2018ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

spaghettii

HSC
Uni Grad
Hello. Long time no see.

I have a question about HSC VA Body of Works. Do HSC Markers come to the school to mark it or do they take it to the marking centre? Note: my artwork is a diorama (installation).
As far as I know from my VA teacher all BOWs (at least this year) are taken to a marking center in Homebush. Your teacher should be able to sort out transport and packaging

PikyoK

HSC
Oh Ok

It's all sorted. My VA teacher and I decided that I will be taking my BOW to Homebush for marking.

Thanks! :D:D

kainetalbot

HSC
Hello fellow HSC students,

As you all know we have completed our HSC trials and are now on the home straight towards the end of our regular schooling lives.

For some people their trial marks may have been disheartening but as I like to say "Oh well, shit happens aye". So if you are one of those people keep your head held high and focus on improving your marks for the finals.

On the other hand people may be exstatic about their results and for those people, Congratulations and good luck in the finals.

After the last 13 years of school, we are finally near the end. So for those people who are feeling as if they can't get to the end, keep your head high and study like your life depends on it.

One final question, what marks did anyone get in their trial exams?

My marks so far are; 65% Maths General 2, 58% Modern History and 62% in Senior Science.

So good luck and I hope to be back soon with another thread of the final mark reveal... da da da.

Ramini1

HSC
Hi guys,

I’ve got a question you’ve probably heard a hundred times before, but I’ll ask anyway. Regarding past papers, roughly how many should I plan to get through? I know you should just try and get through as many as you can, but would there be a set standard e.g. at least 10. I understand that it’s quality over quantity when it comes to past papers but any estimate would be great.

Thanks

jjuunnee

HSC
Hi guys,

I’ve got a question you’ve probably heard a hundred times before, but I’ll ask anyway. Regarding past papers, roughly how many should I plan to get through? I know you should just try and get through as many as you can, but would there be a set standard e.g. at least 10. I understand that it’s quality over quantity when it comes to past papers but any estimate would be great.

Thanks
most people say around 10

HoldingOn

HSC
Hi guys,

Thanks
Depends what subject. For 3U aiming for around 25, for 2U just 10 will be sufficient. Other subjects like English I will do none.

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
Hi guys,

Thanks
For 3U and 4U I'm going to do 2001-2017, and then do selected questions from the <2001 papers. For Phys and Chem, my goal is to do all 2001-2017, and English just practice adapting my essays and different stimuli, might complete a paper or 2 but only closer to the exam itself for time/confidence purposes. Best of luck :)

jjuunnee

HSC
Hi guys,

Thanks
I think it's less important to do practice exams for english mainly bc they won't ask the same questions, but definitely recommend doing practice reading tasks and maybe a few essay questions to make sure that you can address the question well

Ramini1

HSC
I think it's less important to do practice exams for english mainly bc they won't ask the same questions, but definitely recommend doing practice reading tasks and maybe a few essay questions to make sure that you can address the question well

Yeah exactly. What would u guys recommend for the sciences ? I’m personally just gonna try finishing upto 2001 for chem and bio, not sure tho

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah exactly. What would u guys recommend for the sciences ? I’m personally just gonna try finishing upto 2001 for chem and bio, not sure tho
I think the most important thing (IN MY OPINION) is to know the content inside out. A lot of people go to papers before knowing the content which I think is less effective. I ended up doing around 10 past papers for physics HSC but since I had to cram revision of phys the day before the HSC I didn't mark the papers and ended up getting 95 still so I guess knowing the content helps a lot!

HoldingOn

HSC
Does anyone know anything about the difficulty of NEAP maths trials? Or just NEAP in general. Just managed to get my hands on a couple and there are definitely some weird questions.

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
Does anyone know anything about the difficulty of NEAP maths trials? Or just NEAP in general. Just managed to get my hands on a couple and there are definitely some weird questions.
NEAP, Independent and CSSA papers are generally quite hard, typically ascending difficulty in that order (From my experience). Overall, they can give a rough replication of HSC papers, but should not replace them. Best of luck :)

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
What was everyone's ATAR goal at the start of yr 12 vs now? I know mine definitely changed a lot so I'm curious about your ones!

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I reckon of the ones that I've done NEAP wise they aren't really HSC type questions, some were vaguely similar to trial questions that I've seen though.

HoldingOn

HSC
I reckon of the ones that I've done NEAP wise they aren't really HSC type questions, some were vaguely similar to trial questions that I've seen though.
Yeah some of the questions are really vague and use different terminology

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)