2023 HSC chat (12 Viewers)

C_master

HSC
dw about ‘workload’ it legit doesn’t matter, like if u do less ‘workload’ and put in less effort u just get a lower ATAR. it rlly doesn’t matter like if u want less workload try less hard
💀 The last thing I want is an atar lower than 99

year10studentpreparin

HSC
It kinda does especially in FANG, I mean these are the companies that fired hundreds of thousands of people because they over-hired and some didn't even have the decency to tell their employees that they were fired and expected them to rock-up and get refused access to the building or just locked out of emails.
oh yeah I forgot about FANG firing a bunch of employees but yeah thats really horrible and very bad job security damn

year10studentpreparin

HSC
It kinda does especially in FANG, I mean these are the companies that fired hundreds of thousands of people because they over-hired and some didn't even have the decency to tell their employees that they were fired and expected them to rock-up and get refused access to the building or just locked out of emails.
yeah makes me wanna stay in australia even more, I love it here anyway the US is just ultra capitalist bum hole

carrotsss

HSC
oh yeah I forgot about FANG firing a bunch of employees but yeah thats really horrible and very bad job security damn
bad job security is a stretch, i guarantee 99% of those people who got fired immediately found another job somewhere else with marginally less pay, there’s a reason they pay so much these people are in high demand. one thing a lot of people do is get experience in FAANG for a few years for employability then just settle into a chill job with a bit less pay and enjoy life

Interdice

HSC
same bro, thanks that really does motivate me.
I am currently learning extension 1 for computer science as well and ive done some python. Any resources you use for data structures and algorithms?
I tried leraning data strucutres and algorithms before, but I'm in an intrresting position. I can only answer teh easiest programming questions. reddit recomended this book

There is also a worksheet
Highly recomended on reddit.

I'm not an expert, you should page someone with more programming experiance. Best of luck to you

year10studentpreparin

HSC
bad job security is a stretch, i guarantee 99% of those people who got fired immediately found another job somewhere else with marginally less pay, there’s a reason they pay so much these people are in high demand. one thing a lot of people do is get experience in FAANG for a few years for employability then just settle into a chill job with a bit less pay and enjoy life
cant u just work offshore e.g like in australia then work for a US company anyway?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)