2018ers Chit-Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

boredofstudiesuser1

HSC
What content/work is everyone planning to do this break? Also- 2017ers what did you do in the Christmas holidays?
1. Finalise syllabus notes/summaries for Legal, FS & English & summary notes for each piece we studied in music (from this term)

then...

English - Redraft AOS essay, create brief AOS story outlines, complete 2016 school paper 1, read Brave New World, create Module C rubric notes, create brief notes (techniques etc.) on BNW

MX1 - Learn 2-3 topics + textbook work

MX2 - Learn 2 topics + textbook work

Legal Studies - Finalise shelter syllabus notes, create Family textbook notes (& then syllabus notes if possible)

Music - Listen to last 25 year pieces (write notes on them), write notes on a comp book/sheets we got, start Composition portfolio (deconstruct comp. marking criteria + comp. ideas), begin syllabus notes on concepts of music
[also hoping to create compositional techniques & analysis guide summary)

FS - finish tafe part of the course (brief notes + assignments) - then use whatever time is left to start syllabus notes

Re. results: I only got English back - and I got 13/15 for creative & 13/15 for essay (which was in speech format). Wasn't completely satisfied with my submissions to begin with so I'm ok with the result.

Honestly, don't think I performed great this term (in my prelim subs) so I'm setting the bar at 75-80% for everything else (hopefully ill get a little higher), since weightings were pretty low, and Ive now eliminated a lot of extracurriculars. Will try to create a study schedule and do better next year.

Happy holidays everyone!

Frostguard

HSC
Week 1 overrrr
What did I accomplish????
Nothing
What about you guys???

Lumenoria

HSC
Started a bit of the next topic for Legal, did some work on my portfolio for my Multimedia major work and did some context research for English Extension. Sounds more than it actually is lol, I've been caught by an illness once AGAIN so I haven't really been able to muster up the energy to do more as I've been bedridden most days, if not working. I worked a 24 hour week, which is to be 30 when I finish my shift tomorrow. I'm also working pretty much everyday in the first week of January, but hopefully I'll be able to accomplish a bit more school work after that. I definitely need to prioritise more, because I know I'll regret it if I keep procrastinating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
Meerrrrrry Christmassss everyone!! [emoji319][emoji319]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mkv_86

HSC
I only got my maths 2U and 3U back, I got 83% in 2u and 84% in 3u, (i know i got smashed in 2u due to stupid mistakes), hoping for a 16-18/20 for english, not too sure about the rest though. And here is what I'm planning to do during these summer holidays:

Chemistry:

1) Notes for The Acidic Environment
2) Go through Nuclear Chemistry from module 1 and do some past papers on those
3) Revise Module 2 and do past papers and identify weaknesses

Physics:

1) Notes for Motors and Generators
2) Go through Relativity again and do some past papers on those
3) Revise Module 2 and do past papers and identify weaknesses
4) Do dot points 1-2 for Ideas to Implementation (but not finish it)

Biology:

1) Notes for The Search For Better Health (my school does it after the first module)
2) Make notes for previous module which I haven't done cuz I'm so lazy >.<
3) Revise both modules and do past papers and perhaps do a couple of 7-8 markers and be ready to show to teacher

English Advanced:

1) Read The Prince and Julius Caesar (already done)
2) Make a couple of notes on the conceptual statements regarding context including quotes+techniques and analysis
3) Perhaps make a draft comparative essay to show to my teacher
4) FIX MY CREATIVE LIKE OMFG

Maths 2U/3U:

1) Complete textbook questions on all assessable topics
2) Past papers past papers past papers...

Hopefully everyone has a successful christmas holiday and good luck =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)