2020 IPT (1 Viewer)

studiesofboard

HSC
Hey guys so I am doing a feasibility report for IPT and I am supposed to address all of the technical, operational, economic and feasibility constraints and it says at least 4 or more per point). What does this mean? and What are some examples of constraints?

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys so I am doing a feasibility report for IPT and I am supposed to address all of the technical, operational, economic and feasibility constraints and it says at least 4 or more per point). What does this mean? and What are some examples of constraints?
Well constraints as the name suggests is anything that prevents you from obtaining great feasibility. So for example a limited budget may be a constraint for Economic feasibility, limited software may be a constraint for Technical feasibility etc etc. I take it you get the gist of it.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Just going on into more specifics. In hindsight writing limited technology for example is a bad way to write it and it's certainly not how I wrote it looking back. I would recommend specifically naming what kind of technology as this will take up a few points. For example you can say Low quality editing software, Low quality camera etc.

studiesofboard

HSC
Would scanning be considered a process in a context diagram. I mean scanning in terms of scanning a book.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Would scanning be considered a process in a context diagram. I mean scanning in terms of scanning a book.
It's a context diagram there is only one process, so for your library system that should not at all be a process. It would only be a process if your making a DFD for example.

studiesofboard

HSC
my context diagram was going to have

external entity = librarian
dataflow = book isbn number
process =
dataflow= book
external entity = borrower

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
my context diagram was going to have

external entity = librarian
dataflow = book isbn number
process =
dataflow= book
external entity = borrower
This looks good. Process should be something broad. Just write library system or library.

Or another one could be

This makes no sense sorry haha. Scan isn't a data flow and search isn't the process.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
What is the best HSC IPT textbook
I always recommend Sam Davis. Students seem to trash on it because it does have too much information a lot of times, but those aren't the students getting the band 6's. I loved the Sam D textbook because you know everything you'll ever need is in it.

studiesofboard

HSC
The exam is apparently an In Class Assessment Task (Exam Style) does this mean it may be on a computer.

Polish Aussie

HSC
The exam is apparently an In Class Assessment Task (Exam Style) does this mean it may be on a computer.
I believe that an 'exam style' assessment task would probably be done on paper, and similar in style to the actual HSC exam, although I'm not too sure as none of my internal assessments (except for the trials) mention an 'exam style' exam. Potentially a side question, but is the exam on the Project Management topic?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I always recommend Sam Davis. Students seem to trash on it because it does have too much information a lot of times, but those aren't the students getting the band 6's. I loved the Sam D textbook because you know everything you'll ever need is in it.
That being said I used that book just as a reference point but it wasn't my main textbook. I was interested in the topics and spent much of my time reading/googling/understanding the subject beyond what was in the books.

Yesurhes

HSC
Can any1 go on an online discord call with me and help me with an ipt assignment?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)