2018ers Chit-Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

PikyoK

HSC
Isn't sushi hard to eat whilst studying? Unless you don't use chopsticks and eat it one-handed when studying?
Not with me. I happen to be sort of an expert when eating sushi. I find it very easy to eat. I either use chopsticks or a hand to eat it.

mordecia

HSC
N/A
Hey anyone have any tips on what to do during the Christmas holidays?

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey Mordecia, there are plenty of things to do in these Christmas holidays!

1. Front-load - Front-loading for me is the act of reading ahead in each of my subjects and making basic notes. This means that once the content is covered in class, you will be hearing for at least a second time, meaning that you will understand it better.
- For me personally, I do this with Economics, Physics and Chemistry as those are my content subjects.

2. Read your English book/s! - If your school has provided you with them, this is an excellent opportunity to get a head start and prevent yourself from falling behind during the year.

3. Maths - If you do maths, you can either attempt to pre-learn some of the future content or just practice a couple questions each day of content you have already covered, that way you don't get rusty or forget the concepts.

4. Get some rest! - It's really important to get a solid break in the holidays, although I typically struggle to just do nothing. So it's a good opportunity to hang out with friends.

5. Form habits - Throughout the HSC you are going to want to balance the study load with more fruitful activities. The holidays are a great way to start forming habits in exercise, reading etc that you will be able to carry with you throughout the HSC, and help stay sane. It may also be useful towards the end of the holidays to form a solid sleep pattern, something I struggle with xD

Hope this helps.

mordecia

HSC
N/A
Hey Mordecia, there are plenty of things to do in these Christmas holidays!

1. Front-load - Front-loading for me is the act of reading ahead in each of my subjects and making basic notes. This means that once the content is covered in class, you will be hearing for at least a second time, meaning that you will understand it better.
- For me personally, I do this with Economics, Physics and Chemistry as those are my content subjects.

2. Read your English book/s! - If your school has provided you with them, this is an excellent opportunity to get a head start and prevent yourself from falling behind during the year.

3. Maths - If you do maths, you can either attempt to pre-learn some of the future content or just practice a couple questions each day of content you have already covered, that way you don't get rusty or forget the concepts.

4. Get some rest! - It's really important to get a solid break in the holidays, although I typically struggle to just do nothing. So it's a good opportunity to hang out with friends.

5. Form habits - Throughout the HSC you are going to want to balance the study load with more fruitful activities. The holidays are a great way to start forming habits in exercise, reading etc that you will be able to carry with you throughout the HSC, and help stay sane. It may also be useful towards the end of the holidays to form a solid sleep pattern, something I struggle with xD

Hope this helps.
Will do!! Thanks :) really appreciate the quick reply and well thought out post.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
I wrote notes on the whole bio course but took ages since I researched a lot.

Physics did nothing.

English had like a week worth of homework.

Maths did nothing.

I would recommend:
- Go 1-2 modules ahead for each subject to learn content so you can do past papers earlier for half yearly
- Read english text if you're bothered
- Practice some maths or learn ahead

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
1. Make sure all your notes are up to date
2. Do practice questions (from past papers, trials/hsc/assessment tasks etc) on areas of topic you've covered in the first term.
3. Read your english texts and related texts.
4. Get enough sleep!

mordecia

HSC
N/A
Thanks all of you for the tips :) I was wondering also should I be writing down notes ( I feel it's redundant) & if so what type of format should I do it in, seeing as I do content heavy subjects like IPT and Business.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks all of you for the tips :) I was wondering also should I be writing down notes ( I feel it's redundant) & if so what type of format should I do it in, seeing as I do content heavy subjects like IPT and Business.
I did Business Studies under the syllabus headings as it help ensures that you cover all areas.

Learn1

HSC
Hey, hope Year 12's going well for everyone,

Just wondering does anyone use HSC Hub by atomi and if so is it worth a yearly subscription??

Thanks

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey, hope Year 12's going well for everyone,

Just wondering does anyone use HSC Hub by atomi and if so is it worth a yearly subscription??

Thanks
Hey
Personally I do not use HSC Hub by Atomi but I have access to an alternative known as HSC Study lab
https://hscstudylab.com.au/

If you have a membership at a library in NSW (Not sure about other states), you are able to get a free subscription for all their subjects.
It is $99 otherwise per subject, which is much cheaper than the $470 for each subject by Atomi.
It's very much the same concept as Atomi, with a video for a dotpoint (or more than one), and the whole ordeal is run by Macquarie Uni.

The main drawback is that they only cater for HSC Chemistry, Biology and Physics at the moment, but plan to add a larger range of subjects.

Hope this helps, hf in the HSC :read:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)