2020 HSC+ ATAR results discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

JeydinNewWon

HSC
Hi everyone!!! Not sure if anyone is still posting marks but here I go~

2019 HSC
Software Design and Development [94]

2020 HSC
Mathematics Extension 2 [94]
Mathematics Extension 1 [94]
Physics [91]
Chemistry [85]
English Advanced [91]

Additionally, I got the HSC All rounders award (thanks, Software!) (though not sure how it may be entirely useful) and achieved an overall ATAR of 98.70.

Thoughts:
Definitely there were times I should’ve studied more this year. This would’ve helped me to solidify my marks and score higher. I was a little disappointed at my HSC results and honestly expected higher of myself.

A bit salty about my Chemistry because I worked so hard for it and I ended up not doing well on it. Granted, it was considered a hard exam, but honestly looking back, if I simply just studied more consistently through the year for Chemistry I would’ve done so much better.

As for English Advanced, I’d thought I’d end up with 93-94 but guess not. Turns out my final story really was that bad. Though my weirdest achievement was I did score higher than all of the English Extension 1 kids; two of whom were rank 1 and 2 in my school, making me the sole person to achieve B6 in English Advanced at my school. Yikes...I felt like the markers were really mean or something...

For Physics...yikes. I predicted I’d get like 94-95 raw or something, but turns out I got more wrong than I expected. Possibly the most disappointed mark I have and because I loved and worked so hard for the subject. I feel it is my fault because I blitzed through the Phys exam so hard and confident with an hour to spare but did not check my responses properly....Well, looks like I’ll be applying to Clown College next year...

My most impressive mark for me is Extension 2. Whilst not the highest, my first ever assessment on it I got 72% at last Rank. I worked so hard on this subject and was so nervous about it so many times. I ended up getting Rank 1 and I was so estatic. I studied my guts out for the exam and it was a breeze. Granted I was silly and missed that Jn question because I wasn’t thinking, which could’ve given me 3 more marks. Overall, however, I was impressed by my score.

dumNerd

HSC
Hi everyone!!! Not sure if anyone is still posting marks but here I go~

2019 HSC
Software Design and Development [94]

2020 HSC
Mathematics Extension 2 [94]
Mathematics Extension 1 [94]
Physics [91]
Chemistry [85]
English Advanced [91]

Additionally, I got the HSC All rounders award (thanks, Software!) (though not sure how it may be entirely useful) and achieved an overall ATAR of 98.70.

Thoughts:
Definitely there were times I should’ve studied more this year. This would’ve helped me to solidify my marks and score higher. I was a little disappointed at my HSC results and honestly expected higher of myself.

A bit salty about my Chemistry because I worked so hard for it and I ended up not doing well on it. Granted, it was considered a hard exam, but honestly looking back, if I simply just studied more consistently through the year for Chemistry I would’ve done so much better.

As for English Advanced, I’d thought I’d end up with 93-94 but guess not. Turns out my final story really was that bad. Though my weirdest achievement was I did score higher than all of the English Extension 1 kids; two of whom were rank 1 and 2 in my school, making me the sole person to achieve B6 in English Advanced at my school. Yikes...I felt like the markers were really mean or something...

For Physics...yikes. I predicted I’d get like 94-95 raw or something, but turns out I got more wrong than I expected. Possibly the most disappointed mark I have and because I loved and worked so hard for the subject. I feel it is my fault because I blitzed through the Phys exam so hard and confident with an hour to spare but did not check my responses properly....Well, looks like I’ll be applying to Clown College next year...

My most impressive mark for me is Extension 2. Whilst not the highest, my first ever assessment on it I got 72% at last Rank. I worked so hard on this subject and was so nervous about it so many times. I ended up getting Rank 1 and I was so estatic. I studied my guts out for the exam and it was a breeze. Granted I was silly and missed that Jn question because I wasn’t thinking, which could’ve given me 3 more marks. Overall, however, I was impressed by my score.
Did chemistry end up counting?

jojosiwa123

HSC
hey guys just wondering how we actually apply for a recheck? do I just call them up or what? and also since we get it back in like 20 days (when I'm pretty sure most uni offers will have come out by), is there actually any point in getting a recheck?

dumNerd

HSC
hey guys just wondering how we actually apply for a recheck? do I just call them up or what? and also since we get it back in like 20 days (when I'm pretty sure most uni offers will have come out by), is there actually any point in getting a recheck?
Not qualified to say shit but it isn't a lot of money is it? Then why not just do it

quickoats

HSC
It’s not a remark just a results check. If you feel as though your marks are incorrect then go for it! But like if you get your top preference on 23rd Dec then why bother?

