2024 HSC Chat (2 Viewers)

ziGma

HSC
How the hell do I prepare for a Math test 😭 I'm panicking - I did study during the holidays but now I feel like I forgot EVERYTHING - PLEASE HELP

liyzapiza

HSC
Is anyone else kinda terrified to go back to school? Ik HSC isn't the end of everything yada yada yada but it's also the biggest thing that you've done at this point in life yk? And also I've never not... been in the education system... Like I'll go to uni but that's not live breath eat sleep school in the same way that high school and primary is

Anyway living, laughing and loving. Can't wait to terrorize year 7s.

Chiprr

HSC
Is anyone else kinda terrified to go back to school? Ik HSC isn't the end of everything yada yada yada but it's also the biggest thing that you've done at this point in life yk? And also I've never not... been in the education system... Like I'll go to uni but that's not live breath eat sleep school in the same way that high school and primary is

Anyway living, laughing and loving. Can't wait to terrorize year 7s.
I go to a school that is only 11 and 12 (thank god), but I've volunteered to help out with the new year 11s tomorrow (y12 go back on friday). THERE ARE 340 Y11 STUDENTS STARTING TOMORROW.

definitely a little anxious to go back though

liyzapiza

HSC
I go to a school that is only 11 and 12 (thank god), but I've volunteered to help out with the new year 11s tomorrow (y12 go back on friday). THERE ARE 340 Y11 STUDENTS STARTING TOMORROW.

definitely a little anxious to go back though
340?!? That's nearly half my school. Honestly seeing younger grades always makes my day and I feel like I'd feel too old in a y11/y12 only school. Ranking in there would also be a nightmare

Chiprr

HSC
340?!? That's nearly half my school. Honestly seeing younger grades always makes my day and I feel like I'd feel too old in a y11/y12 only school. Ranking in there would also be a nightmare
We're on the same campus as a TAFE and uni so we never feel old. Its not a very competitive school and so some classes are quite small. e.g. y12 has like 220 people, MX1 has 14 people, English advanced has 95 or something. For year 11, there are 40 going into physics. Enrolment number usually drop by 20 or 30 in the first 4 weeks because they don't like some things about the school (mainly the 2 hour periods but we only get 3 a day)

liyzapiza

HSC
We're on the same campus as a TAFE and uni so we never feel old. Its not a very competitive school and so some classes are quite small. e.g. y12 has like 220 people, MX1 has 14 people, English advanced has 95 or something. For year 11, there are 40 going into physics. Enrolment number usually drop by 20 or 30 in the first 4 weeks because they don't like some things about the school (mainly the 2 hour periods but we only get 3 a day)
2hr periods are a hellscape. I would leave too. I thought 1hr 20 was bad enough..

Chiprr

HSC
2hr periods are a hellscape. I would leave too. I thought 1hr 20 was bad enough..
The only thing that's good about 2hr periods is that you can get through a load of content in one lesson. Some maths lessons we can get 4-5 subtopics done (questions included). Since we get so much time we basically get no homework (which is both good and bad as you have nothing that forces you to start studying other than personal motivation)

liyzapiza

HSC
The only thing that's good about 2hr periods is that you can get through a load of content in one lesson. Some maths lessons we can get 4-5 subtopics done (questions included). Since we get so much time we basically get no homework (which is both good and bad as you have nothing that forces you to start studying other than personal motivation)
I'm not tik tok brain broken by any means but surely at about 1 and 30 mins of straight maths you just mentally check out

Chiprr

HSC
I'm not tik tok brain broken by any means but surely at about 1 and 30 mins of straight maths you just mentally check out
Some teachers are nice and give you a 5-10 minute break halfway through the lesson, others don't. Luckily I enjoy learning and am able to quite easily make it through lessons. (also probably helps some people prepare for 3 hour HSC exams as you already have to focus for 2 so you're 3/4 of the way there)

We definitely have some lessons where we're productive for like an hour and then devolve into talking so loudly amongst each other that the teacher a room over has to come and ask us to be quiet. The only other thing that's good for 2 hour periods is having a free period in the morning or afternoon. The school allows for a flexible timetable so you can leave at 1pm on a day you have a free in the afternoon when usually you would end at 4pm. Some people don't even have to come to school on friday because of having 2 free's in the morning (friday ends at 1pm)

Aeonium

HSC
N/A
do you ever get double periods

johnnnCENAAAA

HSC
I've cried enough tears to see my own reflection in them
And then it was clear
I can't deny
I really miss it
To think that I was wrong
I guess you don't know what you got 'til it's gone
Pain is just a consequence of love
I'm saying sorry for the sake of us
He wasn't my everything 'til we were nothing
And it's taken me a lot to say
And now that he's gone, my heart is missing something
So it's time to push my pride away
'Cause you are, you are, you are my everything
You are, you are, you are my everything
I know you're not far, but I still can't handle all the distance
You're traveling with my heart
I hope this is a temporary feeling
'Cause it's too much to bear without you
And I know sorry, ain't lookin'
If I cross your mind, just know I'm yours
'Cause what we got is worth fighting for
'Cause you were, you were my everything 'til we were nothing
And it's taken me a lot to say
And now that you're gone, my heart is missing something
So it's time to push my pride away
You are, you are, you are

hafsah_

HSC
How do people read their Shakespeare prescribed text? Like I don't mind writing about Shakespeare's plays but I can't concentrate when it comes to reading them.

I have the No Fear Shakespeare for King Richard III and it should be a bit okay but what becomes hard there is finding quotes because the language has changed and we must only use the English of his time which I don't understand.

johnnnCENAAAA

HSC
How do people read their Shakespeare prescribed text? Like I don't mind writing about Shakespeare's plays but I can't concentrate when it comes to reading them.

I have the No Fear Shakespeare for King Richard III and it should be a bit okay but what becomes hard there is finding quotes because the language has changed and we must only use the English of his time which I don't understand.
If you take too long to hit me back
I can't promise you how I'll react
But all I can say
Is at least I'll wait for you
Lately, I've been on a roller coaster
Tryna get a hold of my emotions
But all that I know is I need you close
And I'ma scream and shout for what I love
Passionate but I don't give no fucks
I admit that I'm a lil' messed up
But I can hide it when I'm all dressed up
I'm obsessive and I love too hard
Good at overthinking with my heart
How you even think it got this far?
This far
And I can be needy, way too damn needy
I can be needy, tell me how good it feels to be needed
I can be needy, so hard to please me
I know it feels so good to be needed
Sorry if I'm up and down a lot (Yeah)
Sorry that I think I'm not enough
And sorry if I say sorry way too much
You can go ahead and call me selfish (Selfish)
But after all this damage I can't help it (Help it)
Or what you can trust, 'cause I need your touch
I'ma scream and shout for what I love
Passionate but I don't give no fucks
I admit that I'm a lil' messed up
But I can hide it when I'm all dressed up
I'm obsessive and I love too hard
Good at overthinking with my heart
How you even think it got this far?
This far
And I can be needy, way too damn needy
I can be needy, tell me how good it feels to be needed
I can be needy, so hard to please me
I know it feels so good to be needed
Hmmm, hmmm, ahh-haa

Chiprr

HSC
do you ever get double periods
Not in the traditional sense. My Monday is 2 hours of english advanced, 2 hours of MX1, 2 hours of MX2 so I guess you could consider that a double period

Aeonium

HSC
N/A
Not in the traditional sense. My Monday is 2 hours of english advanced, 2 hours of MX1, 2 hours of MX2 so I guess you could consider that a double period
yeah i meant like 2 b2b 2h periods; would hate that sm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)