2018ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Lilabear

HSC
Hey guys, need advice

Neither of my prepared creatives have much of a plot going on. Particularly for Ext 1, where it's stream-of-consciousness. Would I be marked down for this, even if I do make the concept of discovery or genre conventions explicitly known?

And how long are Module A essays supposed to be? Mine's 1.5k and I feel that is way too long.
Even if there's no plot, something HAS to happen. Something significant to your character, or to society etc. Ask yourself how you wan't the reader to feel after reading your creative.

Also for mod A essays i had 1.1k words which i just managed to finish. I think you should cut down a few hundred, unless you've already timed yourself in exam conditions and you're confident in your ability to write that much.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
I mean it's 1.3k
If that's for ext 1 then allg but if it's for advanced that's also okay IF you can write that fast and it's quality (don't wanna distort the quality by adding in more non-good stuff).

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
Finished my half yearlies bois - Our school did all of it over the 4 day week lol

3u rekt me but phys and 4u where pretty good. How is everyone else going?

jjuunnee

HSC
Finished my half yearlies bois - Our school did all of it over the 4 day week lol

so good that you're done early!!

I did eng on Thursday and my next exam is 4u which is on tues :/ will definitely need all of tomorrow to study

Frostguard

HSC

4 days????? wow my school's exams go on for 3 weeks lol its normally two but because of the easter holidays they pushed it forwards so its so chill lol im so bored ahhhh

hsay25

HSC
4 days????? wow my school's exams go on for 3 weeks lol its normally two but because of the easter holidays they pushed it forwards so its so chill lol im so bored ahhhh
Lucky my exams start tmr, didn’t even get them properly enjoy the Easter weekend. English got me like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zali_G

HSC
Yeah, and apparently they're making maths compulsory for the 2020 HSC kids??

emzeerosee

HSC
Pretty sure it's because every year there are less and less kids doing it & most jobs require at least general knowledge of maths. It's probably to make it easier for both the kids and the employer (or to help get into the course they want if they're going the Uni path)

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
What do you guys prefer?
Wake up at 4:30am~ and study in the morning, and go to bed 9:00pm~

Or wake up at a normal-ish time, say 6:00-7:00am and study later at night, 11:00pm-12:00am~

I've recently been doing the former, and found it pretty good

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
What do you guys prefer?

Or wake up at a normal-ish time, say 6:00-7:00am and study later at night, 11:00pm-12:00am~

I prefer the former but at the moment that lifestyle can't be done :)

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
What do you guys prefer?

Staying up till 2-3 am and waking up like 9-12 rn

PikyoK

HSC

Best to get study out of the way so that you have the whole day to do homework, assignments etc.

brbstudying

HSC
Midterms finished today! For me, at least. :)

Praying that I did well...

How's everyone else going?

P.S: Am I the only one who's been having sad thoughts about high school ending? I'm now vowing to make the most of these few months left, because I have a feeling I'll miss the familiarity of the school grounds and the familiar faces :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)