• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

2024 HSC Chat (3 Viewers)

HSC
HI!! Did anyone here happen to watch that UTS 7 tips for hsc english webinar? I missed out on it and i was wondering what those tips actually were, shame they dont reupload them!

HSC
its just stream of consciousness (if you're doing discursive), with some techniques shoved in and I always like to add some literary allusions (I've watched/read LOTR so many times I know the script and always find a spot to pop a LOTR quote in)
Me with radiohead. I always reference or quote a radiohead lyric.

i mean my discursive was about radiohead. I try and inject this band into absolutely everything i do nesa will feel the absolute WRATH of thom yorke

HSC
and use a lot of 'show not tell' in your response along with a lot of figurative language, then they'll love you
Im just going to write something simmilar to what i did in my mod c. Gonna beā€¦adaptableā€¦

hope its a discursive so i can yap. Im very good at that!

HSC
Yea I do that but my mind is too left brained so I think too logically (like Christopher if you know you know), and then I end up talking about the steps to reach the effect like you would in math, but then I go off on tangents, I'm literally CHRISTOPHER BOONE.
Man i wish i was like that! My brain is too englishy, and then i overthink the question because i notice a squillion things at once. So either wayā€¦timed essays are never a fun time!

HSC
ya thats my plan. use all my reading time to GLANCE at the essay question and plan really thoroughly for short response. finish short 5-10 mini early and start on the essay asap getting a really decent intro
That is a solid plan, intros always take about 300 years to do

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)