2023 HSC chat (1 Viewer)

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
bc they're performing better than the yr 12s 💀
Yeh that’s the same as my school. I guess it’s cause it’s the top year 11 students who accelerate and they only have 1-2 subjects compared to year 12s who have like 5-6

nsw..wollongong

HSC
but they do better than everyone in the actual hsc exams anyway so it’s there effectively no net impact on anyone’s marks?
nah the school counts them as part of our cohort now so all the yr 12 ranks are messed up, none of the yr 12s know their actual rank atm bc teachers are refusing to separate accel. students from the yr 12 classes

nsw..wollongong

HSC
the parents are complaining most likely that their children were unable to get into the accelerated course, and hence believe that they did worse than the yr 11s as a result of less attention than what was given to accelerated students
no they're complaining bc they feel that the teachers are catering for the accel students more than the actual yr 12 students

howcanibesmarter

HSC
Yeah same my school has no accelerated subjects I didn't even know they existed until this year. But my school isn't exactly prestigious so I can see why..
lol i go to a top 10 nsw school and they only offer one accelerated subject, so it isn't about being prestigious its just that the school doesn't have the teachers/couldn't be bothered

carrotsss

HSC
nah the school counts them as part of our cohort now so all the yr 12 ranks are messed up, none of the yr 12s know their actual rank atm bc teachers are refusing to separate accel. students from the yr 12 classes
The school doesn’t have a choice w that, they can’t separate the rankings

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
their actual rank is when the ranks of the accel students factored in tho.. they are also sitting the same hsc exam in ur cohort so obv ur meant to be ranked against them too..

nsw..wollongong

HSC
their actual rank is when the ranks of the accel students factored in tho.. they are also sitting the same hsc exam in ur cohort so obv ur meant to be ranked against them too..
no ur right, ideally it wouldn't make a difference but the parents are raising a point that there must be a reason why yr 12s are struggling so much (and are dropping out of math rlly quickly) compared to the yr 11s. that's why they're objecting to the yr 11s getting "better" treatment bc this yr is almost the first instance that so much time has been devoted to accel. subjects (it never used to be like this at all lmfao)

nsw..wollongong

HSC
Sure, they get more attention, but they also are disadvantaged given they had to speed run the whole yr 10 course. The pressures + workload will then cancel out with what yr 12s experience.
not sure, we never got all the study periods that they're getting atm, our entire grade didn't know abt accelerated math when we were in yr 10 which is why the parents are annoyed at the school for their difference in treatment

scaryshark09

HSC
I just bought the 'Uni Jetstream Retractable Rollerball Pen 0.7mm' today cause someone recommended it. I will test it out tomorrow.

scaryshark09

HSC
i know they don't smudge as much so far and they kinda make my writing easier to read, but i doubt it makes me write faster if thats what you are looking for

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
i know they don't smudge as much so far and they kinda make my writing easier to read, but i doubt it makes me write faster if thats what you are looking for
nah ive been doing my practice exams with a ballpoint pen on purpose to make it hard for me.. idk if that will help but my handwriting looks atrocious
the pen will indirectly help by making it easier and cleaner to write

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)