• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

2024 HSC Chat (44 Viewers)

enchantedivory27

HSC
very very late reply but how are you feeling about the investigating exam?? the only module i feel like i actually know super well is mod 7... otherwise i'm so cooked
mod 7 is meh for me and mod 8... our teacher finished that on the last day like wtf mrs cooper! anyway mod 6 and 5 are better, hoping its just a normal investigating exam

enchantedivory27

HSC
well not easy but no extracts, mod c was discursive or persuasive, obv most of us did discursive like nesa you're on something to do that for sure

finwand

HSC
How were both English Papers. I am hearing mixed opinions, i cbb bothered going back to read other messages though
Advanced-

Paper 1 was weird to me. It was a 3, 4, 5, 3, 5 marker split (like wtf) and I personally did poorly
Common module question was a 3 part and good for those who treated each quality/motivations/action as a different concept in relationship. Needed to have prepared thoroughly/a good understanding of your text to do well

Paper 2 was both good and bad. Depends on the person
Mod A was broad and a nice question for those prepared asking you how ur perception of the later text changed from reading the earlier one
Mod B was about 'artistry' and 'textual integrity' and you needed to address how ur text was that, and its 'literary value'. I didn't like the question but I think it was solid and niche enough that a key differentiator might be whether you knew their definitions, and shaped ur thesis in line to it
Mod C was a 20 mark discursive/persuasive. 2025 will for sure be a split

TheLastHope

HSC
Advanced-

Paper 1 was weird to me. It was a 3, 4, 5, 3, 5 marker split (like wtf) and I personally did poorly
Common module question was a 3 part and good for those who treated each quality/motivations/action as a different concept in relationship. Needed to have prepared thoroughly/a good understanding of your text to do well

Paper 2 was both good and bad. Depends on the person
Mod A was broad and a nice question for those prepared asking you how ur perception of the later text changed from reading the earlier one
Mod B was about 'artistry' and 'textual integrity' and you needed to address how ur text was that, and its 'literary value'. I didn't like the question but I think it was solid and niche enough that a key differentiator might be whether you knew their definitions, and shaped ur thesis in line to it
Mod C was a 20 mark discursive/persuasive. 2025 will for sure be a split
can I get over 15 if i didn't actually mention texual integrity, but i think i still answered most of it right

finwand

HSC
cant remember lowkey made it up. but i think it was decent
To be honest if you talked a lot about ur text being 'art' or 'a coherent whole of [writing form style etc]' you could probably scrape by. I have a feeling the high range will have lower standards this year so who knows

radagastthebrown

HSC
if you talked about the enduring value of the text over time then that implies it, but you could get a pedantic marker
God, I really messed up. I had practised so much and knew all of this but just panicked for like no reason. I don't think I spoke about the enduring value :cry:

I did speak about the terms of the question, but idk

lillychoiii

HSC
guys does anyone know what would happen if i started my section 2 at the end of section 1 and only realised until i got to the next page in the writing booklet. I clarified at the top that i had started the essay in section 1 and then continued from there. Am i done for 😭

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 11, Guests: 33)