Just something to note - if a course fills up but your new ATAR is above the cutoff I'm sure there's precedent for you to slip in since it was NESA/UAC's fault rather than yours.

Xanthi

HSC
have a look on this website. since result services (for raw mark check) came out yesterday, the 2020 marks present is indicating that it will be back to you pretty soon. As to how you do it, just go on result services on your students online profile and order what subject you want to recheck.

for the university part, I’m not so sure. But maybe it will be relevant for the next subsequent rounds, since December 23th isn’t the only uni round.
A quick survey of the data up suggests band 6 cutoffs (plus or minus 2) about the following:

English Advanced 83
Extension 2 Maths 80
Extension 1 Maths 70
Biology 72
Chemistry 79
Physics 80

It's official...Math extension 1 aligned far better than math extension 2.

Greninja340

HSC
A quick survey of the data up suggests band 6 cutoffs (plus or minus 2) about the following:

English Advanced 83
Extension 2 Maths 80
Extension 1 Maths 70
Biology 72
Chemistry 79
Physics 80

It's official...Math extension 1 aligned far better than math extension 2.
was the extension 2 test easier?

thatgaegoth

HSC
I still haven't checked my ATAR because i'm too afraid

I got 50% of my marks reduced on my Business Studies Exam since I was falsely accused of cheating, I've already been accepted into UNi so so far I have had no use for my ATAR yet. I really can't believe NESA thought I cheated on my exam despite the fact that I was INDIVIDUALLY MONITORED because of my Disability, shit's wild I want to scream

thatgaegoth

HSC
Also is there anyway I can check how my marks from the HSC Maths Standard Exam compared to other people? Because I know my score from the English and Math exam and Idk if I did any good objectively, ya know?

Velocifire

Critical Hit
HSC
I still haven't checked my ATAR because i'm too afraid

I got 50% of my marks reduced on my Business Studies Exam since I was falsely accused of cheating, I've already been accepted into UNi so so far I have had no use for my ATAR yet. I really can't believe NESA thought I cheated on my exam despite the fact that I was INDIVIDUALLY MONITORED because of my Disability, shit's wild I want to scream
Damn, I thought you’ve been cleared so you received no penalty. At least early entry saved you.

thatgaegoth

HSC
o
Damn, I thought you’ve been cleared so you received no penalty. At least early entry saved you.
oh hell no, I was WAY too depressed around the time that early entry started, I didn't even apply to that shit

no idea how I got into one of my dream uni's and i'm too afraid to ask, I keep procrastinating on all my university and UAC stuff because of my anxiety

Wizjaro

HSC
Pretty sure extension 1 has never aligned better than extension 2 before. This just signifies that the extension 2 exam was easier than the extension 1 exam.

quickoats

HSC
Pretty sure extension 1 has never aligned better than extension 2 before. This just signifies that the extension 2 exam was easier than the extension 1 exam.
not so much that it was "easier", but that the band descriptors were achieved with vastly different marks. In MX1 someone who got ~70 was able to aptly demonstrate all E4 outcomes (but someone with 69 was not) whereas in MX1 someone who got 79 was not able to fulfil all E4 criteria whereas someone who got 80 was able to scrape it.

for reference here are the band descriptors: https://educationstandards.nsw.edu....-mathematics/mathematics-extension-1-2017/pbd https://educationstandards.nsw.edu....-mathematics/mathematics-extension-2-2017/pbd

c8

HSC
Also is there anyway I can check how my marks from the HSC Maths Standard Exam compared to other people? Because I know my score from the English and Math exam and Idk if I did any good objectively, ya know?
On studentsonline you can see your report which shows your mark relative to the entire hsc cohort (kinda like how they do on naplan results but a little different) but I'm pretty sure the first page also shows your atar so if you want to see you may want to get someone else to open and scroll to the relevant page.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
not so much that it was "easier", but that the band descriptors were achieved with vastly different marks. In MX1 someone who got ~70 was able to aptly demonstrate all E4 outcomes (but someone with 69 was not) whereas in MX1 someone who got 79 was not able to fulfil all E4 criteria whereas someone who got 80 was able to scrape it.

for reference here are the band descriptors: https://educationstandards.nsw.edu....-mathematics/mathematics-extension-1-2017/pbd https://educationstandards.nsw.edu....-mathematics/mathematics-extension-2-2017/pbd
Pretty much this. Bands between different subjects are not comparable. The whole point of aligning marks into bands is to create some consistency between of HSC marks between different years within a given subject.

Greninja340

HSC
Pretty much this. Bands between different subjects are not comparable. The whole point of aligning marks into bands is to create some consistency between of HSC marks between different years within a given subject.
so if the aligned marks this year for extension 2 maths was high than previous years it means that the test was relatively easier

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)