• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

2024 HSC Chat (22 Viewers)

rubypinky:)

HSC
does anyone know how much difference in raw mark it is between the hsc mark. (e.g a person who got 84 for their HSC and 85 for their hsc mark) is the gap really big of their raw mark or really small? If small, how small is it?

radagastthebrown

HSC
does anyone know how much difference in raw mark it is between the hsc mark. (e.g a person who got 84 for their HSC and 85 for their hsc mark) is the gap really big of their raw mark or really small? If small, how small is it?
Pretty sure HSC mark is the final mark after alignment, and then averaging with assessment mark. So your raw mark is aligned, then the average of your assessment mark and aligned mark becomes your hsc mark.
(Take what I'm saying with a grain of salt though, I don't 100% understand how it works)

rubypinky:)

HSC
As such, I know the variation will be smaller closer to 100. But if you see the raw database, In 2022 English Advanced raw mark of 49 went to 70 but how much of a difference would 70 and 71 be? 3 marks? 4 marks

Demons

goated member
HSC
As such, I know the variation will be smaller closer to 100. But if you see the raw database, In 2022 English Advanced raw mark of 49 went to 70 but how much of a difference would 70 and 71 be? 3 marks? 4 marks
Have you had a look at Carrots ATAR calc, it estimates the aligned mark using your raw mark for the 2022 HSC,try messing around with that maybe you'll find your answer.

https://boredofstudies.org/threads/how-to-calculate-your-atar-from-trial-past-paper-marks.404596/

radagastthebrown

HSC

femboys4life

HSC
On my side, a mix of both. Attempting to "study hard" to stay on top of content so I don't drown in it later down the track. I didn't learn much from my teachers, everything was mainly self taught throughout Year 11 so studying ahead will let me highlight weak areas before it's too late. 🤧💀
studying to make you hard

K2Trappy

HSC
Is that thing accurate, it gave me a really nice ATAR when I put my marks in, I just don't want any false hope
its accurate as a calculator by itself, meaning if u did the hsc 2022 and used those raw marks the atar is accurate, no one can predict the difficulty of this years hsc, or accurately compare ur trials to hsc 2022

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 6, Guests: 16)