2019ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

ConquerHSC

HSC
N/A
Balancing chemical equations
Understanding and applyingEnthalpy, entropy, gibbs energy formulas
Understanding and applying Formulas involving number of moles (n) and concentration (e.g. dilution - c1v1 = c2v2), limiting reagent
Oxidation and reduction, constructing half equations
General chemistry formulae - e.g. synthesis, decomposition, combustion, precipitation, acid with base rxn, acid with carbonate (e.g. A + B will give you what)
General periodic table trends and why (this will help you with your foundation, esp with module 7)
Models of the structure of different metals and compounds --> e.g. ionic compound, covalent molecular, covalent network, metallic structure
collision theory and rate of reaction and their relationship
exothermic and endothermic reactions
IUPAC naming

I'm sure i missed some. However, those listed above you should know moving into Year 12. I will make an official list soon.

Feel free to DM me if you have any questions <3

ConquerHSC

HSC
N/A
Made a chemistry and biology marathon thread in the subjects section for us 2019 hsc students :>

TeheeCat

HSC
How are people finding year 12 so far?
Year 12 hasn't been too bad, maybe going a bit slow as we went through prelim papers/outline of year 12 syllabus longer than I thought. Also we spend more time in class practising writing short answers (particularly in my social science subjects) than learning the content. I suppose it is important to learn how to write short answer paragraphs but would have preferred to have more time for content I guess.

pinkowl

HSC
How are people finding year 12 so far?
its honestly going so bad, im stressing my brains out and i cant seem to stop procrastinating i just want to get my work done but it feels like i physically cant im just really stressed and need hsc to be over because this is scary and overall just horrible i hate it its been three weeks and im drained already? and i feel like im the only one who is like this too ?

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
nah im like this too to some extent ive been getting 4h of sleep daily since I give myself so much extra homework and such 3am-7am is when i sleep and i somewhat function at school so im just trying to finish as much work as possible
Bro srsly, you should be getting some sleep ~ It's the start of the HSC my goodness, give yourself some leeway and at least 7.5 hours of sleep. Just stay on top of the work that the school assigns (If it is actually useful, 90% of the sheets I got for phys and chem weren't worth my time, so I just made notes and did HSC/trial q's). The grind really starts around HY, then around Trials and then leading up to the HSC of course.

Deadboxes

HSC
big oof make sure to revise at least once a week for content heavy subjects like chem tbh

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Bro srsly, you should be getting some sleep ~ It's the start of the HSC my goodness, give yourself some leeway and at least 7.5 hours of sleep. Just stay on top of the work that the school assigns (If it is actually useful, 90% of the sheets I got for phys and chem weren't worth my time, so I just made notes and did HSC/trial q's). The grind really starts around HY, then around Trials and then leading up to the HSC of course.
Not getting enough sleep will deteriorate your performance longer term.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Haha yeah I agree with SupR, I never did a single sheet I got in Physics.

If it helps I started at the bottom of my grade after my first assessment for mathematics extension 1 and Physics. For extension 1 because I was a bit sick(got 70% when half the grade got 100%) and Physics because I'm good at the problem solving aspect and not the essay writing(got 80% and half the grade got 85%+)

Now HSC is over and I finished top 5 for both and looking at Band 6 in both, so don't worry if you screw up :)

TeheeCat

HSC
Anyone here have general tips to improve immune system? I get sick a lot and I'm worried it will affect my performance in year 12, especially since it's the crucial year...

I got sick recently and because of that, I'm now behind in all my subjects (apart from 3U math, since I studied ahead). :spin:

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Anyone here have general tips to improve immune system? I get sick a lot and I'm worried it will affect my performance in year 12, especially since it's the crucial year...

I got sick recently and because of that, I'm now behind in all my subjects (apart from 3U math, since I studied ahead). :spin:
Eat garlic, increase greens, and antioxidents. Get enough sleep, and excercise.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
When you are sick, take time to rest and get better.

ConquerHSC

HSC
N/A
Drink a lot of water every day! It is something that I have got on my to-do-list every day haha. Not so easy for many people.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
I have moved posts into the appropriate forums. If anyone wants faster responses I encourage you to actually post in the appropriate forum.

helllo

HSC
Does anyone have any related text suggestions for Billy Elliot? Im really desperate. Everyone else has started the assessment and I still haven't chosen a text.
I really wanted to use a speech but, if i do get really desperate, I could do a short story. I dont want to/ cant do a poem or movie.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)