealing, and they get paid per hour too.

leehuan

HSC
I think its just preparing you to write more concise answers. As I've heard, HSC markers don't really give a fuck - if a response is too long or too much waffle they won't hesitate to take 1 or 2 marks off of it. I mean, from what teachers have said - staring at a screen for 8 hours looking through responses isn't very appealing, and they get paid per hour too.
Except for the fact you don't actually do science and don't realise how black and white your answers really have to be. If it's wrong it's wrong.

UnbiasedProductivity

The lurker.
HSC
Opinions on drawing up a table for compare/advantages/disadvantages type questions? Most teachers are against it, saying that it looks bad, and some say you'll get the marks as long as you have the info in the table. Personally I prefer to write paragraphs, table seems dodgy.

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
Except for the fact you don't actually do science and don't realise how black and white your answers really have to be. If it's wrong it's wrong.
wow you really are ignorant - I've had my year 10 science teacher give a talk about science before our subject selection. Had friends who have graduated do it. And friends who are doing it right now.

So firstly, I don't even know what the fuck you're doing constantly talking in a 2016ers chat, bringing your "Mr I'm so perfect" attitude around here. I mean, I've overseen this thread quite a bit and I frankly do not see your purpose here, unless it's always trying to be better than the person next to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)