2017 Mathematics Extension 1 HSC Exam Thoughts (1 Viewer)

NinjaDatHSC

HSC
N/A
Raw e4 should be around 83% the more I think about it the more retarded that exam was. Maths is legit,the only exam testing intelligence in the hsc these days otherwise most subjects (not all) a dumbass could just rote learn the syllabus and get a band 6 but now the exams are just super long and less and less using your brain. I don't understand why the news makes it sound like a hard maths exam it's a terrible crime. Exams aren't meant to be completely undoable but now we're just at the other end of the spectrum lol

uwannagom8

HSC
honestly this was REALLY easy?? i thought i was going to bomb this test after doing past papers but i was surprised when i could do everything? actually not really i made silly mistakes :(

aycaramba

HSC
N/A
Yeah for a person who only did last year's paper as practice, this was easy AF except i got the last mc wrong because i am totally and utterly hopeless at perms and comb. But all my answers were pretty much the same as Ngo and Son's. Hoping for a 98! :) the only subject that will drag up my atar HAHA god bless

jjHasm

HSC
60-61/70 aligning? i was thinking 94-95? idk was much easier than previous years, hope aligning isn't that bad

egal

HSC
what would 63-65/70 align to?

not sure if i would lose marks in 14 c iii for not doing 2nd derivative and showing it was a maximum and for question 12 b i for not putting in the x=5 intercept of one of the absolute value graphs. They didn't have it in the solutions but I'm wondering if because it was such an easy paper I would get marked down for that.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
what would 63-65/70 align to?

not sure if i would lose marks in 14 c iii for not doing 2nd derivative and showing it was a maximum and for question 12 b i for not putting in the x=5 intercept of one of the absolute value graphs. They didn't have it in the solutions but I'm wondering if because it was such an easy paper I would get marked down for that.

You might get marked down for the derivative since it was 2 marks but since it was q14 they might not take a mark off also you might lose a mark for x = 5 since it said show all intercepts

egal

HSC
You might get marked down for the derivative since it was 2 marks but since it was q14 they might not take a mark off also you might lose a mark for x = 5 since it said show all intercepts

Ok cool thanks! any ideas on alignment?

Wolf97

HSC
I liked the exam but I'm disappointed by Q14. Solid exam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)