2024 HSC Chat (4 Viewers)

HSC
Bruh why do u have to pay to get ur raw marks
you are literally in year 12 and most likely are not going to do the exam again so its kinda useless to get your raw marksunless you are really curious.
(but even then you can just ask your teachers about ur raw marks and they should give it to you since they have it as well though it might depend on what teacher you have)

hafsah_

HSC
Heyyy,

Does anyone at all have any tips for SOR II because it seems like I'm the only one struggling with the subject? I think it is because of my teacher because the teacher isn't even at school sometimes and even if the teacher is, all we do is walk into class, read and do summaries, and the questions at the end of the unit. In contrast to the other teacher who has wayy more experience; she goes through the syllabus, discusses the content with us, keeps us engaged, and then does HSC questions with us.

Anyway, I've figured that it's my ATAR and not theirs so I'm willing to put in hard yards but I'm not sure how to go about it. Memorising the content is pretty easy but for me, the questions stuff me up ALL the time, especially the ones with the stats and the ones where we have to answer off a quote. The religions we're studying are Buddhism, Islam and Judaism (which is the hardest for me tbh), based off the Year 11 content we covered. If anyone has any advice whatsoever, help me out pls 🙏🏽

All the best!!

AsuTeksu

Rising Renewal
HSC
Heyyy,

Does anyone at all have any tips for SOR II because it seems like I'm the only one struggling with the subject? I think it is because of my teacher because the teacher isn't even at school sometimes and even if the teacher is, all we do is walk into class, read and do summaries, and the questions at the end of the unit. In contrast to the other teacher who has wayy more experience; she goes through the syllabus, discusses the content with us, keeps us engaged, and then does HSC questions with us.

Anyway, I've figured that it's my ATAR and not theirs so I'm willing to put in hard yards but I'm not sure how to go about it. Memorising the content is pretty easy but for me, the questions stuff me up ALL the time, especially the ones with the stats and the ones where we have to answer off a quote. The religions we're studying are Buddhism, Islam and Judaism (which is the hardest for me tbh), based off the Year 11 content we covered. If anyone has any advice whatsoever, help me out pls 🙏🏽

All the best!!
Could you provide an example of questions that stump you?

rubypinky:)

HSC
im doing common module = crucible, mod a = king rich and mod b is emma.

If term 1 year 12 assesment task was cruicble and I started learning king richard at the end, which im assuming Ill get a task for king richard. So term 2= King richard. Then term 3= trials. Term 4= Hsc. Basically, i don't get a formal assesment for emma and creative task?

jonolad69

HSC
im doing common module = crucible, mod a = king rich and mod b is emma.

If term 1 year 12 assesment task was cruicble and I started learning king richard at the end, which im assuming Ill get a task for king richard. So term 2= King richard. Then term 3= trials. Term 4= Hsc. Basically, i don't get a formal assesment for emma and creative task?
i don’t think so. i could be wrong but here’s how it would be set out for you

term 4: crucible
term 1: king Richard
term 2: Emma or a mod c task (some schools either do one or the other) but they cover both modules in the same term and choose which module to assess
term 3: trials
term 4: hsc

linoloml_

HSC
Hey ppl, has anyone used the books by Atar notes- Did you find it useful for questions and notes?
I used the ATAR notes topic test book for chemistry and the questions were pretty good. The answers were detailedly explained. They tell you what you have to do to get the highest possible mark for that question.
However, I found a lot of mistakes in the answers, mainly calculation or clerical errors(but they affected the final answer) and a few mistakes in the questions too.

Last edited:

Chiprr

HSC
I used the ATAR notes topic test book and the questions were pretty good. The answers were detailedly explained. They tell you what you have to do to get the highest possible mark for that question.
However, I found a lot of mistakes in the answers, mainly calculation or clerical errors(but they affected the final answer) and a few mistakes in the questions too.
I'm pretty sure I saw the same thing multiple times as well in some of the physics questions and maybe some maths. The physics solutions would work towards an answer but then finish too early with an answer that was incorrect and they would explain what the final answer should be in the justification for marks.

linoloml_

HSC
I'm pretty sure I saw the same thing multiple times as well in some of the physics questions and maybe some maths. The physics solutions would work towards an answer but then finish too early with an answer that was incorrect and they would explain what the final answer should be in the justification for marks.
yeah, and it's very misleading. Because if someone is not confident in their answers(me), they might not realise that their answers were right and the textbook was wrong. So make sure to not assume that the textbook answer will always be right even when it seems wrong. If you have a teacher you can rely on, check these answers/questions with them

Chiprr

HSC
yeah, and it's very misleading. Because if someone is not confident in their answers(me), they might not realise that their answers were right and the textbook was wrong. So make sure to not assume that the textbook answer will always be right even when it seems wrong. If you have a teacher you can rely on, check these answers/questions with them
I generally try to use the ********* books (especially the topic tests) as a general guide to the questions you can be asked. I will do past paper questions before, then some *********, and then more past papers. I only use it once I mostly know what the solution to questions in that style should look like so I usually don't get caught out by it.

linoloml_

HSC
I generally try to use the ********* books (especially the topic tests) as a general guide to the questions you can be asked. I will do past paper questions before, then some *********, and then more past papers. I only use it once I mostly know what the solution to questions in that style should look like so I usually don't get caught out by it.
that seems like a good plan. But why are the names censored out lmao

Chiprr

HSC
that seems like a good plan. But why are the names censored out lmao
I've seen it happen before, think it's just because it's referencing a private company or something. It probably would've worked if I'd split the word in half or something. You knew what I was talking about at least

linoloml_

HSC
I've seen it happen before, think it's just because it's referencing a private company or something. It probably would've worked if I'd split the word in half or something. You knew what I was talking about at least
Ah that makes sense. You were talking about Atar Notes topic tests, right? (checking if its gonna censor)

Chiprr

HSC
Ah that makes sense. You were talking about Atar Notes topic tests, right? (checking if its gonna censor)
Yeah, specifically for physics. I haven't done too much of the maths ones but I spotted a few errors in the physics topic tests in projectile motion (iirc)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)