2024 HSC Chat (2 Viewers)

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
Hi everyone!! It’s been a while since I’ve had the chance to sit down and use BOS.. everything has been so hectic lately🙈
I’m not sure if this has been asked yet, but how much study is everyone planning to do/have you started for each day of the holidays? I haven’t started yet; just because I’ve been so busy but I feel I should soon. How much is everyone aiming for daily?
B4 I had this hectic schedule planned that would result in my entire holidays spent studying. Now I just plan on getting thru the math course so I can start practise papers at the start of the year, and going through t1 content 4 all other subjects.

Susu123

HSC
Hi everyone!! It’s been a while since I’ve had the chance to sit down and use BOS.. everything has been so hectic lately🙈
I’m not sure if this has been asked yet, but how much study is everyone planning to do/have you started for each day of the holidays? I haven’t started yet; just because I’ve been so busy but I feel I should soon. How much is everyone aiming for daily?
enough to finish all the notes i didnt get to do during school and catch up with maths and do practice papers and maybe get a little ahead in my sciences. also practicing english and writing fast cuz i suck at that (so like at least 5 hours a day - my dad told me to study 12 hours like bro no)

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
Time isn’t the metric you should use. It’s the work that you do that will help you develop. Note that even if you aim to do 8hrs, you’re innately going to prolong your activities in order to burn the time. You aren’t being productive, or time efficient.

yolo tengo

mitsuya's fanboy
HSC
enough to finish all the notes i didnt get to do during school and catch up with maths and do practice papers and maybe get a little ahead in my sciences. also practicing english and writing fast cuz i suck at that (so like at least 5 hours a day - my dad told me to study 12 hours like bro no)
i thought it was 16 hours of study BUT SRS GET SOME REST

HSC
i know you've heard this 1000 times but very seriously, the summer holidays is the 100% best time to recharge and reset for the HSC year. don't overwork yourself; I don't think I did more than 3 hrs on any day in the summer holidays and probably averaged around 1-2hrs.

focus on high yield things;
  • understanding difficult past topics -- particularly, asking "why?"
  • gaining a foundational knowledge of concepts in topics to come (i never studied more than about a term ahead, otherwise it just falls out of your brain, though)
  • resources that you will be able to use again at exam time; most notable, TEE tables/etc for english
  • past exam questions for mastery of prev topics
low yield things I wouldn't do;
  • reading through notes
  • for STEM subjects, making notes (if this really works for you go for it but I honestly think a high quality set of other people's notes is far more valuable, and its much more time efficient to apply your knowledge or struggle with difficult concepts)
  • math exercises in full (they are too repetitive right now for new content, and too simple for old content)
my goals in summer holidays were mastery of old topics, and foundational understanding of new topics (not surface level, but foundational)

Most of all if you haven't yet, learn ways to be more time efficient for you - what helps you to understand content and deepen that understanding most quickly? otherwise you will burnout and hate your hsc year (if you're striving for high marks)

AsuTeksu

Rising Renewal
HSC
welcome back souli!!!!

i'll be studying on weekdays and relaxing on weekends. i'm going to try to dedicate one hour to every subject everyday to keep it consistent and make progress for everything :D

zahri992

HSC
i'm taking december "off" to give myself a break and letting myself go out with my friends and work. when january starts I just plan to finish off and finalise any notes I did from last term, get ahead a bit in maths and familiarise myself with the standard 2 content because i'm likely dropping, do some more work for my dt portfolio and read and annotate/make notes on the books i'm reading in school for the rest of the year :)
if i'm bothered i might also write some more practice essays, i was kind of unhappy with my final one i wrote in my english adv exam...

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
i'm taking december "off" to give myself a break and letting myself go out with my friends and work. when january starts I just plan to finish off and finalise any notes I did from last term, get ahead a bit in maths and familiarise myself with the standard 2 content because i'm likely dropping, do some more work for my dt portfolio and read and annotate/make notes on the books i'm reading in school for the rest of the year :)
if i'm bothered i might also write some more practice essays, i was kind of unhappy with my final one i wrote in my english adv exam...
I r8 taking December off, and now I've got relatives from America over I might do the same. Either way I spend too much time procrastinating and getting nothing done lol. I should probs get an actual hobby...

yolo tengo

mitsuya's fanboy
HSC
I r8 taking December off, and now I've got relatives from America over I might do the same. Either way I spend too much time procrastinating and getting nothing done lol. I should probs get an actual hobby...
i thought coding was your hobby?? get into gaming!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)