• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

2026 HSC CHAT (20 Viewers)

Parsa72

HSC
I'm thinking of doing advanced maths, advanced English, business studies, economics, hams and investigative science but I'm not sure if I should bump up to ext 1 maths or go down to standard English? I get like 80-85% on every test in every main subject

jane1820

HSC
I'm thinking of doing advanced maths, advanced English, business studies, economics, hams and investigative science but I'm not sure if I should bump up to ext 1 maths or go down to standard English? I get like 80-85% on every test in every main subject
Personally i always recommend ppl to go ext if they think they can do it bc u can always drop down but never go up so if u think ur able to cope w ext maths then go for it n then drop it if its not what u though it was
Also for eng i think the same keep adv then drop down to standard if u cant cope w the workload (put in mind that ur allowed to drop levels throughout the yr not subjects eg u can drop from adv to standard mid term 2 but cant drop bio (eg))

but thats just me i recommend u gather more opinions then make ur final judgement

Shavi Masee

HSC
It took me a minute to figure out what hams was I was like food lol??
I say stick to advanced eng, I'm kinda failing and my teacher said I could go to advanced so yh. You can always drop down if it's too much.
If you are performing in the 90% for math then do ext 1. Dont do it just for the sake of it, unless you need it for uni or smth.

Parsa72

HSC
I say stick to advanced eng, I'm kinda failing and my teacher said I could go to advanced so yh. You can always drop down if it's too much.
If you are performing in the 90% for math then do ext 1. Dont do it just for the sake of it, unless you need it for uni or smth.
I'm good at maths I get at least 80% on tests, but I don't know if that's gonna be good enough for ext 1 so I have to think about it or maybe put in more effort with studying

jane1820

HSC
Stop apparently my deputy is making everyone drop down like theres this girl she wanted to do ext eng but got forced to drop down to standard like i get for rankings n shit but i thought u cant force but recommend??

Bastani

HSC
Stop apparently my deputy is making everyone drop down like theres this girl she wanted to do ext eng but got forced to drop down to standard like i get for rankings n shit but i thought u cant force but recommend??
alr

Bastani

HSC
Bro thats so scary tf like the most my dad ever threw at me was a flower bc we got into a fight n was apologising 💀
Shaun the Sheep Movie (marketed as Shaun the Sheep: The Movie) is a 2015 animated adventure comedy film written and directed by Richard Starzak and Mark Burton (in their directorial debuts). It is based on the British television series Shaun the Sheep

Bastani

HSC
he doesn't.
who is this guy bro tf

Anyone else happy for their friends when they beat you in an exam but also sad but can't do anything about it and feels guilty for feeling bad or jealous. yeah that's me right now.. don't get me wrong, i'm getting what i need to do, done, but i don't have enough time to do notes for all my subjects these days at the moment i'm placed first in all my subjects, but there's this one girl in my class who has suddenly stepped it up and she's ahead in bio and chem (she's tryna ace those subjects) and i'm paranoid she's gonna take over me comes assessment time, but i have my suspicions. However their is this one guy in my class (in ALL my classes) who is suddenly doing extremley well in Physics, Ancient AND English. He wasn't really any comeptiton before but during the first term of year 12 he started 'impressing' all the teachers an now I feel insecure LOL 😭 do people at university get some sort of credential after completing 1/2 years of their degree? - if i wanted to, for example, get a job during uni in my 3rd year of a 5-year bachelors, could i put those 2 years of uni on my resume? Anyone else happy for their friends when they beat you in an exam but also sad but can't do anything about it and feels guilty for feeling bad or jealous......... yeah that's me right now......... i find it so unfair though how women can be disadvantaged like that in the hsc and there’s (presumably) nothing to get around that. like. our mental state is literally disadvantaged during that time, we can’t perform to our peak capabilities. not fair. i wish there was some thing for it like extra marks or something idek. though it would be weird to prove. surely a top 10 school student who doesnt take bad subjects would have higher marks than me even if my marks are apparently inflated

Shavi Masee

HSC
I'm good at maths I get at least 80% on tests, but I don't know if that's gonna be good enough for ext 1 so I have to think about it or maybe put in more effort with studying
I get 80% and my teacher told me I had to do adv. Even though I've gotten 90% in all my other exams. But I say that if ur up to it then do it, you can always drop down.

jonolad69

HSC
who is this guy bro tf

Anyone else happy for their friends when they beat you in an exam but also sad but can't do anything about it and feels guilty for feeling bad or jealous. yeah that's me right now.. don't get me wrong, i'm getting what i need to do, done, but i don't have enough time to do notes for all my subjects these days at the moment i'm placed first in all my subjects, but there's this one girl in my class who has suddenly stepped it up and she's ahead in bio and chem (she's tryna ace those subjects) and i'm paranoid she's gonna take over me comes assessment time, but i have my suspicions. However their is this one guy in my class (in ALL my classes) who is suddenly doing extremley well in Physics, Ancient AND English. He wasn't really any comeptiton before but during the first term of year 12 he started 'impressing' all the teachers an now I feel insecure LOL 😭 do people at university get some sort of credential after completing 1/2 years of their degree? - if i wanted to, for example, get a job during uni in my 3rd year of a 5-year bachelors, could i put those 2 years of uni on my resume? Anyone else happy for their friends when they beat you in an exam but also sad but can't do anything about it and feels guilty for feeling bad or jealous......... yeah that's me right now......... i find it so unfair though how women can be disadvantaged like that in the hsc and there’s (presumably) nothing to get around that. like. our mental state is literally disadvantaged during that time, we can’t perform to our peak capabilities. not fair. i wish there was some thing for it like extra marks or something idek. though it would be weird to prove. surely a top 10 school student who doesnt take bad subjects would have higher marks than me even if my marks are apparently inflated
newgen doesn't know 😭

failed gotcha moment, better luck next time.

Shavi Masee

HSC
who is this guy bro tf

I feel you bro, some of my friends do really well and I feel like I'm falling behind and I'll never surpass them.
(Also isnt this someone else's post T-T, you arent in yr 11 or 12 to be doing those subjects)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)