2023 ATAR/HSC Marks (1 Viewer)

C_master

HSC
i'd assume they're lying about age and playing a character/ underestimating the maturity of a 13 year old since i've never seen a 13 year old with an ego this massive that also acts this stupid. also i think skibidi toilet is for age demographics much younger than yr7
[/QUOTE]
Exactly what I think @Bored of studying is

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC
Guys I should doxx myself so no one else gets the satisfaction of doing it

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
@Masaken if u receive a call from ngo do not I repeat do not answer
They just called and and instantly just asked for my marks probably for their honor roll list or smth and I couldn’t decline it. Now that I think about it I should have just cut the call 😭
omfg dude. speaking of which on the day the atars came out and stuff matrix emailed me asking for my marks and i just ignored it
now today they were calling me and when i didn't answer my call they had the audacity to call my DAD 😭

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC
omfg dude. speaking of which on the day the atars came out and stuff matrix emailed me asking for my marks and i just ignored it
now today they were calling me and when i didn't answer my call they had the audacity to call my DAD 😭
Vultures

C_master

HSC
Sure are desperate

HSC
Can someone please detail what drugs the markers were smoking to give me 1/4 for this question? anyone? thanks!
Your working out is fairly poor, but I can follow your solution quite fine.

Let's go through the marking criteria;

Calculates the correct z-value. While you did not notate what the z-value is, it is there; but some markers would argue you didn't actually say what the z-value is. Personally I would have given the mark but "technically" it's a bit dubious.
Finds the correct probability from the table; you notated the stem of the question to show this. I'd say this is valid, apart from writing 1.3=90.82%, which is an incorrect mathematical statement. Could have been set out better though.
Finds the correct proportion of the group of koalas. Again, you have this written down, but the setting out is very bad. 100=9.18% is an incorrect mathematical statement.
Provides correct solution; you have the answer, and the calculation from the proportion. I think you got this.

If I was marking harshly I would have given this a 2, one for proportion->answer and one for z-score->proportion less than. Your solution cannot be followed in a step by step order to the answer without knowing the steps you are doing. Markers give marks for mathematical reasoning and demonstrating mathematical ability; just writing down the numbers can be insufficient - that's what I think happened here.

While I'm interpolating your steps, the marker doesn't have the liberty to do so. I'd say the marker refused to "fill in the gaps" in the explanations in your answer. the only logical correct calculations in the answer that is relevant are the 400*9.18% and the z-score calculation, which doesn't fit cleanly into the marking criteria. While harsh, I do see the argument that that could be equivalent merit to 1/4...

standardfailure

HSC
because your working out is sorta garbage, they gave 1/4 because you had the correct answer and 0 for your working out. you can’t say 1.33 = -1.33 = 91.78% (or whatever it is you wrote), your equating a bunch of numbers together which makes no sense
1.3303 = ~~~ 1.33 = 90.82%

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)