2018ers Preliminary Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
How much preparation is everyone planning to do these holidays?
I'd recommend learning the first module for some of your subjects, read english text (POSSIBLY start creative/ideas) which is basically what I did last year and it helped immensely as the first assessments are usually 25%!!

spaghettii

HSC
Uni Grad
How much preparation is everyone planning to do these holidays?
Heh probably none
Nah I'll try get ahead with my first english module and start brainstorming ideas for my society and vis arts majors, but I have to catch up in my other subjects because my whole grade is behind in math and I have a bunch of legal homework to do. Realistically I'm not gonna get half of this done, but I can try (and fail miserably lmao)

A Leaf

HSC
So is anyone going get a head start on HSC content or wait until next term?
I'm doing as much bio as I can get done these hols but that's partly because I learn nothing in class and the knowledge is 99% rote learning

Lumenoria

HSC
I'm reading my prescribed and possible related texts for Advanced and Extension English and consolidating my understanding of the prelim mathematics so that I'll have the fundamental basics down to power through HSC mathematics hahaah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kendallkreene

HSC
In regards to this, I read in one of those "Secrets to HSC Success" books that there are many people who succeeded and got 95+ ATARs without starting in the holidays. So don't think you're at some fatalistic disadvantage if you don't start early.

HoldingOn

HSC
In regards to this, I read in one of those "Secrets to HSC Success" books that there are many people who succeeded and got 95+ ATARs without starting in the holidays. So don't think you're at some fatalistic disadvantage if you don't start early.
Yeah I haven't started and don't plan to.

SM2001

HSC
N/A
stressed a bit tbh because I got really complacent in yr 11 and I'm sorta trying to get a head start like some1 else mentioned in these holidays so i dont burn out next term but i really cant be bothered for it

HoldingOn

HSC
Feeling good- actually looking forward to starting and getting some assessments out of the way. My subjects are really easy haha so I don't need to stress

spaghettii

HSC
Uni Grad
Pretty stressed bc I'm dreading all the work, plus I still have to decide whether I should keep 3U math or not

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
stressed a bit tbh because I got really complacent in yr 11 and I'm sorta trying to get a head start like some1 else mentioned in these holidays so i dont burn out next term but i really cant be bothered for it
Getting a head start is a good idea since the first assessments are usually 25% so good job for that

HoldingOn

HSC
Pretty stressed bc I'm dreading all the work, plus I still have to decide whether I should keep 3U math or not
Keep 3U. One of the 2017ers can correct me if I'm from wrong but if you have a small amount of natural competency and just do heaps of past papers and expose yourself to as many questions as possible you can do well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)