21 hours of study a week (1 Viewer)

dylanbigdaddy

HSC
tsfx (The School For Excellence) a private education institution suggests that a HSC student should be completing 21 hours of study out side of school a week. That 4 hours should be done a day and 8 full study on one of the weekend days. This si to spread the study time thin across the year instead of thick at the week before exams and heighten stress levels reducing learning capabilities. They also introduce a study bank system. where you can miss a few hours of studie because of commitments, however like a bank loan, there are penalties. For every hour of study missed at the end of the term a 25% intrest is applied. ie 15min for every hour is added.

Is this too much? Too little?
Who already does this? does it work?
Do you have a different system?
Does that work?

ps. the pdf of the tsfx report can be found here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?9w0gz60gqdwmga5

Cl324

HSC
N/A
Way too effing much. This would be equivalent to my cramming before exams.
I reckon 2.5 hours a day during the week and 4 hrs on both days of the weekend is short of going insane

enoilgam

HSC
tsfx (The School For Excellence) a private education institution suggests that a HSC student should be completing 21 hours of study out side of school a week. That 4 hours should be done a day and 8 full study on one of the weekend days. This si to spread the study time thin across the year instead of thick at the week before exams and heighten stress levels reducing learning capabilities. They also introduce a study bank system. where you can miss a few hours of studie because of commitments, however like a bank loan, there are penalties. For every hour of study missed at the end of the term a 25% intrest is applied. ie 15min for every hour is added.

Is this too much? Too little?
Who already does this? does it work?
Do you have a different system?
Does that work?

ps. the pdf of the tsfx report can be found here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?9w0gz60gqdwmga5
You will find that most of the top students in the state dont work to a time limit, but instead they work towards achieving certain study goals. Usually inexperienced people study to a time limit (i.e. I must do 5 hours of study today).

Last edited:

kkmok

HSC
Uni Grad
serious?............ 21 hours of study a week?

I think it really depends on your ability.

For me myself, I probably did <1 hour of study per normal wk (doing homework doesn't count? If it count still less than 5hours, only 4unit maths take me a while. Other homework I usually complete in school). Well I pay attention in my classes and trying to absorb 100% of the content.

I only really studied for chemistry, spending 1hour in 3-4days before the yrly/trial/hsc to memorize the syllabus (ofcourse also knowing how to respond...)

high school? you just need to work efficient to achieve your cut-off for your degree.
I did more study in uni than hsc lol.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
3 hours a day on average, not bad, it'll probably be helpful (studying over the year rather than cramming).

Makes total sense, I agree with it.

thisiswar

HSC
If u count doing hw as study then that's possible otherwise if it's just study for 21 hrs...that's a bit too much

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
totally dependent on the individual student

no such thing as an arbitrary amount of hours to study

delian

HSC
N/A
Study time should not really be calculated using a formula- it varies person to person, subject to subject.

ibbybiby

HSC
If you study 21 hours per week for a year that is over 1000 hours of study. I think that's pushing it a bit.

HSC
When I read threads like this I just want to cry. Is this honestly what's expected of me?

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I think 1-2 hours per day is plenty given that you study efficiently and focus. 3-4 hours per day if you're multitasking while you study.

Cheesecake_a

HSC
Say you are not up to this standard, yet alone studying really hard everyday. Are you up for trouble already? Because lately things have been happening and motivation has sort of slipped away, and I am trying to regain it.

theycallmebob

HSC
Since last weekend I have studied at least 6 hours a day. Yesterday I did 13.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)