2018 HSC+ATAR results discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I feel like a goddam failure tbh :(

English - 86
3u maths - 93
4u maths - 90
Physics - 90
Software - 96

LEGIT Everyone's marks in our cohort are much worse than we ever predicted!
Congratulations on your results.

Definitely not failure results, I mean you've got all band 6s except for English.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Congratulations on your results.

Definitely not failure results, I mean you've got all band 6s except for English.
yes but my english mark was soo bad!
I knew I was never good at english. I put in sooo much effort but slapped with that kind of a mark :(

Deadboxes

HSC
Aye, I'm at an estimated 80-83, I was aiming for 80 and above, hopefully, I get it lmao, also no band 6's with my highest being 86 in pdhpe :( but still great!I realisticaly only needed above a 69 to get into UTS Medical Science, thanks to SRS!

JaxsenW

HSC
Sounds like a lot of people are getting marks lower than expected. Hopefully that bodes well for ATAR's

On another note, f***ing 88's and 89's... :(

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Sounds like a lot of people are getting marks lower than expected. Hopefully that bodes well for ATAR's

On another note, f***ing 88's and 89's... :(
Oh sorry to hear that

State wise we seem to be doing quite poorly. Maybe our atars will be boosted. Be in for a surprise!

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
2018 exams much more difficult than 2017 (from what I’ve been told) and I think since the new syllabus introduction NESA decided to snake us by introducing the new syllabus type questions into the 2018 exams (some sorta weird transition as seen by the bio and adv wack questions) but that’s my theory
Maybe, but it could just be I'm an optimistic person and after this shitfest if my optimism doesn't turn out to be true, then........

PikyoK

HSC
Hi Guys!!!

I got my results earlier than 6 am (around 5:30 am)

I did better than expected. I couldn't remember my marks because I was just so stoked. They were in the mid 70s to late 70s. All of them were in Bands 3 & 4.

YAAAAAAAAASSSS! :hug2: :music: :D :awesome: :spzz: :jump::haha:

SirLaptop

HSC
Estimated 87 atar, three band 6's in Maths, Business and Legal.

87 in multi, 83 in eco and 79 in English.

And that was quite literally way above what I was expecting. I am very happy.

Last edited:

JaxsenW

HSC
Oh sorry to hear that

State wise we seem to be doing quite poorly. Maybe our atars will be boosted. Be in for a surprise!
Yeah, I'm really hoping that ATAR's will be boosted because of it. Really need that mark...
But I agree, everyone I have talked to or seen has said that their marks were low, even from selectives...

Fingers crossed...

notthedevil

I love the Pakenham line
HSC
English Advanced - 90 (Exam mark 87 and Internal mark 93, like wtf!)
English Extension 1 - 47/50
English Extension 2 - 36/50 (this hurts the worst lol bc I got 50/50 internally and my teacher kept praising me the whole yr)
Modern History - 90
Geography - 90
Visual Arts - 94 (no state rank buds ha)
French Continuers - 88

Absolutely devastated and honestly embarrassed that I got these marks, but I also feel stupid that I was so confident in my ability to get 93+ in my subs to get 99 atar. I havent used atar calculators and I would rather people not speculate on possible outcomes for my atar (like seriously, just wait a day its not that long). Personally I estimate 96 but honestly who knows. I feel like I've let a lot of people down especially myself. Personally, I would put these results down to my deteriorating mental health during the HSC period, but also there were many exams where I felt mentally fine and I still did bad. But I just cannot explain what happened with Extension 2, and I'm just thankful no subjects were dropped during the year LOL.

Thankfully I do have a contingency plan if I dont get 98 which seems pretty likely at this point. I will do Arts and then transfer into Arts Law if I can get a good WAM or whatever it is, and this will give me credit points so that I didnt waste time in a degree unrelated to the degree I want. I worked as hard as I could and if I had worked harder, personally I feel that the people around me would have worried about me. I'm just happy I get to move to Melbourne and leave my country town...

Last edited:

jjuunnee

HSC
English advanced: 93
Biology: 94
Legal: 97
Maths x1: 95
Maths x2: 85 loollolollolollolololol

overall, relatively pleased hahah except for x2 but you know i can live with that plus it reflects my lack of study for that subject so fair enough

congrats to everyone!!! quick reminder that these marks aren't everything, and that there are so many different pathways towards getting to do the course you wanna do in uni

spaghettii

HSC
Uni Grad
Was pretty gutted when I first got my results but now I’m pretty chill with them
Eng Adv - 88 (pretty disappointed, worked hard all year for english :/ )
Math - 89 (scaling must’ve been insane - raw mark of ~74 got scaled to 85)
Legal - 91
Society and Culture - 92 (lowest scaling subject ended up being my best lmao)
Visual Arts - 89 (pretty embarrased at this, came first and didn’t even get a b6)

Predicted atar isn’t amazing but I’m content. Still kinda sad at 3 88/89s and low b6s but life goes on :)

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
English Advanced - 90 (Exam mark 87 and Internal mark 93, like wtf!)
English Extension 1 - 47/50
English Extension 2 - 36/50 (this hurts the worst lol bc I got 50/50 internally and my teacher kept praising me the whole yr)
Modern History - 90
Geography - 90
Visual Arts - 94 (no state rank buds ha)
French Continuers - 88

Absolutely devastated and honestly embarrassed that I got these marks, but I also feel stupid that I was so confident in my ability to get 93+ in my subs to get 99 atar. I havent used atar calculators and I would rather people not speculate on possible outcomes for my atar (like seriously, just wait a day its not that long). Personally I estimate 96 but honestly who knows. I feel like I've let a lot of people down especially myself. Personally, I would put these results down to my deteriorating mental health during the HSC period, but also there were many exams where I felt mentally fine and I still did bad. But I just cannot explain what happened with Extension 2, and I'm just thankful no subjects were dropped during the year LOL.

Thankfully I do have a contingency plan if I dont get 98 which seems pretty likely at this point. I will do Arts and then transfer into Arts Law if I can get a good WAM or whatever it is, and this will give me credit points so that I didnt waste time in a degree unrelated to the degree I want. I worked as hard as I could and if I had worked harder, personally I feel that the people around me would have worried about me. I'm just happy I get to move to Melbourne and leave my country town...
You're not alone man. I've also been extremely let down by my expectations. I don't even know how my english was that low, and Physics wtf 87 for internals?!?! 92 ext

Whole year I worked by ass off for English, I've officially let myself down and failed myself. It stings even more because everyone says hard work always pays off, guess it didn't for me. I might as well had put that time into another subject

RyanT7

HSC
Congrats to everyone finishing their HSC this year. For those who did badly, this is not the end of the road. Let it be a wake up call to you, so you can try your best during university and transfer into the course you want. Don't let your marks determine what you think you're capable of, as they will never be a true reflection of the years to come

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh sorry to hear that

I mean it’s a bell curve so no scaling as such

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)