2018ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Ramini1

HSC
Has anyone else's ATAR expectations taken a drastic tumble over the past few weeks? I started year 12 begging for a 90, now I'm just aiming for an 80 (which is still pretty hard to get ill be honest). I've read over all my essays ONCE, and that's all the study I've done this stuvac. There's one week to go, does anyone think it's possible for someone to scrape an 80+ ATAR with just the knowledge they covered in trials and not doing ANYTHING after? Am I fucking up my future//??//?/? Someone give me a reality check. (I really want to be THAT kid that did decent (80ish) at the HSC by just doing one hour a day in the week leading up to the english papers, is that extremely unrealistic? Slap me if it is. Quick)
Man don’t stress too much, I know it’s cliche but if you really want something in life the atar isn’t the be all end all. Sure it might take a year or two longer, but you’ll get there if you really want it. Try not to stress about it and just focus on working hard with the time left. It might turn out well, but if it doesn’t, it is definitely not the end.

Hope I helped

Good luck

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Has anyone else's ATAR expectations taken a drastic tumble over the past few weeks? I started year 12 begging for a 90, now I'm just aiming for an 80 (which is still pretty hard to get ill be honest). I've read over all my essays ONCE, and that's all the study I've done this stuvac. There's one week to go, does anyone think it's possible for someone to scrape an 80+ ATAR with just the knowledge they covered in trials and not doing ANYTHING after? Am I fucking up my future//??//?/? Someone give me a reality check. (I really want to be THAT kid that did decent (80ish) at the HSC by just doing one hour a day in the week leading up to the english papers, is that extremely unrealistic? Slap me if it is. Quick)
As Dory says Just keep Studying! You've still got a bit of time left so put in a lot more then your current 1 hour a day of study then your chances of going decently in your HSC will increase subsantially.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
You aren't stuffing up your future, just delaying it if you really want to get into a course. For example, people transfer courses all the time so if you study hard at university in a lower ATAR course you'll likely be able to transfer into it.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
yeet.
btw what have people done in software design and development as well as in information processes and technology, in terms of programming? How much do u feel you learned; or just general thought about the subject? I ended up not doing it but im curious.
Oh Software design was lit. Our teacher taught us C# from the basics, learnt quite a lot. It was a fun course you should've done it.

IPT on the other hand is a pile of trash, literally I realized when we started learning things like netiquette(like wtf who even uses it), and conflict resolution imao. Oh and not to mention how outdated the syllabus is (Apple is emerging technology)

Last edited:

jjuunnee

HSC
How's studying going for everyone? What have people all been doing??
hahahah not too great. I'm a bit behind on everything bc I spent the first week of the holidays doing other things. I've been finding second related texts for English and memorising legal examples slowly. Soon I'll need to memorise my quotes for English, do practice papers, and start with bio and Ext2 maths

PikyoK

HSC
How's studying going for everyone? What have people all been doing??
Study is alright! I have been following a planned timetable and I am leaving a bit of free time doing past papers. I am a bit behind in everything so I've been adding a few extra hours of study to catch up. Apart from that, everything is ok. :)

PikyoK

HSC
I have a question for all the English Creative Writing professionals. Is it possible to portray more than one discovery in your creative writing?

Thanks

jjuunnee

HSC
I have a question for all the English Creative Writing professionals. Is it possible to portray more than one discovery in your creative writing?

Thanks
I'm definitely not a creative writing professional hahaha but it is definitely possible. I think most people end up writing about two discoveries, one being physical and the other being some sort of internal revelation, or I guess you could also write about one discovery which leads on to another

HoldingOn

HSC

Thanks
Yes.

Works on two levels- shows you have a better understanding of the concept and also inadvertently allows you to better adapt to the different stimuli

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad

Thanks
Yes it would be possible to display different aspects of discovery within your creative writing.

jjuunnee

HSC
Hey!!

When does everyone finish their exams and what are you planning on doing afterwards??

I finish on the 30th with ext1 being my last exam, and then I have formal two weeks after that, possibly going on a road trip with my friends at the beginning of december, and also having to do us uni applications

notthedevil

I love the Pakenham line
HSC
Hey!!

When does everyone finish their exams and what are you planning on doing afterwards??

I finish on the 30th with ext1 being my last exam, and then I have formal two weeks after that, possibly going on a road trip with my friends at the beginning of december, and also having to do us uni applications
I finish on 8 November with Geography lmao :/ But after that I'm probably gonna just be hanging with friends, going down to Melbourne a fair bit, and working part-time. Might visit family in the USA, idk tho. Next year I'm moving to Melbourne thank god lol

notthedevil

I love the Pakenham line
HSC
Hey guys, if i have french on the 7th november and geography on the 8th november, is it a valid and good idea to leave them until I've finished english and visual arts, meaning I would start studying french and geo on the 22nd of october and until the 8th november? I would probably study really hard for them even more after 31st october which is after extension english, meaning it kinda equals out to the same amount of study time compared to english and visual arts???

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys, if i have french on the 7th november and geography on the 8th november, is it a valid and good idea to leave them until I've finished english and visual arts, meaning I would start studying french and geo on the 22nd of october and until the 8th november? I would probably study really hard for them even more after 31st october which is after extension english, meaning it kinda equals out to the same amount of study time compared to english and visual arts???
That sounds appropriate to me ~ Realistically, I'm only going to focus on Adv English until that is over, then get back on the grind for my 3U 4U Phys Chem. Like I have time to study for those after English, and English is quite tough so

PikyoK

HSC
Hey!!

I finish on 6th November with Studies of Religion! After that I plan on sleeping in and having fun (going out with friends and family). Maybe I'll get a job too.

Last edited:

yassy_xo

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey!!

I finish the 6th November with studies of religion. After exams imma chill and get onto all the movies and tv shows ive been planning on watching. Oh and might also get a job because why not

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Sounds fine to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)