• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2016ers Chit-Chat Thread (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
What mark? Congrats though
Yayyyy congrats! :)
Thank you! More importantly, how did you two go? I hope you both get your ATAR goals tomorrow, aah!

Lol, inbox me questions if you want anytime :p

Nice work! But like the above two posts, what was the unrounded mark?
WOOOO! I GOT PHYSICS HELP, I'M COMING OVER TO YOUR HOUSE NOW!!!
I'm curious though Leehuan, how is a Band 6 achieved in Physics? I want to aim for a high Band 5 *^ *;;
But my usual marks are usually in the 75% area...and thats a mediocore rank because of all the Engineer-wannabes

Like the HSC mark? 92 HSC mark LOL.
I'm not very proud of it tbh. But I wasn't expecting a 95 after I lost a good chunk in my internals and wasn't confident in my HSC exam Business Report.
I don't think my parents are proud either...BUT HEY, BAND 6!

Last edited:

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
Thank you! More importantly, how did you two go? I hope you both get your ATAR goals tomorrow, aah!

I'm curious though Leehuan, how is a Band 6 achieved in Physics? I want to aim for a high Band 5 *^ *;;
But my usual marks are usually in the 75% area...and thats a mediocore rank because of all the Engineer-wannabes

I'm not very proud of it tbh. But I wasn't expecting a 95 after I lost a good chunk in my internals and wasn't confident in my HSC exam Business Report.
Haha now you've got me embarrassed! But really, congrats on that mark.

And I did fine. Didn't excite myself or anything, but it could've been worse. I just dun goofed a section of Modern so I got one B4 but whatevs lol I will survive :)

leehuan

HSC

Hmm closer towards the half yearlys I'll give you some tips to building band 5 responses (it's a bit too early to jump to the deep end for most students). But 1 month before your trials you can ask me for the advice in getting a band 6 :D

It's not easy to get a band 6, your answers have to be so detailed and cover absolutely everything... but a band 5 is doable just with adequate skill :)

92 is great :p that's my chemistry mark!

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Haha now you've got me embarrassed! But really, congrats on that mark.

And I did fine. Didn't excite myself or anything, but it could've been worse. I just dun goofed a section of Modern so I got one B4 but whatevs lol I will survive :)
Thats good that you did fine! I'm so happy for you :D

Sorry, excuse my comment on not being that proud - just that it was my only subject, and I expected more. Its a bit insensitive on my part. I told my parents it was a Band 6...but them being typical Asian, they think a subject with bad scaling is yeah...So I'm a bit sad on their comments

Hmm closer towards the half yearlys I'll give you some tips to building band 5 responses (it's a bit too early to jump to the deep end for most students). But 1 month before your trials you can ask me for the advice in getting a band 6 :D

It's not easy to get a band 6, your answers have to be so detailed and cover absolutely everything... but a band 5 is doable just with adequate skill :)

92 is great :p that's my chemistry mark!
Woo! Yeah, Band 6 in Physics is like a very unrealistic dream for me, so I'm working towards a higher Band 5 for now :D

Wow, looking at your Chemistry, Physics and MX2, you're crazy, please.

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC

Sorry, excuse my comment on not being that proud - just that it was my only subject, and I expected more. Its a bit insensitive on my part. I told my parents it was a Band 6...but them being typical Asian, they think a subject with bad scaling is yeah...So I'm a bit sad on their comments

Woo! Yeah, Band 6 in Physics is like a very unrealistic dream for me, so I'm working towards a higher Band 5 for now :D

Haha it's okay :) I don't really find it insensitive considering we have completely different schools/backgrounds therefore different expectations

Meanwhile @ mcchicken's: message dad with my pleb marks -> "omg wow well done you're so smart wow did you come first wow what do you want for christmas wow let's go out for dinner" ahahahaha joys of white parents

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Haha it's okay :) I don't really find it insensitive considering we have completely different schools/backgrounds therefore different expectations

Meanwhile @ mcchicken's: message dad with my pleb marks -> "omg wow well done you're so smart wow did you come first wow what do you want for christmas wow let's go out for dinner" ahahahaha joys of white parents
I think thats the best thing though, just your parents loving you and celebrating. It doesn't even matter if what you call "pleb marks" is what makes your parents happy. I just wanted to them to be proud tbh > A< Tbh, I was super happy when I woke up and saw that 6. But it was my parent's discussion of Business being low scaling and all that really brought down that feeling.

BUT ANYHOO.

Likewise, what are you looking to do (university and course wise)?! I'm interested!

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
I think thats the best thing though, just your parents loving you and celebrating. It doesn't even matter if what you call "pleb marks" is what makes your parents happy. I just wanted to them to be proud tbh > A<

Likewise, what are you looking to do (university and course wise)?! I'm interested!

I want to be an english/history teacher and I want to go to WSU bc ceebs for those hour train rides to the city erry day lol no for me

I got early entry into B Arts @ WSU the other day :) already enrolled and everything, then I'll do M Teaching post grad

Hbu? I see your sig but what your goals career-wise?

leehuan

HSC

Message me whenever dw :)

I am not crazy! Well, not that crazy at least

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC

I want to be an english/history teacher and I want to go to WSU bc ceebs for those hour train rides to the city erry day lol no for me

I got early entry into B Arts @ WSU the other day :) already enrolled and everything, then I'll do M Teaching post grad

Hbu? I see your sig but what your goals career-wise?
Oh wow, early entry?! How did you get that OAO!!! Congratulations!
Nawww, an English teacher, the hardest occupation in teaching when 90% of students resent it LOL!

Oh! Well. As of now, I don't really know, but my parents would like me to do something in Finance (And out of the main components of Business...Finance is pretty much my favourite so it works out fine)

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
Nawww, an English teacher, the hardest occupation in teaching when 90% of students resent it LOL!

Oh! Well. As of now, I don't really know, but my parents would like me to do something in Finance (And out of the main components of Business...Finance is pretty much my favourite so it works out fine)
Thank you :)
I think it was just based on SRS? bc I was naughty and didn't even submit my EAS application lol turns out I didn't need to
But a fair few people got early entry at WSU from what I hear lol just maybe not the type to visit an HSC forum ;) if you know what I mean

Oh okay. Well the great thing about studying studying business/eco is that there's a pretty wide range of jobs you could attain - comparatively speaking

turntaker

HSC

Why is your career goal defined by your parents?

turntaker

HSC
And they definitely don't 'pay for your uni', you pay for it over the course of your working life.
yes, so parents don't really have anything with paying your fees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)