• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2017ers Preliminary Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
The very moment people get into year 11, they get spammed with so much homework and start to feel stressed about it. I think they need to start introducing excessive homework in the junior years because the junior years isn't as serious although you should get into the habit

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
What do you get? We only get like 1 pages worth of stuff to do p/w
Dude we get sooooooo much fking reading lol every week. Once, one of the readings had a contents page becuase it was like 45 pages. i think on average we get 100-150ish pages per week. my teacher is so overkill lol, but like only the really hardcore people read all of it, but you still have to read a lot of it, and its academic stuff so it's hard to skim and still understand it

Simorgh

HSC
The very moment people get into year 11, they get spammed with so much homework and start to feel stressed about it. I think they need to start introducing excessive homework in the junior years because the junior years isn't as serious although you should get into the habit
This is so true. I feel like its just an overload of work and assignments. On top of that learning and understanding brand new concepts in Phys, Maths, Eco and Chem takes so much time and effort....

Should I take subjects like say Modern History seriously for Prelim, as the HSC course is quite different to the prelim course. Nothing really builds on, maybe except essay writing skills?

Last edited:

leehuan

HSC
Nah man, space>m&g

The most beautiful equation known to man

Really? Conservation of momentum???

What about Newton's law of uni-f******-versal gravitation

Really?! i though it was gonna be the other way round.
i thought ideas is just boring history shit
Whilst ideas and implementation has a ton of history of physics, if you actually take the time to understand the principle of shit esp superconductors in the maglev train it is actually a really juicy topic despite my overall dislike for it.

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
Really? Conservation of momentum???

What about Newton's law of uni-f******-versal gravitation

Whilst ideas and implementation has a ton of history of physics, if you actually take the time to understand the principle of shit esp superconductors in the maglev train it is actually a really juicy topic despite my overall dislike for it.
Nahhh, that equation is so beautiful
like, you can propel a rocket through friggin space, with just that one equation (not really but lol)
like it's basically space travel in an equation

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
This is so true. I feel like its just an overload of work and assignments. On top of that learning and understanding brand new concepts in Phys, Maths, Eco and Chem takes so much time and effort....

Should I take subjects like say Modern History seriously for Prelim, as the HSC course is quite different to the prelim course. Nothing really builds on, maybe except essay running skills?
Your focus in prelim for modern should be skill development rather than content. basically get good at short-answer, essays and source analysis and you'll be set for y12

leehuan

HSC
Nahhh, that equation is so beautiful
like, you can propel a rocket through friggin space, with just that one equation (not really but lol)
like it's basically space travel in an equation
I'm way more interested in how particles behave naturally as opposed to human interaction upon it

leehuan

HSC
Let things be the way they are~

My fav part of physics: four fundamental forces

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
Oath! I'm about 14 exercises behind for maths. Dunno how i can manage it without doing like 3 hours a maths a day and if i do that how tf will i do my other subjects.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Oath! I'm about 14 exercises behind for maths. Dunno how i can manage it without doing like 3 hours a maths a day and if i do that how tf will i do my other subjects.
Do an allnighter for maths on Saturday night and then when you wake up on Sunday Morning, focus on the subjects you need to focus on. Basically what I'm saying use Saturday night to catch up so then you don't have to worry too much about the excessive homework your teacher is spamming you with

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
Do an allnighter for maths on Saturday night and then when you wake up on Sunday Morning, focus on the subjects you need to focus on. Basically what I'm saying use Saturday night to catch up so then you don't have to worry too much about the excessive homework your teacher is spamming you with
i cant do all nighters lol..i cant study after 10

Shuuya

HSC
I think you really should talk to your teacher about the excessive homework because being 14 exercises behind in only 3 weeks ins't healthy for your stress levels :p

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A

Should I take subjects like say Modern History seriously for Prelim, as the HSC course is quite different to the prelim course. Nothing really builds on, maybe except essay writing skills?
I would. I am currently doing economics and legal and fuck they're so boring I'm going to drop them in year 12. I thought Economics was going to be interesting but the teacher makes it boring and I was too late to change from Legal to Bio. FML for the next 2 and a half terms. I don't even bother to listen in Legal and eco class

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
i cant do all nighters lol..i cant study after 10
Oh shit...Dunno what you can do then :(. Cut it up into small little bits and divide them evenly over the course of the week (if you get what I mean)

If you have 14 pages of maths to do and there's like 2 days remaining until your teacher checks your homework, then spend saturday doing 7 pages and sunday doing another 7 pages

For a subject you don't care about don't do homework at all and instead do your maths homework

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
I would. I am currently doing economics and legal and fuck they're so boring I'm going to drop them in year 12. I thought Economics was going to be interesting but the teacher makes it boring and I was too late to change from Legal to Bio. FML for the next 2 and a half terms. I don't even bother to listen in Legal and eco class
Hurts me hard

drsabz101

HSC
N/A
Maths is the best. On thursday's I have 4 periods of maths

Shuuya

HSC
Maths is the best. On thursday's I have 4 periods of maths
On Fridays I have 2 and a half hours of maths at school, and then 3 hours of maths tutoring after school :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)