2018ers Preliminary Chit Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Do you reckon you will end up counting your accelerated subjects?
Probably not, 2u doesn't count automatically and the other subjects scale higher than SOR but if SOR does count it'll just be 1 unit anyway. The study periods from doing SOR have been really helpful though.

PikyoK

HSC
How do you show your ATAR Aim and your list of subjects in your posts?

si2136

HSC
N/A
Has anyone else registered to sit the LAT for UNSW law in September?
You guys have a good opportunity to do it for both years, so take granted for it. A lot of people in year 11 wouldn't even know about it.

PikyoK

HSC
How do I put my signature with my posts?

Sorry, I'm new to this XD

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
How do I put my signature with my posts?

Sorry, I'm new to this XD
Your signature is currently on at the moment, but you won't be able to see it if you are viewing BOS by tapatalk.

kendallkreene

HSC
I have an exam in less than 4 hours. Did not study very effectively and consistently throughout the term, so this is my first time in my entire high school life that I am cramming the night and morning before an exam. I'll be happy to pull a solid 80, but i'll tell y'all how it goes

It just seems better to cram in Year 11 than 12, plus I just want to test my short-term memory. It's not like it's the prelims :p

Frostguard

HSC
Hey everyone!! Did you get your Prelim exam timetables?? Any double exams?? Thank god all my exams are spread out and I finish early too woo, how about you guys?

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
I have an exam in less than 4 hours. Did not study very effectively and consistently throughout the term, so this is my first time in my entire high school life that I am cramming the night and morning before an exam. I'll be happy to pull a solid 80, but i'll tell y'all how it goes

It just seems better to cram in Year 11 than 12, plus I just want to test my short-term memory. It's not like it's the prelims :p
Prepare to cram for year 12! Had to do it heaps

Itz_Gabi

HSC
Yeah, we've gotten our exam timetables too! It's only over a week and a day so... that's gonna be fun. Luckily mine are fairly spread out and I've got an early finish too :D

Good luck with studying though! I'm still trying to find the best approach to all my subjects.

Mackenzieclack

HSC
I'll be running into 2018 with:
Extension 1 English
Advanced English
Mathematics
Extension 1 Mathematics
Chemistry
Physics
Biology
Modern History

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
Dropping Geography for 2018, gonna be rolling with -

Mathematics Ext 1
Mathematics Ext 2
English Advanced
Physics
Chemistry
Economics

:guitar:

Jaxxnuts

HSC
N/A
I'll be too scared to cram for Year 12. :( My subjects are heavily humanities based, and I see your subjects are more on the left-brain side?
I feel you can cram content heavy subjects however this is a risky technique (imo)

Get a bunch of notes, go through them, summarise the stuff on a sheet of paper (and teach yourself at the same time), keep doing it until you think you know everything and then do past papers

You can also do the "worksheet method" when it comes to memorising content but you would need to start early studying in order to do so

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
I'll be too scared to cram for Year 12. :( My subjects are heavily humanities based, and I see your subjects are more on the left-brain side?
Every subject has a lot of content! Try managing your time well to study early because cramming doesn't work for everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)