2024 HSC Chat (4 Viewers)

Aeonium

HSC
N/A
(you can see the mania & hysteria brought on from depriving myself of social contact & sleep below)

HEY BAES NEW TUTORING DEBATE POSTED BY SMH RAHHH 🦅 I'M TOO BROKE TO PAY FOR THIS SHIT DISABLE JAVASCRIPT TO READ IT
https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...udents-and-undermine-hsc-20231227-p5etx3.html
I DON'T SEE WHY THEY ONLY TARGET TUTORING AND NOT LIKE PRIV SCHOOLS
OMG DR DU MENTIONED RAHHH 🦅 WTF IS A KIDNEY ??
WONDER IF THERE'S GOING TO BE WHITE KIDS THAT AREN'T FROM SELECTIVES AT DU/ZHANGS ETC. NOW??

"But in competitive environments, like selective schools, it drives that pressure for the highest-performing students to be coached." this is true tho like in '22 & '23 there were a few ppl who joined du even tho they were rly high ranking bcz other ppl were at du

OMG I FOUND A GRAMMAR MISTAKE "for least three hours." I THINK I SHOULD'VE DONE ENG EXT !!

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC
(you can see the mania & hysteria brought on from depriving myself of social contact & sleep below)

HEY BAES NEW TUTORING DEBATE POSTED BY SMH RAHHH 🦅 I'M TOO BROKE TO PAY FOR THIS SHIT DISABLE JAVASCRIPT TO READ IT
https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...udents-and-undermine-hsc-20231227-p5etx3.html
WONDER IF THERE'S GOING TO BE WHITE KIDS THAT AREN'T FROM SELECTIVES AT DU/ZHANGS ETC. NOW??

"But in competitive environments, like selective schools, it drives that pressure for the highest-performing students to be coached." this is true tho like in '22 & '23 there were a few ppl who joined du even tho they were rly high ranking bcz other ppl were at du

OMG I FOUND A GRAMMAR MISTAKE "for least three hours." I THINK I SHOULD'VE DONE ENG EXT !!
They're not wrong lol and they probably got bored of shitting on private schools like they always do

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC

I'm still not understanding what their premise was here lmfao. Tutoring has been a thing for generations...

AsuTeksu

Rising Renewal
HSC
I don't really see what the article is trying to argue. It's not the direct cause of inequality.

How can it be argued that it is "unfair" for select students to have access to tutoring?
How can it be argued that it is "unfair" for select students to have more time than others?

The arguments presented in the article is equivalent to someone saying that someone else's job or income is "unfair" when, in fact, that person put in the effort.

As someone who did tutoring to an extent for Mathematics and Chemistry, it is completely possible for people to score high WITHOUT tutoring, so it cannot be argued that it causes inequality.

It is up to the individual to make their situation work. The more excuses that people make, the less change that they'll make for themselves.

Additionally, we don't know the teaching methods of the teachers that have an issue with tutoring centres. Personally, I had a crap Mathematics teacher who never taught so I sought tutoring which eventually led to self-study without tutoring and she didn't like that I knew the content without her since it just showed I didn't need her.

Cute-Duckie

HSC
I've bought the pro version of Forest and tbh it was so worth it for me (I think it was around 5AUD but I cant remember), but I did use the app for a bit before I bought pro to test whether I would actually use it into the future or not. Anyway, over one year on from my purchase and it was the best money I ever spent lmao, I personally find it really motivating and love making the garden and seeing my statistics and blah blah blah. Make sure you'll actually use it before you buy it though! But it is cheaper than most other apps which is great :))

Cute-Duckie

HSC
I've bought the pro version of Forest and tbh it was so worth it for me (I think it was around 5AUD but I cant remember), but I did use the app for a bit before I bought pro to test whether I would actually use it into the future or not. Anyway, over one year on from my purchase and it was the best money I ever spent lmao, I personally find it really motivating and love making the garden and seeing my statistics and blah blah blah. Make sure you'll actually use it before you buy it though! But it is cheaper than most other apps which is great :))
btw the smiley with bracket at the end was meant to be a : ) ) without the spaces so just ignore that

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
I bought it, used it for about a week and haven't touched it since

carrotsss

HSC
As someone who did tutoring to an extent for Mathematics and Chemistry, it is completely possible for people to score high WITHOUT tutoring, so it cannot be argued that it causes inequality.
Whilst I obviously believe that tutoring is not necessary since I didn’t do any, I think that it’s disingenuous to say that because of that fact it’s not causing inequality - tutoring does objectively increase student’s results, whether you’re okay with the inequality it causes is a different question

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC
If it doesn't give you any kind of advantage then why would people do it

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
I’m crying guys I ran out of duolingo hearts that was my longest streak
wait can't u like practise for extra hearts? that's what I do cos this morning I got kicked out of the top 7 leader board and I've been on the grind to climb back up 😭

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)