2016ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
I'm probs gonna be there this year so idk why you wouldn't go
aww bby

naw i meant that older past papers for 2U, I've been saving them up until I'd done a lot of other trials. I feel comfortable doing hard trials (syd boys, grammar) and getting 97+, so I figured I might try

actually, can you (or anyone) help me with the meissner effect. the way I understood it with eddy currents is apparently wrong :O

ml125

HSC
You actually made it home without being kidnapped?
Ended up going home at like 10, didn't die so :')))))
Would've actually stayed there longer but kinda felt bad since the staff were packing up and there were like 2 other customers there - one of which was another yr 12 prepping for trials kek she was there longer than I was

-----

Feeling so underprepared/10 still need to memorise all my quotes smh

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
i looked at crobat's guide and he said to use teel at least 3x each body paragraph

i need to write 3, and I'm already around 200 words for one instance of teel fml

i have like 3 techniques & quotes tho

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
aww bby

naw i meant that older past papers for 2U, I've been saving them up until I'd done a lot of other trials. I feel comfortable doing hard trials (syd boys, grammar) and getting 97+, so I figured I might try

actually, can you (or anyone) help me with the meissner effect. the way I understood it with eddy currents is apparently wrong :O
Superconductors have a permeability of very close to zero. This means that superconductors exclude all magnetic fields within the superconductor itself.

However, on the surface, the permeability is not necessarily zero. The permeability decays exponentially as you get deeper and deeper from the surface (research London penetration depth).

So surface currents directly on the superconductor's surface (or very close to it, typically no more than 500 nm) are induced. These surface currents repel the external magnetic field.

Hence, no current is actually induced within the superconductor itself and hence you can't state that eddy currents are induced throughout the superconductor. The currents are only on the surface and NOT throughout the superconductor.

Next time, make a thread. I only just saw this by luck. You and others will benefit much more by making a thread on it and waiting for a reply.

jchammer98

HSC
Ended up going home at like 10, didn't die so :')))))
Would've actually stayed there longer but kinda felt bad since the staff were packing up and there were like 2 other customers there - one of which was another yr 12 prepping for trials kek she was there longer than I was

-----

Feeling so underprepared/10 still need to memorise all my quotes smh
You are way better off than me. I literally woke up at 4.30 am this morning and am FINDING quotes and themes for my set text and ORT for the section 3 essay of paper 1 which is on the same day. That is the definition of unprepared. So screwed.

leehuan

HSC
Superconductors have a permeability of very close to zero. This means that superconductors exclude all magnetic fields within the superconductor itself.

However, on the surface, the permeability is not necessarily zero. The permeability decays exponentially as you get deeper and deeper from the surface (research London penetration depth).

So surface currents directly on the superconductor's surface (or very close to it, typically no more than 500 nm) are induced. These surface currents repel the external magnetic field.

Hence, no current is actually induced within the superconductor itself and hence you can't state that eddy currents are induced throughout the superconductor. The currents are only on the surface and NOT throughout the superconductor.

Next time, make a thread. I only just saw this by luck. You and others will benefit much more by making a thread on it and waiting for a reply.
Though it was recent, all I learnt was that the superconductor had the ability to exclude external magnetic fields. We deduced that there wasn't such things as eddy currents going on at all?

Or does your statement still maintain the validity of exclusion of magnetic fields.

porcupinetree

not actually a porcupine
HSC
aww bby

Just read past HSC paper solutions and memorise the explanation that the Board of Studies wants you to memorise

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
fucK trials

i remember watching this vid where this one girl could remember every little thing from her life - id legit give $15.40 to be her for the rest of my HSC ;(

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
fucK trials

i remember watching this vid where this one girl could remember every little thing from her life - id legit give $15.40 to be her for the rest of my HSC ;(
amen brudah

comprehension was bullshit, not sure if you guys got the same poem about the disciplined guy in a box

mrstripedshades

HSC
Yea. I disliked the short story more tbh.

I wasted so much time in comprehension smh. I did like a page each for the 2 markers... And for the 5 marker ran out of time and did most of the analysis on one of them and only like 2-3 sentences for the 2nd.

I did 6-7 for the essay though which is a lot for me. And somehow did my creative in 5 pages and in 30ish minutes.

I feel like I choked. Hope I don't tomorrow

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
i did my essay first, used like at least 10 mins extra for it
fucked up and wrote anything for the comprehension, wrote a half page for each 2 markers and 1 page each for 3 markers. wrote random stuff on the graphical image and neil gaiman extract
did my creative in 10 mins 3 pages, i made the same mistake of not being able to adapt my creative so i just used someones idea

jchammer98

HSC
Yeh I got that poem. TBH I found that test better than I expected, especially the essay question. But I only had 20 mins for creative and forgot 2 of my quotes for the essay. Hopefully tomorrow works out better.

Ellztrap

HSC
Uni Grad
I am reading all these posts by you guys about messing up and writing like more than three pages, and I am just like wot

I did terra bad haha kms

Legit didn't feel too bad after exams then I came on here and it's like rip omfg

LC14199

HSC
amen brudah

comprehension was bullshit, not sure if you guys got the same poem about the disciplined guy in a box
You got the CSSA paper too... The poem was painful lol. Everything else was ok though. I totally just winged my creative writing story, even though I really know I shouldn't have. But our exam was weighting like 5% (Paper 1), and Paper 2 has 15%. So I really thought screw it, idc about Paper 1, I'll just focus on Paper 2.

mrstripedshades

HSC
that was a good image tho u gotta admit lmao

also whats the generally advised strategy for paper 2 ? which ones should you do first? (Ones ur weaker at or stronger?) if it helps my Mod. A is Wit and Donne, Mod. B Speeches, Mod. C Brave new world

LC14199

HSC
The image was pretty good lol. I talked about how discovering flowers growing on the moon would be a massive scientific revelation (If we hypothetically did find flowers there), but also talked about how the Universe is filled with things we don't yet know, and we're constantly making discoveries.

Regarding Paper 2, tbh if you're really strong in one particular essay, then man smash dat shiz out. Leave yourself some time for another essay that you may not be as confident in, which might give you a few extra minutes to remember something important if you need to. Also, take vitamins in the morning xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)