2020 HSC+ ATAR results discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

jojosiwa123

HSC
It is actually quite rare for anyone to have any marks changed from a recheck, let alone one that is significant enough to affect the ATAR.

Also remember that a recheck can go both ways. If you were incorrectly awarded more marks than you should have then the marks will be adjusted accordingly.
really? I’ve heard they can’t take away marks, only add (however gaining marks is very rare)

#RoadTo31Atar

HSC
yALL 12HOURS TO GO
I think of it more like 3-4 hrs because I'm gonna try fall asleep after 12 and if I'm asleep I don't have to wait so it doesn't count + to me the HSC marks are way scarier than atar anyway because once I see them I'll know if I got it or not

jojosiwa123

HSC
I think of it more like 3-4 hrs because I'm gonna try fall asleep after 12 and if I'm asleep I don't have to wait so it doesn't count + to me the HSC marks are way scarier than atar anyway because once I see them I'll know if I got it or not
do we get our hsc marks first and then atar at 9??

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Wow I thought they could only increase marks and couldn't decrease them? Ah well, you guys probably know more than me. If that is really the case, then I stand corrected.
This is mainly on the premise in that I couldn’t find anything official from NESA which specifically says students cannot get marks reduced from the process. They just say it is to “confirm your mark was processed correctly” which seems to imply accuracy is the intent.

I am aware that there is a common view that you can only get a no change or an increase. If anyone can find an official NESA source that confirms this, happy to review that.

#RoadTo31Atar

HSC
yeah lol why? which state does it sound like I come from? haha I'm actually curious tbh
Haha that's not I meant :) I was just curious because I think some calculators are more accurate for different states but I might be wrong about that

#RoadTo31Atar

HSC
Yep I think you're right about talent, I think matrix is pretty accurate so I'm mostly basing my calcs off that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)