2018ers Chit-Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
What was everyone's ATAR goal at the start of yr 12 vs now? I know mine definitely changed a lot so I'm curious about your ones!
Mine was around 85.5 in Yr 10, which rose to 97 in Yr 11, and now realistically is 96, but in the back of my head I want 99.

brbstudying

HSC
95 in Year 9

I actually did so well in English, History and Music in Year 10 that I'm sure I would've achieved this ATAR. In terms of consistent study habits, I bet if 2016 me was doing the HSC now, she'd ace it. But with 2018 me, I'm not so sure lol rip.

98 within the first half of Year 11, then I completely lost focus whoops (ATAR estimate looked anywhere from 60 - 70 judging from my prelim yearly report xD)

Now realistically anything from 86 - 96 I'll be happy with :)

A Leaf

HSC
From 99 to 95 HAHA I still am AIMING to get 99 because hello what a dream come true but if I fall short, I'll be disappointed but I'll still be happy with 95+ :)

entartung

HSC
Hey guys, so i took a really long break after trials and i still haven't done ANY study at all for HSC externals yet. My notes actually aren't complete, should i spend the next week finishing my notes (it'll probably take that long) but only have 3 weeks do do past papers? I've forgotten a lot of content and i feel like writing my own notes helps me learn/memorise a lot better, but it seems like most people recommend just using other people's notes if your own haven't been done this late on :/

jjuunnee

HSC
Hey guys, so i took a really long break after trials and i still haven't done ANY study at all for HSC externals yet. My notes actually aren't complete, should i spend the next week finishing my notes (it'll probably take that long) but only have 3 weeks do do past papers? I've forgotten a lot of content and i feel like writing my own notes helps me learn/memorise a lot better, but it seems like most people recommend just using other people's notes if your own haven't been done this late on :/
if you think that it's going to help you relearn everything then it's worth doing them. 3 weeks is still a decent amount of time to do past papers, especially since you have the two weeks of holidays

entartung

HSC
if you think that it's going to help you relearn everything then it's worth doing them. 3 weeks is still a decent amount of time to do past papers, especially since you have the two weeks of holidays
Phew, thanks for that, i feel a lot better now :)

HSC
hey guys i know i am not in year 12 yet but i hope someone replies

tomoz i have a great gatsby essay to do and we will be provided with an extract/unseen question. any tips on studying tonight?

thanks

MONONYMOUS

HSC
I recommend you practice writing (in exam conditions) a bunch of different responses to different questions. Just smash out a whole lot of essays until you find it easy to write about anything in relation to The Great Gatsby.

HSC
I recommend you practice writing (in exam conditions) a bunch of different responses to different questions. Just smash out a whole lot of essays until you find it easy to write about anything in relation to The Great Gatsby.
thanks so much for the help but the teacher has given us revision questions i can't quite answer. could u plz help?

they are:

1. What important ideas are explored in The Great Gatsby?
2. How is point of view constructed and used in the text?
3. How is authority established throughout the text? Who has it? Why and how?
4. Consider important parts of the text; how do these direct the narrative and influence the audience’s understanding of the themes?

could u plz help me out by answering them (doesnt have to be long). so sory to ruin ur weekend but this exam is very important to me. if u dont want to then thats ok.

notthedevil

I love the Pakenham line
HSC
Hey guys just wondering if you guys are going for any scholarships, and if so, which ones/types (like academic, leadership, sport)?

Idk if most people apply for scholarships. I'm going for the academic ones down at Monash (Scholarship for Excellence) that don't need an application, bc I'm too lazy to make heaps of applications smh. And also Sydney Scholars for Sydney Uni (although idk how much I wanna move to Syd when Melb is so close). And also some random regional/rural scholarships and low income ones, if I can be bothered to apply...

HoldingOn

HSC
Hey guys just wondering if you guys are going for any scholarships, and if so, which ones/types (like academic, leadership, sport)?

Idk if most people apply for scholarships. I'm going for the academic ones down at Monash (Scholarship for Excellence) that don't need an application, bc I'm too lazy to make heaps of applications smh. And also Sydney Scholars for Sydney Uni (although idk how much I wanna move to Syd when Melb is so close). And also some random regional/rural scholarships and low income ones, if I can be bothered to apply...
Applying for Sydney Scholars but hoping that I get 99.9 so automatically get a 10k one per year

Last edited:

spaghettii

HSC
Uni Grad

I've applied for Sydney Scholars and UNSW's All Rounders, and I might apply for UWS' Vice-Chancellor's Award

spaghettii

HSC
Uni Grad
How competitive are USYD scholarships

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can't know for sure, but they'd probably be extremely competitive, given how "prestigious" the university is and how competitive the scores are to get in. Sydney Scholars especially so, but I applied anyways, there's no harm in giving it a go. Faculty specific ones however might be a bit less competitive, but I can't know for sure

A Leaf

HSC
Thursday next week :( crazy to think this time next week I will have graduated

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)