2024 HSC Chat (5 Viewers)

AsuTeksu

Rising Renewal
HSC
Hey ppl, has anyone used the books by Atar notes- Did you find it useful for questions and notes?
I have the books for all my subjects and they are a hit and miss. From what I've looked at so far, they are really only good for quick coverage but it skips a lot of content, so if you decide to use them, don't depend on them. Personally, I like their topic tests quite a bit, but they do skip content there too. The whole collection needs a revamp ASAP.

mvrcuriee

#1 SK
HSC
Hey ppl, has anyone used the books by Atar notes- Did you find it useful for questions and notes?
personally i found them really nice for humanities esp legal bc it included every option and my school decided to do an uncommon one. pdh is for the first two core but i think they’re nice just to add to ur notes. i skimmed thru the math adv topic test at a shop but honestly I don’t think that’s worth it if u have 19389192 trial papers online lolll

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
I created a YPT (study app) group for us BoS 2024ers. dm me if u want to join. Hopefully seeing all ur work ethics will motivate me to actually get my ass in a seat and get cracking

Aeonium

HSC
N/A
my friend is throwing the study race so hard it's wild

ziGma

HSC
I have a question about ranking and allignment....

Do all four internal tasks determine our final rank which is then used in allignment?

Do we get two semester reports with our ranks for each semester but then which one is used to allign marks OR is the second one our final rank (after trials) and that is used to allign our marks?

hope this makes sense xd

Thanks

ziGma

HSC
I'm thinking about joining a coaching centre for math and physics.

Do ya'll recommend it? I don't know anyone whose been to a coaching center so any thoughts?

carrotsss

HSC
I have a question about ranking and allignment....

Do all four internal tasks determine our final rank which is then used in allignment?

Do we get two semester reports with our ranks for each semester but then which one is used to allign marks OR is the second one our final rank (after trials) and that is used to allign our marks?

hope this makes sense xd

Thanks
Alignment is a completely seperate process in which your exam marks are increased from their raw marks based on the band descriptors (ie which mark shows b6 achievement)

Moderation is the process used to determine your school assessment mark, which is based on your overall ranking from all of the year 12 internal assessments, and the relative mark differences between those ranks. Depending on your school you may receive ranks in earlier reports etc (some schools won’t give you any ranks and you’ll have to wait for NESA to release them) but they are based on the final rankings, which includes all assessments including trials

ziGma

HSC
Alignment is a completely seperate process in which your exam marks are increased from their raw marks based on the band descriptors (ie which mark shows b6 achievement)

Moderation is the process used to determine your school assessment mark, which is based on your overall ranking from all of the year 12 internal assessments, and the relative mark differences between those ranks. Depending on your school you may receive ranks in earlier reports etc (some schools won’t give you any ranks and you’ll have to wait for NESA to release them) but they are based on the final rankings, which includes all assessments including trials
oh ok makes sense. So what I was calling allignment is actually moderation 💀

So the last report or ranks we receive after trials include all the assessment marks and ranks and that is used for moderation....right?

carrotsss

HSC
oh ok makes sense. So what I was calling allignment is actually moderation 💀

So the last report or ranks we receive after trials include all the assessment marks and ranks and that is used for moderation....right?
yes (except some school don’t include it and then you have to wait for nesa to release them)

carrotsss

HSC
Further confusion clarification - then what's allignment?
Alignment is a process to make marks (mostly) comparable between years in a subject. Since obviously there are harder and easier years for a subject, rather than just giving you your raw marks NESA instead aligns them based on the band descriptors, so for example last year NESA decided that an ≈66 in maths extension 2 was the minimum mark to fulfil the E4 criteria, and hence if you got a 66 raw in the maths ext 2 exam last year then you’d get a 90 “HSC exam mark” from NESA (and you don’t actually get the raw mark unless you pay).

C_master

HSC
Alignment is a process to make marks (mostly) comparable between years in a subject. Since obviously there are harder and easier years for a subject, rather than just giving you your raw marks NESA instead aligns them based on the band descriptors, so for example last year NESA decided that an ≈66 in maths extension 2 was the minimum mark to fulfil the E4 criteria, and hence if you got a 66 raw in the maths ext 2 exam last year then you’d get a 90 “HSC exam mark” from NESA (and you don’t actually get the raw mark unless you pay).
Bruh why do u have to pay to get ur raw marks

HSC
Bruh why do u have to pay to get ur raw marks
you are literally in year 12 and most likely are not going to do the exam again so its kinda useless to get your raw marksunless you are really curious.
(but even then you can just ask your teachers about ur raw marks and they should give it to you since they have it as well though it might depend on what teacher you have)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)