• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

2024 HSC Chat (22 Viewers)

finwand

HSC
cant remember lowkey made it up. but i think it was decent
To be honest if you talked a lot about ur text being 'art' or 'a coherent whole of [writing form style etc]' you could probably scrape by. I have a feeling the high range will have lower standards this year so who knows

radagastthebrown

HSC
if you talked about the enduring value of the text over time then that implies it, but you could get a pedantic marker
God, I really messed up. I had practised so much and knew all of this but just panicked for like no reason. I don't think I spoke about the enduring value :cry:

I did speak about the terms of the question, but idk

lillychoiii

HSC
guys does anyone know what would happen if i started my section 2 at the end of section 1 and only realised until i got to the next page in the writing booklet. I clarified at the top that i had started the essay in section 1 and then continued from there. Am i done for 😭

rosieohposie

HSC
omg someone else doing cafs, very random but for section 2, how long do your responses tend to be?
omg FINALLY i have not seen a single other person on these forums doing cafs. 🙏

usually like one page for the 4 marker, one and a half for 6 marker, and then for the 15 marker i'm aiming for a 3 paragraph essay but my teacher said 4/5 pages should be good so that's my goal!! keep in mind though i have a yapping habit + my handwriting is on the larger side

radagastthebrown

HSC
I get ur exaggerating but does not writing a title affect you that much in the hsc?
Found a good message from a thread from 2009
"The HSC is positivly marked, they can't 'take away' marks for anything, they can only give you marks for what you did right. A title is not necessary but can useful if used cleverly."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)