• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

2026 HSC CHAT (4 Viewers)

jane1820

HSC
What do you mean by catching up?
I absolutely despise financial math. It's not hard but i just despisee it so much ughhh. fingers crossed we don't get to that topic before yearlies
Catching up as in i was not focused in class to do it so im self-studying it during the holidays
also yes financial is so annoying ugh

jane1820

HSC
data and prob and thats it, last test was fucking non liner and trig, clutched tf up and came first in the grade excluding the accelerated class who are starting year 12 work next term
Nah probability is so bad i still cant believe i got 7/11 right in the test (for me thats a huge accomplishment idc) also measurment whenever i calculate the surface area of some prism (the ones without a formula) i ALWAYS get those wrong yuck
data is alr let the calculator do the work for u
non linear is definitely my favourite this whole yr it was so good so nice n so easy loved that topic so much i got 10/11 for that part in my last test AGH I LOVE NON LINEAR

sly_lyepat

HSC
Nah probability is so bad i still cant believe i got 7/11 right in the test (for me thats a huge accomplishment idc) also measurment whenever i calculate the surface area of some prism (the ones without a formula) i ALWAYS get those wrong yuck
data is alr let the calculator do the work for u
non linear is definitely my favourite this whole yr it was so good so nice n so easy loved that topic so much i got 10/11 for that part in my last test AGH I LOVE NON LINEAR
non liner is good but trig sucks, trig equations and identities almost finished me but whoever made the test only put 2 questions of that stuff so bless them

jane1820

HSC
non liner is good but trig sucks, trig equations and identities almost finished me but whoever made the test only put 2 questions of that stuff so bless them
I havent finished trig yet ill give u an update when im done 😈

jane1820

HSC
Gang random question but does anyone know someone who attends sefton high n if they take out of area applications? (Not selective just out of area) bc my friend goes there n she keeps telling me to move n tbh i want to move but selective applications closed n she doesnt know if they accept out of area

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
Gang random question but does anyone know someone who attends sefton high n if they take out of area applications? (Not selective just out of area) bc my friend goes there n she keeps telling me to move n tbh i want to move but selective applications closed n she doesnt know if they accept out of area
i dont think so coz they have a limit coz when my parents wanted to enrol my brother there last year they said no (we dont even live far but they said he has to go to his local school)

the school said we're out of the area and when my parents said they see students coming from far away the school said thats the selective stream

Shavi Masee

HSC
You know what sucks. When you keep on losing stuff, so you put these important things in a safe place where you won't lose it.
Except you forget where that safe place was T-T

Last edited:

isho-3

HSC
What topic r u guys doing rn at ur skl? Also ur 5.3 yh?
5.3, we finished our yearlies this term due to weird scheduling for this year,,,, did trig, quadratics, probability, financial, non-lin graphs. we've already gotten our marks & i'm proud of my grades in maths (this year haven't gotten below 90%) but also so pissed that each and every time it's not a question i was struggling w/ but just silly mistakes,,,,, this time (72/74) i incorrectly labelled a tree diagram & didn't clearly label the answer even tho i got it correct,,,,,,,,

but good news is that next term we're getting into y11 adv. & ext. content for maths, genuinely pretty excited

isho-3

HSC
You know what sucks. When you keep on losing stuff, so you put these important things in a safe place where you won't lose it.
Except you forget where that safe place was T-T
ong this has happened to me so many goddamn times now,,,,,,,, i've honestly just given up and started letting the 'safe' place come to me. if everything needs to be in a bag or a folder or a pencil case so that i can bring it around with me everywhere then so be it

jane1820

HSC
5.3, we finished our yearlies this term due to weird scheduling for this year,,,, did trig, quadratics, probability, financial, non-lin graphs. we've already gotten our marks & i'm proud of my grades in maths (this year haven't gotten below 90%) but also so pissed that each and every time it's not a question i was struggling w/ but just silly mistakes,,,,, this time (72/74) i incorrectly labelled a tree diagram & didn't clearly label the answer even tho i got it correct,,,,,,,,

but good news is that next term we're getting into y11 adv. & ext. content for maths, genuinely pretty excited
OMG I UNDERSTAND UR STRUGGLE SO MUCH I LOST MARKS ON MY HALF YEARLY ALSO FOR STUPID MISTAKES
like i would write (just an example):
4x-3=9
4x=9-3
4x=6
x=3/2
N I NEVER REALISE EVEN WHEN I REVISE SO MUCH HELP 😭😭

Shavi Masee

HSC
I need ideas pls!!
For my art assignment we have to create a stop motion animation on the theme 'Beauty That Move Minds'
I'm leaning toward doing this by showing how someones passion (their beauty) can inspire (moves) people (minds). and then at the end of the animation it loops back to the beginning - so like a circle of inspiration (beauty) that continues yh. rn I'm imagining the 'your lie in april' scene where the girl plays the violin and inspires the pianist to continue if you've watched that anime.

The stop motion can be in the form of - Charcoal art, 2D Animation, pencil, claymation, literally anything... of 45 seconds

Could someone give ideas on a storyline that they think is pretty cool to that theme - preferably easy to draw? I've got a few ideas but they all are really hard to draw imo.

pls i'm desperate T-T

Last edited:

jane1820

HSC
I need ideas pls!!
For my art assignment we have to create a stop motion animation on the theme 'Beauty That Move Minds'
I have chosen to do this by showcasing how someones passion (their beauty) can inspire (moves) people (minds). and then at the end of the animation it loops back to the beginning - so like a circle of inspiration (beauty) that continues yh. rn I'm imagining the 'your lie in april' scene where the girl plays the violin and inspires the pianist to continue if you've watched that anime.

The stop motion can be in the form of - Charcoal art, 2D Animation, pencil, claymation, literally anything... of 45 seconds

Could someone give ideas on a storyline that they think is pretty cool to that theme - preferably easy to draw? I've got a few ideas but they all are really hard to draw imo.

pls i'm desperate T-T
Kinda stupid n unrelated but what if u draw someone who is going up the stairs while another is going up in the elevator (n u can show for example that the elevator is on level 42 while the person is on level 38) then idk the elevator lags n stays on level 42 while the person reaches level 50 first so the elevator dude goes up the stairs

hmm literally so stupid but it shows that tho going up stairs is harder it helped the person reach their destination first from constant effort while the other had it ‘easy’ when they took the elevator

so it could be ‘beauty - effort’ ‘moves - walking’ ‘minds - perspective’
tell me if its related and/or u like it or at least consider it?

Shavi Masee

HSC
Kinda stupid n unrelated but what if u draw someone who is going up the stairs while another is going up in the elevator (n u can show for example that the elevator is on level 42 while the person is on level 38) then idk the elevator lags n stays on level 42 while the person reaches level 50 first so the elevator dude goes up the stairs

hmm literally so stupid but it shows that tho going up stairs is harder it helped the person reach their destination first from constant effort while the other had it ‘easy’ when they took the elevator

so it could be ‘beauty - effort’ ‘moves - walking’ ‘minds - perspective’
tell me if its related and/or u like it or at least consider it?
OMG THAT'S REALLY COOL, I haven't thought abt it that way :0
I'll write that down as one of my options def!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 2)