2023 HSC chat (2 Viewers)

dsakvyilsa

HSC
How has everyone's week been? I got my first couple of assessment tasks, kinda nerve-wracking to think that they'll contribute to our HSC 😭

carrotsss

HSC
How has everyone's week been? I got my first couple of assessment tasks, kinda nerve-wracking to think that they'll contribute to our HSC 😭
Same, it’s so much more scary thinking about assignments when you know that if you stuff up it could stuff up your hsc 😭

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
it's been fun, finally started 3u topic in class (vectors), and got the assessment schedule for the entire hsc year. it is a bit nerve wracking but also kind of exciting haha one year from now i'm free

carrotsss

HSC
Do you like hand in maths tasks? I’ve always hated them 😲
I can confidently say that after spending a whole day on a dumb maths advanced assignment (that won’t even count for me but they’re making me do anyway in case I drop ext2), my opinion is not only unchanged, but my pure hatred of maths hand in tasks is stronger than ever.

carrotsss

HSC
Have anyone else’s advanced classes been spending ages on transformations of functions? We’ve literally been working on them since the start of the term for some reason, it’s so painful and slow and we’re pretty much repeating the same stuff every lesson. :(

fx82au

HSC
Have anyone else’s advanced classes been spending ages on transformations of functions? We’ve literally been working on them since the start of the term for some reason, it’s so painful and slow and we’re pretty much repeating the same stuff every lesson. :(
Yeah my class has. We're at the end of trig transformations, but my class has defo spent way too long on the topic. It seems like no one is paying attention in my class, as the teacher has to repeat everything 3 times over. Same thing for my MX1 class, we've barely gone half way through induction (the other students in my classes fault, not the teacher's).

Now that I think about it, all my classes are behind. We've spent 20ish lessons of chem on just 2 inquiry questions for organic chem! But, tbf we have a prac teacher, so you'd assume we'd be behind.

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
my class finished that topic last week (we did three chapters from cambridge each day 💀). but god i hated it so much, i can do it but i don't like drawing the graphs.

maybe you could bring it up with your teacher?

carrotsss

HSC
It seems like no one is paying attention in my class, as the teacher has to repeat everything 3 times over.
Ugh same, like you’d think people would be trying harder because it’s year 12
maybe you could bring it up with your teacher?
My teacher is aware of it, but unfortunately there’s not much she can do about it because she has to cater to the other people in the class (who aren’t the brightest bunch, which says a lot because they’re supposed to be the 20 best maths kids in my grade- anyways). It doesn’t help that everybody in the class seems to not take the teacher seriously or pay attention to her, and then expect me to personally explain everything to them- like the teacher is there for a reason, go ask her!! Anyways :(
but god i hated it so much, i can do it but i don't like drawing the graphs.
Aha same, I swear with any graph-related topic the questions are easy but it’s just so annoying having to draw 500 full graphs for every exercise! Luckily my teacher has been printing out axis for us to draw the graphs on, which makes it much more bearable.

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
It doesn’t help that everybody in the class seems to not take the teacher seriously or pay attention to her, and then expect me to personally explain everything to them- like the teacher is there for a reason, go ask her!! Anyways :(
they shouldn't be expecting you to explain everything - you're not the teacher, you're not obligated to explain anything especially if they're not listening, but yeah that sucks :(

Aha same, I swear with any graph-related topic the questions are easy but it’s just so annoying having to draw 500 full graphs for every exercise! Luckily my teacher has been printing out axis for us to draw the graphs on, which makes it much more bearable.
wish my teacher printed out axes haha, i hate drawing them (tbf the same goes for any graph in any other subject (sciences cough)

carrotsss

HSC
they shouldn't be expecting you to explain everything - you're not the teacher, you're not obligated to explain anything especially if they're not listening, but yeah that sucks :(
I’m bad at explaining stuff too so it doesn’t help anyone involved :(
wish my teacher printed out axes haha, i hate drawing them (tbf the same goes for any graph in any other subject (sciences cough)
Especially on lined paper, graphs are so gross to draw and the scales always end up weird

dsakvyilsa

HSC
mine started with sequence and series (don't know why, my adv teacher really has no structure to the class)
we literally don't have a scope and sequence, luckily I'm doing ext2 so my adv marks are obsolete 😅

carrotsss

HSC
mine started with sequence and series (don't know why, my adv teacher really has no structure to the class)
we literally don't have a scope and sequence, luckily I'm doing ext2 so my adv marks are obsolete 😅
Wow, not even a scope and sequence?! And I thought my class was disorganised 😵

dsakvyilsa

HSC
my mx1 class is still finishing the year 11 course (we had a month of school closures though, unfortunately, which led to our prelim course being very rushed in every subject)

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
omg series and sequences starter gang

my mx1 class is still finishing the year 11 course (we had a month of school closures though, unfortunately, which led to our prelim course being very rushed in every subject)
my tutor told me a lot of other schools also don't tend to finish mx1 in y11 (they mostly have inverse trig or binomial theorem left) so you're not alone at least, hopefully there's no disruptions for 2023

Especially on lined paper, graphs are so gross to draw and the scales always end up weird
grid paper books ftw ✊

carrotsss

HSC
my tutor told me a lot of other schools also don't tend to finish mx1 in y11 (they mostly have inverse trig or binomial theorem left) so you're not alone at least, hopefully there's no disruptions for 2023
^ my class still isn’t finished y11 (actually I think we finished last lesson, anyway). We do only get 3 periods/fortnight though, so it’s a bit tight
grid paper books ftw ✊
I despise grid paper books and prefer loose leaf + binder until the second I get to a graph and it’s just painful :(

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
^ my class still isn’t finished y11 (actually I think we finished last lesson, anyway). We do only get 3 periods/fortnight though, so it’s a bit tight
just curious, what topic did you end off with? and what is it like handling (what i think is) 3 different maths classes at the same time?

I despise grid paper books and prefer loose leaf + binder until the second I get to a graph and it’s just painful :(
no way omg... why don't you like them?? they're the reason why my diagrams and graphs look half decent 😭

dsakvyilsa

HSC
we're pretty on track now, the teacher readjusted the scope and sequence and we should be alright from here on out. The only prelim topic we were unable to do is perms and combs, which we are doing now (I hate them so much) and should be finished by next week.

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
we're pretty on track now, the teacher readjusted the scope and sequence and we should be alright from here on out. The only prelim topic we were unable to do is perms and combs, which we are doing now (I hate them so much) and should be finished by next week.
perms and combs worst topic ever, i agree 😔

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)